GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anyone know about the IMC kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-01, 09:36 PM
Professor Green
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know about the IMC kit?

Is it of good quality? Is it a knock-off, or the real thing? If a knock-off, what is the real kit? What would be a ballpark figure of how much should i expect to pay (for the kit and installation)? I have never had a kit installed, so i have no clue. Where should I buy? I have only seen 1 car with the kit in the gallery, but hopefully someone here should know about it since you are all so knowledgeable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
Professor Green

P.S. This is my first thread, but i have been lurking around for quit awhile. Top quality site for top quality cars. Mad props to the people that run it and use it.
Old 12-08-01, 11:54 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anyone know about the IMC kit?

It's pretty good quality. not a knock-off. Original design, and there are no knock-offs of it. Ball park figure...... front/sides/rear 4-piece could cost anywhere from 3.5k ~ 4k. Over fender kit and front grill are each around 700~800. IMC is one of the most expensive kits out there for the GS.

Someone on ClubLexus had it but unfortunately he doesn't visit anymore.

Originally posted by Professor Green
Is it of good quality? Is it a knock-off, or the real thing? If a knock-off, what is the real kit? What would be a ballpark figure of how much should i expect to pay (for the kit and installation)? I have never had a kit installed, so i have no clue. Where should I buy? I have only seen 1 car with the kit in the gallery, but hopefully someone here should know about it since you are all so knowledgeable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
Professor Green

P.S. This is my first thread, but i have been lurking around for quit awhile. Top quality site for top quality cars. Mad props to the people that run it and use it.
Old 12-09-01, 12:06 AM
marky
Driver School Candidate

Default Replica Kit

hey Green, IMC kit was the kit I always want it. The real kit is indeed expensive and the replica kit was about 1250 shipped by Dave from gtautosports. However, I was unable to contact Dave after I got the price from him.
Old 12-09-01, 12:13 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Replica Kit

Originally posted by marky
hey Green, IMC kit was the kit I always want it. The real kit is indeed expensive and the replica kit was about 1250 shipped by Dave from gtautosports. However, I was unable to contact Dave after I got the price from him.
Don't worry that happens all the time. Usually if you can get a hold of Dave for once that's probably the last time you will.

But keep on trying if you wish.
Old 12-09-01, 02:49 PM
bLingIn3o0
Pole Position

Some one in CLub Lexus has this Kit already it a BLack GS400...
Old 12-09-01, 11:35 PM
marky
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up IMC with SSR wheel

Check this baby out.... This is the IMC kit.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone know about the IMC kit?-ssr-nice.jpg  
Old 12-10-01, 02:44 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

the IMC kit looks great indeed with the fender setup. However I believe the kit will only look good with IMC hood and grill, because the IMC front bumper sticks out a lot. Most importantly, these wheels you seen in the picture is 19x10 and 19x 11 setup, without that fat wheels the kit sticks out pretty crazy.

Basically it is a fine kit, but it is quite some works to make it really looks great as in the picture.

if you like the agressiveness of this kit, perhaps you would like to check out Egoist kit. one of the most expansive kit like IMC = )
Old 12-11-01, 05:32 PM
Professor Green
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to everyone for all the responses. Here is what i have planned (cosmetic) : All black GS 430 with IMC kit, Veilside hood, and Veilside/Andrew Racing Dish's powder coated black with the polished lip, but i still can't find a wing i like. Thinking of maybe one of the 3-piece flat style ones. Although now i am not sure about the rims because the ones on the pic posted look perfect being 19's and the Veilsides only come in 18's. What do you think? Any suggestions on wheels or a wing?
Old 12-11-01, 05:54 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Professor Green
Thanks to everyone for all the responses. Here is what i have planned (cosmetic) : All black GS 430 with IMC kit, Veilside hood, and Veilside/Andrew Racing Dish's powder coated black with the polished lip, but i still can't find a wing i like. Thinking of maybe one of the 3-piece flat style ones. Although now i am not sure about the rims because the ones on the pic posted look perfect being 19's and the Veilsides only come in 18's. What do you think? Any suggestions on wheels or a wing?
IMC kit looks best with IMC hood because the IMC hood extends longer to look right with the IMC front bumper.

Andrew Racing Dish powder coated black is not a good idea IMO. Spoke wheels in black usually turn out too dark. It's called DISH but I think it's more like spoke.

With IMC's fenders you're probably better off with 19s. Choose another 19inch rim with some fat lip. Andrew Racing DISH will look small with the IMC kit and fenders.
Old 12-12-01, 05:37 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

I agree, you should do 19's...here's Andrew Racing/Veilsides new 19" GOLT DISH...personally, I think black wheels with HIGH POLISHED LIPS (like the GOLT) look dope as hell...I have been contemplating doing something like this but I need 20's...

http://www.veilsidejpn.com/goltier/andrewgolt.htm

That lip almost gives me a woody....
Old 12-12-01, 06:37 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That lip almost gives me a woody....
LOL, that wheel does look good!!!!!
Old 12-12-01, 07:18 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Professor,

When your ready give me a PM or call, I can help you obtain the IMC kit and various Veilside parts.
Old 06-02-05, 06:07 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This kit looks pretty good would like to see it on a different car though?
Old 06-02-05, 06:35 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

man i love the imc kit its just that those fender flairs u need wider wheels
Old 06-02-05, 09:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ask jon about it, his friend almost got it and from what jon told me, the kits don't look as good