GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-01, 06:45 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help

I want to install a buzzer or locate where is the factory buzzer (the one that make the beep, when you press the factory alarm), my aftermarket alarm armed silently when I pressed the button.
I would like to wire up my aftermarket alarm to trigger the factory buzzer to get some indication (or get another buzzer, but that is my last choice)

Is there a wire from the factory alarm unit on the door that lead to the factory buzzer? anyone with the factory manual?

Also, I still could not figure out how to get both of the alarm work together (ie , just push the factory alarm remote, then it will arm the aftermarket alarm also, and you can disarm both alarm with just 1 push from factory alarm)

Mean Gene....anyone....???
If someone can fax/scan me the page that show the diagram for the door alarm unit, that would be great, I will try to figure it out.

Thank you in advance.
Anh
Old 12-17-01, 07:05 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Someone's Got It!

Anh - Another member around here has a schematic & wired in a relay to allow the factory alarm & an aftermarket one to coexist - step forward, please!! 2 years ago I spent a whole day with a test light & the door panel off figuring out the power window & lock wiring but can't find the wiring diagram! I'm NOT an alarm expert but my friend installed Clifford for years & he couldn't get the Lexus alarm & the Viper 800 I added to work together. Seems that whenever U lock the doors with the factory remote the Viper "sees" the doors as a closed circuit. Then when U push the Viper remote ( to arm it also ), the Viper views that circuit as open & goes off!! Could probably wire in some normally-open relay between the doors & the Viper brain which would change the signal. For myself & my wife, it's an either/or scenario. She uses ONLY the Lexus factory alarm & I prefer the extra protection of the Viper. I'm sure that U & I could figure this out ( with the help of Percy, Retro or Spyke ( & others ) ) & as I said earlier, I recall that someone else already has. However, I don't plan to change my setup right now but if I go into the doors to tinker with the speakers, I might - just NOT a high priority for me at this time.
Old 12-17-01, 07:27 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my plan, permanently mount my aftermarket alarm remote control somewhere in the car, I only need to figure out which wire trigger a pulse when the factory alarm arm/disarm, use a small relay circuits to push my aftermarket alarm to arm/disarm buttons(then I'd have a dual setup, my aftermarket alarm will be set to ignore the doors, so I basicly just added a perimeter and shock sensors to the stock alarm). But only if I can find the stock alarm wire that would do this, maybe it time for me to take alarm the factory alarm apart to do this... hee hee

this place had done something similar, but I think the left out some of the critical detail (wiring)

http://www.autotoys.com/New_Tech/DIY..._gs_400_98.htm

Anh