GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I got robbed (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-07, 08:26 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
isnt it a public record?

I know of a guy who got his F150 Lightening hit, person fled the scene, and he got her license plate number and some kid on a local forum pulled up her information including age, address, and even insurance policy number.
No it is not public record as DMV records contain DOB, addresses, and other privileged information. One who obtains another individuals dmv records on their own for use other than those outlined in the Federal Drivers Privacy Act (DPPA) can get into serious trouble.. Two wrongs don't make a right.. Let law enforcement handle the apprehension aspect, then seek civil remedy, if necessary, for damages incurred.
Old 05-24-07, 08:37 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OUCHHH!!!, That hurts to see, Atleast you were quick enough to get in the car and get some info on him!
Old 05-24-07, 08:58 AM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
I have an idea. Rarely do victims of theft and property damage get a glimpse of a perp's plate, let alone a whole plate number.

Lets put out heads together and help out our Lexus kin.

Lexmenow, why don't you just post the license plate number on this thread, and I'm sure someone will come up with some type of useful info that will give you a lead.

Avoid the MAN altogether. That will just bring you heat. DMV included. And I doubt the pigs will give you any info anways, just in case they figure your planning for a lil, shall we say, "payback"...

Lets faciliate the Karma process a lil bit!
So... you're suggesting that the receiver of the boulder through his car window post the owner of the boulder/thief's tag number. So one of us on this forum somehow illegally obtain the thief's personal information and then after we obtain that information, take the law into our own hands and seek revenge? After we do this, the tag number and our "foolproof" plan to exact revenge is all of the web for anyone to see? Where do I sign up?

I just read your post again... you watch too much TV.. "the MAN", "bring you heat", "the pigs", "payback"...
Old 05-24-07, 09:20 AM
olddog
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hey

Originally Posted by Chin
So... you're suggesting that the receiver of the boulder through his car window post the owner of the boulder/thief's tag number. So one of us on this forum somehow illegally obtain the thief's personal information and then after we obtain that information, take the law into our own hands and seek revenge? After we do this, the tag number and our "foolproof" plan to exact revenge is all of the web for anyone to see? Where do I sign up?

I just read your post again... you watch too much TV.. "the MAN", "bring you heat", "the pigs", "payback"...
I agree, way too much t.v.....
Me personally, if i had caught with the guy, then he better get ready for the beatdown of his life or get ready to beat me down. But if you got his plates, let the law take care of it.
There is no point causing extra trouble for yourself.
If you come across him somewhere else after all is resolved, now thats a different case
Old 05-24-07, 10:32 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Note to self !

I kinda leavin things out without though sometimes .. this is a reminder and I hope that a$$ gets caught ... Karma is bad and I hope that you gave the plate number to the cops .... if anything have the license number and type of car and maybe anyone in the area can help find him ...

good luck and hope you get all the glass out and have no other issues
Old 05-24-07, 10:44 AM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

It sucks but yea, purse left in car is ASKING FOR BROKEN WINDOWS! Thats what pops would always say (not that I have a purse) but dont leave valuables in clear view. Bet she wont leave it in there anymore.
Even when you don't leave anything in your car this happens:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232904

Last edited by DzaztrBUSE; 05-24-07 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-24-07, 11:01 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chin

What makes you think I acquired my vocabulary from television
Old 05-24-07, 01:41 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Update on page one.