GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

***Our very own BLUELEX gets featured in Modified magazine...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-07, 02:06 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'm glad I finally saw this thread. I went to Barnes & Noble on Tuesday and actually sat and read the article at the store.

I have known Adrian ever since the Gettins /RMM kit / and TEINS. After the JP tails were added I pretty much saw the car as perfect and couldn't understand why he had so many other plans.

To truly understand and appreciate Adrians level of dedication you would have to be privy to the details of the black interior conversion. Through every agonizing step, he continously maintained a standard of top notch or nothing (even when it meant a 700.00 dollar black dash instead of a 100.00 black paint job). You guys have no idea how meticoulous this guy is, he has a color scheme for the ENTIRE car (down to the piping on the REAR armrest!). I won't even get started on the color coded display carpet, or the cost that thing!

I say all of this to say that I'm very proud of him attaining a goal he's been pursuing since 2003 which is a magazine feature. 4 years is a very long time and many people give up, or just loose interest in that time span, but he remained diligent The Lexus brand as a whole needs more exposure at this level of tasteful and comprehensive modification!

Way to go Adrian!!
Old 06-13-07, 02:17 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vborder
BIG UPs! Adrian.... Im proud of ya man and the car... The pictures are amazing.... The writers need to label it as Luxury Sport, not compact, our cars are no wayy comparable to a Honda Civic.
Yeah, I agree. Adrian, did they tell you why they chose Modified instead of L&E?
Strike that, I guess it doesn't really matter. You still made the big time. Ultimate congrats man.
Old 06-13-07, 02:58 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys again I trully appreciate the responses. Its not that I didn't have oppertunities prior its just that the timing was wrong over the last 2 years while I was changing and adding parts to the car. I didn't turn down features but I just couldn't do them in the time frame they wanted but it worked out in the end.

Reg-. It actually was suppose to be a Modified L&E feature but they later changed thier minds stating the car had a more tunerish look and feel inside and out with all the chrome in the engine.They really wanted to get the Swapped out engine and interior aspect of the car to more people who do those things as in the Reg Modified magazine followers as opposded to the big ballers with Porches and Benz' who aren't really looking into swapping motors you know what I mean?. I was just excited about getting print, it didn't matter what Mag it was.

Derrick- I do want to thank you as always cuz you were their many nights and days on the phone while i talked your ear off about these projects and how they were going. You Gave me many a great feedback over the years as I went through this transformation...

Did anyone get to read the article yet? Its a very interesting read. What were your thoughts if you did?
Old 06-13-07, 03:00 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well we are all proud of you
Old 06-13-07, 03:11 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongs
well we are all proud of you
Yes we are, Carbon, oh yes we are.

I feel very fortunate to not only know Derrick, but through Derrick, I met Adrian.

What a blessing it is to have met both of them. And having the rare occurrence of being able to pick Adrian's brain about his car back in Jersey at Stef's crib was priceless...which was during this incredible GS project. He said then he had some major mods in the wings and even gave me a sneak peak at what was to come, but who knew how well it would turn out?

As a result we have a wonderful magazine article about the car...so now I'm truly impressed with not only the car, but the person behind it.

Once these MD thunderstorms pass, I'm running out to buy the magazine forthwith.
Old 06-13-07, 04:23 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

From the first time I met you and your car I figured you were not stopping till it was over the top, and for some reason I think your not stopping any time soon. Congrats, and thank you for giving props to us at Grip it really means allot.You may as well add me to the "couldn't happen to a better guy" club.
Old 06-13-07, 06:13 PM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Congratulations Adrian, the car turned out gorgeous, i'll get that video posted up soon of our dyno day. Peace out brotha.
Old 06-13-07, 06:51 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats!! Thats one sick GS!!!
Old 06-13-07, 08:07 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope to see many more follow in the foot steps ! ... I bet if I seen this artical 2 years ago I would have seem the Gs back then .. It was out of my pocket books ... but Now everyone can appreciate your car as much as you do ...

Excellent project and worth reading !!
Old 06-14-07, 02:49 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats bro! very well deserved... seeing your car featured makes us all proud of being 2nd gen GS enthusiasts
Old 06-14-07, 03:22 AM
SP GS
Driver

Adrian,

Congrats on the feature. I sign on here every once and a while and came across this thread. Im bummed you didnt jump on my blitz tt kit sooner, but I am sure you will get bigger twins one day. I got some 20" Hre's if you are interested or know anyone 20x9 front 20x10.5 rear. What front bumper are you running? Anyway take care of yourself...
Ryan
Old 06-14-07, 05:08 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

well what can i say that everyone else has not yet stated

outstanding achievement for a well desrved work of art by a true gentleman in all definitions of the word
Old 06-14-07, 06:25 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Kev, Ed- I apprecite the words guys....Its been a fun ride over the years with some ups and downs but its still fun so I continue..

Rob- You know this wouldn't have happen had I not found you guys at Grip. I just want to thank you guys cuz you deal with my calls every other day even if you don't have my car. I know I change my mind a lot but the way you sit me down like a 5 year old to truly explain things to a "noob to boost" guy like me is really appreciated. You guys have lit the fire in me to go faster everytime we speak... I'll be ordering the AEM around the begining of July so here we go again...

Matt- Many thanx to you man, you directed me to Grip Industries many years ago.

Rye-I'm sad I responded late for the twins aswell. Those kits don't pop up too often but I'll figure it out.

Emerald-Thanx, your feature in Jan o6 Modified really let me know that a car with go and show could mix well and be publically loved at thw shows and magazines. You inspired me..Thnk you.

Cody- Thanx as always man. CL is where it started for me, so props to the CL family had to be given.
Old 06-14-07, 05:47 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats, I always loveD (notice the capital D meaning past tense) how your car popped. I'm only messin with ya. Great pics.
Old 06-14-07, 06:47 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats A

Quick Reply: ***Our very own BLUELEX gets featured in Modified magazine...