GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-11, 01:46 AM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

ebay, type in the part number that is listed on the first post of this thread.
Follow the DIY on this thread minus removeing the window and speaker, also use the youtube video for reference.
Old 07-17-11, 06:51 PM
803GS4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am ready to order my motors. Can someone that has purchased motors and installed them recently please post a Ebay link to exactly which ones you bought? I am looking at this auction, is it correct?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MABUC...#ht_1097wt_939
Old 07-17-11, 10:40 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 803GS4
I am ready to order my motors. Can someone that has purchased motors and installed them recently please post a Ebay link to exactly which ones you bought? I am looking at this auction, is it correct?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MABUC...#ht_1097wt_939
i just bought 2 of the original motor FC-280PT-22125

those will work though, you just need to swap the cap on your factory one to the new one. i didnt feel like messing with it so i bought the ones with the caps
Old 07-17-11, 11:33 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

Here is the motor I bought
LEXUS HONDA TOYOTA FORD Door Lock Actuator Repair Motor
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

and here is the pully remover I also bought
Walkera Universal Pinion Gear Puller
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Old 07-18-11, 03:18 PM
roatanbabe
Driver School Candidate

When my old Rx 300 locks went bad my boyfriend who incidentally is a locksmith fixed my door locks, he bought them on ebay from this seller, he has been buying from himthem for a while as he fixes car door locks here in South Florida

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...Q5fAccessories

He had bought some from other sellers but they were not lasting. He said the ones from the seller above had a "PTC" or something like it that helps the motors not burn as fast, he just got some to do my new baby, My 94 SC400.

On another note anyone know a good radio place to send the radio my lights are not working inside?

Last edited by roatanbabe; 07-18-11 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-18-11, 07:30 PM
803GS4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sakataj
i just bought 2 of the original motor FC-280PT-22125

those will work though, you just need to swap the cap on your factory one to the new one. i didnt feel like messing with it so i bought the ones with the caps
What are you referring to as the "cap"? I know a couple pages back theres alot of talk about the brass stem versus oem stem. But theres so many people talking about so many parts everything started running together for me
Old 07-29-11, 06:49 AM
chaskim
Pole Position

Default Brass Caps

@803GS4: There are some motors you can buy that have a brass piece on the shaft... I bought 4 motors off eBay without them. I would and I'm going to buy a RC gear puller for the future, it is a lot easier with it plus this allows you to glue the metal piece from the original door motor shaft into place.

Good Luck with the DIY, the back doors are super not fun...
Old 07-29-11, 08:30 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Why is everyone having so much trouble with the rear door. If anything, the rear actuators are a lot quicker to replace.
Old 07-29-11, 09:22 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 803GS4
What are you referring to as the "cap"? I know a couple pages back theres alot of talk about the brass stem versus oem stem. But theres so many people talking about so many parts everything started running together for me

you in Columbia? I was gonna attempt a friends back door lock myself
Old 07-30-11, 10:30 PM
kmy
Driver

Just did my passenger rear door motor on my 00 Gs400. Its VERY EASY I'd say. I was nervous at once but by the time I realize it I got it out already and thought to myself, "that's it?".

What I discovered- if you're doing the rear door lock motor
-windows up is best
-do not have to remove window/tracks
-do not have to remove exterior door handle
-getting the door lock assembly out is a little of a puzzle but very easy(a lot of people will think the ext. door handle will have to be remove but nope it doesn't. The door lock assembly is blocking one bolt that's holding the door handle so removing the handle is almost impossible)
-TAKE YOUR TIME on splitting the housing open. I took my time slowly and still end up cracking it. Nothing super glue can't fix. Maybe a hair dryer might help flexing the plastic a bit.
-took me about 1-1.5hr total.

I saved $300+...thanks to this thread. I only paid under $6 for the motor from ebay.
Old 07-31-11, 10:09 AM
Bnastyy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kmy
Just did my passenger rear door motor on my 00 Gs400. Its VERY EASY I'd say. I was nervous at once but by the time I realize it I got it out already and thought to myself, "that's it?".

What I discovered- if you're doing the rear door lock motor
-windows up is best
-do not have to remove window/tracks
-do not have to remove exterior door handle
-getting the door lock assembly out is a little of a puzzle but very easy(a lot of people will think the ext. door handle will have to be remove but nope it doesn't. The door lock assembly is blocking one bolt that's holding the door handle so removing the handle is almost impossible)
-TAKE YOUR TIME on splitting the housing open. I took my time slowly and still end up cracking it. Nothing super glue can't fix. Maybe a hair dryer might help flexing the plastic a bit.
-took me about 1-1.5hr total.

I saved $300+...thanks to this thread. I only paid under $6 for the motor from ebay.

thanks for the info as I need to do this soon, but did you say you only paid $6 for the motor from ebay?

howw??
Old 07-31-11, 07:16 PM
chaskim
Pole Position

Default Rear Door Handle

I never fully removed my door handle just loosen it a bit and shake shake and shake and it will fall out...

Someone states that you could just pull on the cables... I'm not that brave...
Old 07-31-11, 09:49 PM
Bwill77
Driver School Candidate

I would love to see this as I think that I may have to change 3 of mine and really apperciate any help that you can show me. Did you end up buying them for less then $1??
Old 08-01-11, 08:42 AM
kmy
Driver

Originally Posted by Bnastyy
thanks for the info as I need to do this soon, but did you say you only paid $6 for the motor from ebay?

howw??
Yes, I paid under $6 shipped from ebay. Dont get this wrong though. This is for the small motor thats INSIDE the whole door motor assembly. The WHOLE assembly is what you'll get if you paid $250-300 from Lexus.

Search "Lexus Mabuchi" on ebay to get it.

I bought the ones they said, "Small but powerful motor". Dont know if they're any different from the other ones bc there might be a few models but the one I bought is kinda noisy but it may be that its still new so its still powerful.

heres a picture of the motor.-$6

Heres what you get for $250-300....not worth it as whats not working is only the $6 motor inside this unit.

Last edited by kmy; 08-01-11 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-01-11, 11:01 AM
azink769
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know where to get a master list of what cars these work on?

No one seems to have a master list... Or at best a year range for those models that are listed.

They are sold on eBay for about $6.50... Just search the part and "price + shipping: Lowest first"

But again, a master list, anyone?

Quick Reply: Door Lock Acutuators DIY ???