GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

has any1 seen this gs b4

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-07 | 08:56 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

The real question is, does he have the right wheel fitment?
Old 06-13-07 | 08:58 AM
chrispy

It went widebody but the wheels stayed the same. As a show car, it would be better off being red.
Old 06-13-07 | 09:02 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
now thats funny
Old 06-13-07 | 09:39 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

I liked it better red! LOL.... I think it's funny though how last year most people said oh the red is just horrible now it has been painted and people are saying it was better red. He probably is still working on his new scheme and I am sure that Paul will tie it all together. So much for my widebody idea.
Old 06-13-07 | 09:47 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

I actually think it looked better red.. If it was still red i would change the headlights to a darker inside rather than the red.. Not felling the white but to each his own..
Old 06-13-07 | 10:47 AM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
I was just going to say the same thing. He was pushin it with the wheels he had when the car was red, now with the widebody its time to upgrade. Also, wish he would have chosen a more custom color. White on that car looks too blah.
Old 06-13-07 | 10:55 AM
HKN
Lead Lap

i like it better in red...clean without the widebody but still nice car
Old 06-13-07 | 11:04 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 100000

Originally Posted by Automan
I liked it better red! LOL.... I think it's funny though how last year most people said oh the red is just horrible now it has been painted and people are saying it was better red. He probably is still working on his new scheme and I am sure that Paul will tie it all together. So much for my widebody idea.

GOD forbid someone does something different, lol

Remember, this is a SHOW car and not likely to be judged by a Lexus purist. What we be the point of making subtle changes to blend in at a car show? You have to see the car in person to appreciate it. Unless you can line your car up to his at the type of car show he enters and win (lol, not you Automan, you probably can), it's probably best to defer to him as the 'expert' on what needs to be done to his car to serve its purpose.
Old 06-13-07 | 11:08 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

The red headlights do not go with the white paint scheme. It looks out of place.
Old 06-13-07 | 11:23 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
GOD forbid someone does something different, lol

Remember, this is a SHOW car and not likely to be judged by a Lexus purist. What we be the point of making subtle changes to blend in at a car show? You have to see the car in person to appreciate it. Unless you can line your car up to his at the type of car show he enters and win (lol, not you Automan, you probably can), it's probably best to defer to him as the 'expert' on what needs to be done to his car to serve its purpose.
Actually he was at HIN DC last year and I got a chance to meet him. He is a really nice guy and modest too. LOL.... Even though our cars are viewed in the same light with our radical mods and such there really is no comparing my car to his. It's not even close on the judging cards and it shouldn't be. He has addressed every possible area that he can gain points in and it shows because he wins every time. Even a top notch show car like Adrian's would have a hard time beating him at a show. I'm not even going to try to catch him unless I win the lottery. Props to Paul for putting together a great "show" car.
Old 06-13-07 | 12:56 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Automan
Actually he was at HIN DC last year and I got a chance to meet him. He is a really nice guy and modest too. LOL.... Even though our cars are viewed in the same light with our radical mods and such there really is no comparing my car to his. It's not even close on the judging cards and it shouldn't be. He has addressed every possible area that he can gain points in and it shows because he wins every time. Even a top notch show car like Adrian's would have a hard time beating him at a show. I'm not even going to try to catch him unless I win the lottery. Props to Paul for putting together a great "show" car.
Automan is right, he's going to win at most shows. I met him recently at the show in PA, where Papi took those pictures.

VERY nice guy, and an avid CL lurker.

He took the time to show me the whole car, and all the finer details. The car is absolutely bananas...

And that paint is not white, it's one of those paint jobs that change color with various lighting. The paint job was incredible. Pictures could never do it justice. And the custom wide body, with ALL custom body parts, looks much better in person.

And he actually drives that thing around in Ohio, where he's from. I'm sure people constantly follow him around and stop him and ask questions.

The car is all 'show car' for sure.

I love BlueLex's car too (sans those yellow wheels ), but Paul Tolson's GS has way too many modified parts to compete against. Automan is correct, Paul's car will win 9 times out of 10.
Old 06-13-07 | 02:04 PM
sleeper408

I must commend him on the work and money put into the car. The new paint doesn't look bad, but why the red headlights still? The widebody in the rear would look better if the chrome strip was removed and filled in.
Old 06-13-07 | 02:16 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Hes definately got alot of money into the car. Not sure if it all went to the right places. Those that have seen the widebody on the actual car, are the wheels flush with the fenders? The only thing I really dont understand is the red headlights, I absolutely hate them. Im sure it gets a ton of attention though for a show car
Old 06-13-07 | 02:42 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Just for all you guy's out there I know Paul on a personal level and the guy's built his car to show it and that's what he does best. He has new wheels being built as we speak and let me tell you they are wild Not to mention that Paul would help anyone in a heartbeat. Paul keep doing what you do best WIN Good luck this whole show season
Old 06-13-07 | 03:10 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

It looked better Red.

Quick Reply: has any1 seen this gs b4