GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

RMM grill owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-07, 08:46 PM
Insedanity
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
OK, I checked again and the emblem is an exact fit.
Here are pictures for reference:
Thanks for the pics, that looks good

Below are the emblems that I got. The red one is the one that Carson/RMM sent me. The yellow one is the one that I purchased to fit better, although it is still too big. The trunk emblem that everyone else got should be coming into my dealer tomorrow.

This emblem is 1/4" to 3/8" bigger than the correct one. That would've looked TERRIBLE!

Back of emblem to show the mounting posts.

I didn't get a real good impression of Carson Toyota through this experience. This is my first time ordering from them. I bought this through the whatever-you-want GB. First, they didn't respond to my post in that thread to let me know how the price, even though I posted again stating that I hadn't got a price PM'd yet. Finally, after a month of waiting, I called them directly and they gave me the price; a whole $11 off the spoiler and $8 off the grill. Yeah, that month of waiting was really worth $19 And now this. If it wasn't for you guys, I just would've assumed that this that emblem was the one you use, and that was all there is to it. Notice the posts on the back of the emblem, I would of had the shop drill the grill to accomodate those posts. Then, once I finally got fed up with the oversized emblem and removed/replaced it, I would've been stuck with 4 holes in my grill

I'll have to call them tomorrow and see if they'll refund/credit me for the cost of the additional emblem. I'll update this thread with their response.
Old 06-24-07, 09:58 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you talked to Luis or SupraTRD? If I recall correctly my emblem was in the red backing but without the pegs. You should contact them, im sure they will resolve your emblem issue.
Old 06-24-07, 10:15 PM
Insedanity
Pole Position

Nah, I'll call tomorrow. In their defense, they could of just gotten a sealed box from RMM and them passed it on without checking the contents.

I know that place is well-respected on here with a solid track record of positive transactions, so I would think they'll handle this well.
Old 06-25-07, 12:56 PM
Insedanity
Pole Position

As I suspected, the package was sent from RMM and that emblem was included with it there. Because I'm running to get this done, I had to purchase another emblem before I spoke with the folks at Carson. However, Luis is still sending me the correct emblem as a spare. I'll be doing bidness with them again in the future because they handled this well

I'll be taking the car up the body shop on Friday to get everything mounted
Old 02-02-08, 12:06 PM
Insedanity
Pole Position

Update: SEVEN months and several phone calls later, I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE CORRECT EMBLEM!!!!!!!!!!! Hell, they haven't sent me an emblem at all, let alone the correct one. Every time I call they just give me lip service. After being on hold for 15 minutes (Today it was literally 16+ minutes), it usually goes like this:

Me: Hi, I ordered a RMM grill back in June and you guys sent me an emblem that was way too big for the grill. Can you please send me the correct one?

Carson: Okay, let me get your name and check the computer to see what's going on. O.K., here it is in the computer, it says we sent it out, you haven't gotten it yet?

Me: No, I haven't. And it's been entirely too long.

Carson: Oh, I'm sorry. Let me put a call into Rod Millen and we'll get it sent out. Let me get your address.

Me: Okay, here's my address: 123 XXXXX, United States. Thank you.

And then it never comes.

This kind of customer service is unacceptable. It's clear that the only customer service that Carson Toyota is interested in is pre-sale. Once they got my money, customer service was a thing of the past. I will no longer do business with them, this is unexcusable. 7 MONTHS!!!!
Old 02-02-08, 12:18 PM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Insedanity

This kind of customer service is unacceptable. It's clear that the only customer service that Carson Toyota is interested in is pre-sale. Once they got my money, customer service was a thing of the past. I will no longer do business with them, this is unexcusable. 7 MONTHS!!!!
Wow! Who did you dealt with? I've bought 10+ item from them and all have been positive. They called about every time and even gave me a tracking number for all the High dollar purchases...Luis was who I dealt with the most...Good Luck in getting your issue resolved.