GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Fuel Injector Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-07, 08:47 AM
rayy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel Injector Service

I did a search but didn't find anything related to getting a fuel injector service. Maybe my searching skills aren't so good.

My question is has anyone done a Fuel Injector System Service at a Lexus dealer or Toyota dealer? I was at Toyota of Bay Ridge a month ago with a friend that had to get an alignment and I saw a chart for Fuel Injector Service. I was thinking that the previous owner of my car didn't do it since I'm getting worse mileage compared to everyone else. 12-15mpg I wanted to know if this service actually helps the fuel economy. It was about $250 at the Toyota dealer but I prefer Lexus since Toyota had really really really bad service. (My friend & I waited for about 6 hours for an alignment) Any noticeable increase in gas mileage would be enough to shove me in that direction.
Old 05-16-07, 08:52 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rayy
I did a search but didn't find anything related to getting a fuel injector service. Maybe my searching skills aren't so good.

My question is has anyone done a Fuel Injector System Service at a Lexus dealer or Toyota dealer? I was at Toyota of Bay Ridge a month ago with a friend that had to get an alignment and I saw a chart for Fuel Injector Service. I was thinking that the previous owner of my car didn't do it since I'm getting worse mileage compared to everyone else. 12-15mpg I wanted to know if this service actually helps the fuel economy. It was about $250 at the Toyota dealer but I prefer Lexus since Toyota had really really really bad service. (My friend & I waited for about 6 hours for an alignment) Any noticeable increase in gas mileage would be enough to shove me in that direction.

Can't really answer your fuel injector question but can give you advice to NEVER ever ever go back to Bay Ridge Lexus unless you break down right in front of them and even then I'd tell you to think again. (FYI, Lexus of Manhattan and Lexus of Qns along with Bay Ridge all have the same owner) lol Come over to the NELOC section of the forum and introduce yourself. We have an alignment shop in Qns that will align your car for $45 for future reference..
Old 05-16-07, 08:59 AM
rayy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Can't really answer your fuel injector question but can give you advice to NEVER ever ever go back to Bay Ridge Lexus unless you break down right in front of them and even then I'd tell you to think again. (FYI, Lexus of Manhattan and Lexus of Qns along with Bay Ridge all have the same owner) lol Come over to the NELOC section of the forum and introduce yourself. We have an alignment shop in Qns that will align your car for $45 for future reference..
Funny because Vlad(Spyder78) told me the same thing about Bay Ridge Lexus. I dont need an alignment though. It was for my friend's Camry. haha
Old 05-16-07, 09:21 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Funny because Vlad(Spyder78) told me the same thing about Bay Ridge Lexus. I dont need an alignment though. It was for my friend's Camry. haha

You'll find most of us have the same opinion about them, if you must visit a dealer in the city, try the Qns location only because it's still pretty new so the techs there haven't gotten bored with their jobs yet and will at least attempt to take care of your car. We're setting up a meet for the 27th, come out and introduce yourself.
Old 05-16-07, 06:08 PM
rayy
Lead Lap

Can't anybody give me some advice on this topic? I dont want this thread to die off. I kind of need some advice.
Old 05-16-07, 07:30 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Rayy.. To answer your question, yes a professional fuel injection service will improve your fuel economy, as well as performance benefits more so than the bottle stuff.. My guy uses this system..This will answer your questions.. http://www.run-rite.com/industry/products01.htm I have a place for you to get your fuel injection service done. It will be significantly less than Lexus.. Under 100 bucks ... Vlad(Spyder78) had his car serviced there along with many other members.. Here is one of many meets I organized with fellow Neloc members for such services with testimonials pics and one vid.. If you are interested let me know..https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=amsoil+meet
Old 05-16-07, 09:45 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

^^^ listen to this man Ray. Sean know his amsoil. LOL. Nah bro but the shop that he took us to is really good and they do everything that has to do with oil and cleaning. The fuel injector cleaning that they offer is top notch. I didnt have my injectors cleaned but I probably will in a couple of month but I did have my tranny, diff, and power steering done and let me tell you that I am a happy camper.
Old 05-17-07, 05:54 AM
rayy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Hey Rayy.. To answer your question, yes a professional fuel injection service will improve your fuel economy, as well as performance benefits more so than the bottle stuff.. My guy uses this system..This will answer your questions.. http://www.run-rite.com/industry/products01.htm I have a place for you to get your fuel injection service done. It will be significantly less than Lexus.. Under 100 bucks ... Vlad(Spyder78) had his car serviced there along with many other members.. Here is one of many meets I organized with fellow Neloc members for such services with testimonials pics and one vid.. If you are interested let me know..https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=amsoil+meet
Aww man... If only I saw this thread back when you guys went. I'm 6 months late!! So when is the next time that you're setting this thing up?
Old 05-17-07, 10:01 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Aww man... If only I saw this thread back when you guys went. I'm 6 months late!! So when is the next time that you're setting this thing up?
Your not too late .. You can get this done when you are ready...No Neloc meet required... The shop is even open on Sunday's. I am 10 minutes away from the shop if you want to have a two car meet lol.
Old 05-17-07, 10:28 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

How does that kit work? DO you take out the fuel injectors and clean them individually?
Old 05-17-07, 10:53 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmf2004
How does that kit work? DO you take out the fuel injectors and clean them individually?
Removal of the injectors is not required for this service. Detergent one is placed in a metal canister with a long tube The tube is then connected to a vacuum line with the car running.. (Think hospital I.V). The car will run on this detergent for 35 minutes to thoroughly remove carbon buildup from injectors, valves and the combustion chamber. Once complete, detergent two is poured into the gas tank.. Detergent 3 (your choice) is then poured into your oil crankcase.. I pass on 3 as I am running synthetic.

Improves Fuel Economy
Reduces Emissions
Restores Lost Power
& Performance
Improves Drivability
Available in both 3 and 4 step kits, the Run-Rite formula is proven to remove carbon buildup from injectors, valves and combustion chambers. It loosens and removes gums, coking, dirt and deposits from the engine to provide better performance and fuel economy in modern engines and fuel systems.
http://www.run-rite.com/industry/products01a.htm

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 05-17-07 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-17-07, 03:13 PM
rayy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Your not too late .. You can get this done when you are ready...No Neloc meet required... The shop is even open on Sunday's. I am 10 minutes away from the shop if you want to have a two car meet lol.
But I thought that the more cars that are there for service, the cheaper the price. If it's just me, the price isn't going to be so great. Right?
Old 05-17-07, 04:14 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

But I thought that the more cars that are there for service, the cheaper the price. If it's just me, the price isn't going to be so great. Right?
That is for Amsoil, not a fuel injection cleaning..
Old 05-19-07, 07:10 AM
rayy
Lead Lap

I'm free on the May 24, 29, 30 & 31. So whichever day is best for you, let me know.
Old 05-21-07, 01:25 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

hi I live in the whitestone, queens area and I'm interested to get my fuel injectors cleaned also. can I tag along? I drive a 2001 gs3 just hit me up with a day and time

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Service