GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

DIY: Fuel System Upgrade *Fuel Return Line*

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-09, 05:02 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

SRT has a newer and better design that accomodated 2 pump right out of the box. I built my own but then again I have access to a CNC machine and full machine shop. Good to have friends
Old 05-05-09, 08:46 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes it is thats all i need a cnc machine it would be on there wouldn't be much on my car that wasn't custom made
Old 05-05-09, 08:48 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

sorry about that didn't read before i sent it i mean i would try to make as many pieces out of aluminum so i could polish them pretty lol
Old 05-05-09, 08:51 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

what did you do for that line though i have some ideas but not sure just would like some confirmation
Old 05-05-09, 10:37 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tom steele
what did you do for that line though i have some ideas but not sure just would like some confirmation
what line are you talking about?
The fuel line from the other of the tank that connects to the siphon and the return line,
Or the small line that attaches from the pump to the outlet of the holder?
Old 05-05-09, 10:39 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
SRT has a newer and better design that accomodated 2 pump right out of the box. I built my own but then again I have access to a CNC machine and full machine shop. Good to have friends
SRT may be newer and better design, but has anyone tried to see if the bolt holes line up on the GS? If not, it woudl be a hell of a lot of wasted money to make more holes in the billet lid.

Must be nice to have friends with a full machine shop. I could definitely use that so I could make a custom intake/feed pipe for cold air for my turbos.
Old 05-05-09, 11:22 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HI98GS
SRT may be newer and better design, but has anyone tried to see if the bolt holes line up on the GS? If not, it woudl be a hell of a lot of wasted money to make more holes in the billet lid.

Must be nice to have friends with a full machine shop. I could definitely use that so I could make a custom intake/feed pipe for cold air for my turbos.
I believe that the IS and GS share the same fuel hanger design. So it SHOULD fit, BUT it's still best to ask SRT to verify first before you buy though.

Yeah, they helped me machine the tops and bracket, but I welded it together myself. I have my own TIG welder at home. If you were local to me, I could help you fab up the cold air pipes. I just helped my friend yesterday custom fab up his whole custom intercooler setup on his 1JZ swapped SC. I'm actually planning to fab up a twin turbo setup myself...should be interesting
Old 05-06-09, 12:33 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
I believe that the IS and GS share the same fuel hanger design. So it SHOULD fit, BUT it's still best to ask SRT to verify first before you buy though.

Yeah, they helped me machine the tops and bracket, but I welded it together myself. I have my own TIG welder at home. If you were local to me, I could help you fab up the cold air pipes. I just helped my friend yesterday custom fab up his whole custom intercooler setup on his 1JZ swapped SC. I'm actually planning to fab up a twin turbo setup myself...should be interesting
Man, you are gonna make me wanna get another GS just so I can build a 1jz and see if I can make it as much a beast as your car. Then I can be in the same league as ya! haha. All I got is one GS with 2 small snails.............wait getting new snails!! Custom Garrett GT ball bearing. The only problem is gotta wait as they machine out the housing. Unfortunately it's not off the shelf stuff. Wanna buy my old snails? cheap!!
Old 05-06-09, 11:12 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by HI98GS
All I got is one GS with 2 small snails.............
yeah but its a v8 with 2 small snails...i would kill for one or two on my v8

props to you 2 guys....ricky and jeff you raise the bars way up there for the gs300 and gs400/gs430 forced induction crowd and you do it VERY VERY nicely instead of just fabbin up some fugly stuff you take the time/money/effort to build some clean gs's
Old 05-07-09, 10:35 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

i was talking the line that goes up front i think to the stock fuel regulator read the intake vacuum has a sensor i take a pic tomorrow need to get this finished
Old 05-07-09, 10:43 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

damn didn't read that one thru makes no sense anyway ill take a couple pics tomorrow i am starting to think i need two pumps as well might as well do it right the first time and did you combine the two together for one feed or two separate feeds sorry guys just picking your brain before i remake my pick up also what did you to for the siphon for the other half of the tank do like srt and use the return with a 90 in it to create a siphon by the way thanks for your help guys
The following users liked this post:
ChampGS3 (05-04-23)
Old 05-07-09, 11:01 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Use two pumps with separate feeds.
Old 05-08-09, 02:50 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

Jeff I love this thread thanks so much, its going to help me in the next few weeks!!
Old 05-08-09, 09:22 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

I used 2 pumps (-6 line)then "y" them together outside the tank to (-8 line) then "Y" back (-6 line) before the rails. that way I ensure that both rails are always getting fuel and pressure is truly equal even if one pump fails.

I know some may say that as long as there is a single fuel pressure regualator controlling both rails, the fuel will get to both, but I just wanna be extra sure.
Old 05-12-09, 11:50 PM
GTE_SC3
Pole Position

Hey, were did you get the connector to run the new power lines in to the tank. I have been looking around an the way i did it, is prob not the safest.

Also with that style of plug lets say it mounted like it is, there is no way that gas can seep through it is there.

Quick Reply: DIY: Fuel System Upgrade *Fuel Return Line*