GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My friend got killed..suspect driving 2nd gen GS

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-07, 07:20 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any updates since the incident?
Old 07-26-07, 07:36 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope nothing yet. still on the lose. There was another car jack killing in compton last night. I saw it on the news. terrible...
Old 07-26-07, 08:55 AM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

sucks man....
dont worry tho.
life eventually catches up to you.
Old 07-26-07, 09:47 AM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man thats crazy! i drive around LB, compton, gardena, inglewood area visiting patients all day long... im already concerned about my car not being there when i come out, but now i gotta worry about getting jacked while im in it!!! Hopefully i stay under of the radar from these thiefs... this is one of those moments where im kinda happy my car is nothing special.
Old 07-26-07, 12:09 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kilo6_one
Hmmmmmmmmm compton, people from compton commiting felony murder. Does not suprise me one bit, anyone else see a sad but obvious trend?
Probably THE most ridiculous comment I've ever read on these forums. For far too many reasons.

I see several "sad but obvious" trends. Generalizations, stereotyping, unwarranted attacks, etc. One person goes so far as to do a MySpace search and then post the links to people's pages here without any knowledge whatsoever that any of these people have anything to do with the crime being discussed. Then you have other people deciding to comment on these individuals and their supposed life. A poster even wrote "as stupid as they look"...umm, when was a picture of the thief/murderer posted?? Exactly.

Someone lost their life over a senseless act of violence involving a car, don't let that event be your excuse to spew generalizations about an area you only hear about on tv and in certain rap songs. If you've never been to Compton then please don't attempt to generalize ALL the citizens of that particular city.

Robert Blake, Alejandro Avila, Scott Peterson, John Couey, Seung-Hui Cho, and many others like them were not residents of Compton. There are vile elements among citizens of ALL neighborhoods.
Old 07-26-07, 05:27 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

mikeloc24 is rite, stereotypes r terrible things. just because u live in a bad area doesnt mean ur a bad person. some of those ppl r hard working ppl who just want to get out to get a better liifestyle. but at the same time, those ppl who are hardworking are over shadowed by those who do commit bad acts ,this is why when ppl think compton, they think african americans, drugs, and crime. i am sorry that ur friend was killed over something as sensless as a car but at the same time im telling ppl to think before they say something. if i reliaze this at such a young age. everyone else should because to say that just because ur from an area, that ur a bad person is absolutely ignorant. agian, im sorry for ur loss and hope the suspects get wat they deserve
Old 07-30-07, 06:48 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Probably THE most ridiculous comment I've ever read on these forums. For far too many reasons.

I see several "sad but obvious" trends. Generalizations, stereotyping, unwarranted attacks, etc. One person goes so far as to do a MySpace search and then post the links to people's pages here without any knowledge whatsoever that any of these people have anything to do with the crime being discussed. Then you have other people deciding to comment on these individuals and their supposed life. A poster even wrote "as stupid as they look"...umm, when was a picture of the thief/murderer posted?? Exactly.

Someone lost their life over a senseless act of violence involving a car, don't let that event be your excuse to spew generalizations about an area you only hear about on tv and in certain rap songs. If you've never been to Compton then please don't attempt to generalize ALL the citizens of that particular city.

Robert Blake, Alejandro Avila, Scott Peterson, John Couey, Seung-Hui Cho, and many others like them were not residents of Compton. There are vile elements among citizens of ALL neighborhoods.
People in Compton committing murder a "generalization" or "stereotype"?

Sadly a reality as it was just rated the most dangerous city in the U.S. for its population total......4th most dangerous overall.

I would call that a trend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compton,_California#Crime

Of course there are law-abiding and upstanding citizens in every city, but please don't marginalize the fact that Compton has a homicide rate 8X higher than the national average. I do agree that the Myspace search and comments are ridiculous.

As a person who has also lost a close friend due to a fatal carjacking, I am strong advocate of the death penalty for murderous gang members.

Please keep us updated on your friends case and if these criminals are caught.

Last edited by slowdiver; 07-30-07 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-30-07, 07:24 PM
cpone
There can only be One

WOW sorry to hear about this so late. My prayers go out to your friends family. Damn can't even enjoy your ride these days without some A--holes trying to jack you.
Old 07-30-07, 08:44 PM
speedie
Pole Position

My prayers are with your friend's family. Justice will be served for this heartless crime.
Old 07-30-07, 08:53 PM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

My prayers are out with you and your friend's family. Really sorry to hear something so devistating. I'm sure it's not an easy thing to let go. Don't worry man, do whatever you can for the family, don't let them feel his loss. Again very sorry about your loss.

Imran
Old 07-30-07, 09:00 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by cpone
WOW sorry to hear about this so late.
+1, My condolensces to your friend's family
Old 07-31-07, 01:43 PM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikeloc24

I'm not here to be politically correct. Stereotypes and generalizations all originated from somewhere, some more extreme than others. My myspace search was just that - a search. Name of the suspect search within 5 miles of Compton's zip. The results looked like scum whether they're the actual murderer or not.
Old 07-31-07, 06:08 PM
wrxgs
Driver

sorry to hear man...i hate hearing things like this happening to good people.
Old 07-31-07, 06:40 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gapxguy
I'm not here to be politically correct. Stereotypes and generalizations all originated from somewhere, some more extreme than others. My myspace search was just that - a search. Name of the suspect search within 5 miles of Compton's zip. The results looked like scum whether they're the actual murderer or not.
Any word from the police yet; are these PUNKS still on the run or are they getting run up on in jail? In regards to the webpages correction,"MySpace', I saw the first clowns webpage, IDIOT-DUMB AZZ!!! These days or any day, when you're dumb and ignorant you do stupid things. I wouldn't be suprised if this is the guy. Did you listen to the music he chose to play on the site, and the pics?!

If this is not the guy, he needs a BEATEN anyway.Maybe that's the problem to begin with,no disapline in the home.
Old 07-31-07, 06:46 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

This is just too sad... The state of the world is just too sad.

My condolences to everyone who is affected by this senseless act.

Quick Reply: My friend got killed..suspect driving 2nd gen GS