GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My friend got killed..suspect driving 2nd gen GS

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-07, 08:10 AM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn so sorry to hear about this I just wanted to give my condolences.
Old 08-01-07, 12:05 PM
Typhe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my condolences to you and your friend's girlfriend and family/friends. this was a very sad story
Old 08-02-07, 12:54 AM
jaja
Pole Position

did they every catch this guy?
Old 08-02-07, 12:12 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My condolences to both families.

The world we live in
Old 08-02-07, 03:36 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowdiver
People in Compton committing murder a "generalization" or "stereotype"?
That is not what I said. I said do not generalize all citizens of that city. I was very clear on that. The post I replied to was a clear generalization.

Originally Posted by slowdiver
Sadly a reality as it was just rated the most dangerous city in the U.S. for its population total......4th most dangerous overall.

I would call that a trend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compton,_California#Crime
Wikipedia is hardly a source of reliable information, as I'm sure you're aware. I'm not going to pitter-pat around the issue with you, the poster made a broad generalization and stereotyped an ENTIRE city. The way he wrote it, if you mentioned you were from Compton in his precence he'd turn tail and run for dear life, because obviously, "all people from Compton are big bad murderers and gangsters." There's no kids there, no families, no upstanding men...only thugs and parasites...according to some. Which is wrong.

Is everyone in Baghdad "bad" as well? What about Kabul? Here's one...what about Gaza? Are they bad or good? There's more murders there than in Compton you know. A city can be #1 on the earth in terms of a murder rate, that STILL does not equate to ALL citizens of that area being murderers. That's my point.

There are actually people who live in Compton who are not murderers, car-jackers, drug dealers, etc.

I do not subscribe to generalizations, stereotypes, or any of that idiocy. I have met good people of all races and from all sorts of places, some of the worst imaginable, some of the best imaginable. A guy I train with is from war-torn Liberia...REAL killings going on there. Mass murders. Women, children, whoever...he came out of that area, and he's one of the nicest and most genuine people I know. If I was like some individuals on this board I probably would have stereotyped him as a killer of women/kids, a rebel, a soldier, or simply an outright murderer just because he told me he was from Liberia. How foolish...

That being said, I hope the actual murderer is caught and dealt with swiftly. I have no intrest in being a part of a mob simply looking to bash blacks in general from Compton.

Originally Posted by gapxguy
I'm not here to be politically correct. Stereotypes and generalizations all originated from somewhere, some more extreme than others. My myspace search was just that - a search. Name of the suspect search within 5 miles of Compton's zip. The results looked like scum whether they're the actual murderer or not.
Stereotypes originate from small minds and a fear of the unknown. Your MS search was pointless, surely you see that.

Everyone always has an opinion of people they feel are beneath them, whether those feelings are valid or not. I wonder what people would say about you and your life if they could peer in randomly and comment on it?

Last edited by mikeloc24; 08-02-07 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-02-07, 06:55 PM
h0t SaUc3
Rookie

mike got deep. Hes right though and sorry to hear about this tragic story.
Old 08-02-07, 08:02 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, so sorry for your tragedy. Any updates on finding the suspects?
Old 08-03-07, 07:33 AM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

None yet......the detectives think they ran to Mexico but not sure. I hope they find them soon.
Old 08-10-07, 12:06 AM
DonJuan45i
Lead Lap

any update on this?? man I read the whole story, very very tragic...this kind of stuff makes my blood boil...

Im just thinking, all this over some f%&king car parts, rediculous, i know karma will come back to bite their asses off

I know its been said plenty, but cant be said enough my sincere condolences go out to you, friends, and family
Old 08-10-07, 01:39 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

wow. this really hits home but fortunately i still have my brother. he was in the same area walking out to his car when a car rolled up and stopped. one of them gets out with a gun and demands his wallet and his gf's purse. they listen and had the items over...the guys turns around and acts like he was gonna shoot so my brother turned away. fortunately the guy didnt shoot and decided to hit him on the back of the head. he gets stitches and a couple days later they catch the guy driving around long beach still with my brother's wallet and his gf's purse.

i hope those cowards get caught.
Old 08-10-07, 12:16 PM
darchard
Driver

That is a truly awful story. God bless your friends.
Old 08-31-07, 02:42 AM
dino
Driver

no updates?
i hope they find 'em
Old 08-31-07, 03:43 PM
MurdaInc
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, how wack some ppl can be...Im sorry to hear about your loss.. what goes around comes around....My blessings to his family & friends...
Old 09-01-07, 12:05 AM
ontime_78
Rookie

Man that sucks, get the fawkers that did it.
Old 09-04-07, 09:39 PM
aristo808
Driver School Candidate

sorry for the loss.my sympathy goes out to the families

Quick Reply: My friend got killed..suspect driving 2nd gen GS