GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Be careful out there guys...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-07, 12:39 PM
golfkid777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah man, trying to go fast at any point on Mercer way is a really really bad idea. I made my mistakes on the island way when i was younger and was lucky enough to never have anything like this happen.

I hope everything works out with insurance for ya.
Old 06-29-07, 01:31 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Elliott, like everyone on here, I'm glad that you and your friends are okay. It's perfectly normal to feel the way you feel right now. You'll probably feel that way for quite a while, but that will pass. Listen we all make mistakes, that's how we learn, don't be too hard on yourself. The car can and will be replaced, just be glad that's all that has to be replaced, trust me I know.

The important thing is that you and your friends are alive and well and you know who to give credit to. What you went through and still are going through will pass too, but you will be a better, stronger, and wiser person because of it. Someone mentioned that God has a purpose for you which is true, he has a purpose for us all, you just have to find out what it is. Don't worry it will be something you like. The car will be replaced with something better (Supercharged GS460 maybe ) but your life and the lives you affect are much more valuable and important. Like most of the people on here I don't know you, but like most of the people on here I don't want to hear about anyone gettting hurt. This is a great group of people that I'm glad to be a part of. I will pray for you, your family, and your friends and their families as well. Stay strong and don't focus on what could have been; focus on what could be from the best opportunity anyone can have.
Old 06-29-07, 04:12 PM
lexluger71
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow i just caught this thread/ glad you and your homies are alright. any cuts and bruises and sorry for your car/ now you make me want to take my time after seeing that. did you have full coverage. good luck on everything.
Old 06-29-07, 04:13 PM
lexluger71
Pole Position

Originally Posted by golfkid777
Yeah man, trying to go fast at any point on Mercer way is a really really bad idea. I made my mistakes on the island way when i was younger and was lucky enough to never have anything like this happen.

I hope everything works out with insurance for ya.
is mercer a serious strip / and is it one of those pitch black roads at night.
Old 06-29-07, 04:42 PM
ShaiKmai
Pit Crew

Glad everyone is ok. That's the most important part. It's too bad i never got to see your baby up close. Yours was one of the cars i looked for my mod inspirations. Anyways again glad everyone is ok and get back on that horse!! We'll see you back on the scene soon.
Old 06-29-07, 05:52 PM
golfkid777
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexluger71
is mercer a serious strip / and is it one of those pitch black roads at night.
Mercer Island Way is a very very twisty dark road. Lined by nothing but million plus dollar houses. There are many parts of the road that can send a car flying place a car shouldnt be. People think its a great place to go "test" thier cars and often end in results very similar or worse to this. Hopefully thats not what Elliot was attempting to do, but it is a raod in which you want to follow all posted speed signs, expecially the "suggested corner speed" signs.
Old 06-29-07, 05:56 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by golfkid777
Mercer Island Way is a very very twisty dark road. Lined by nothing but million plus dollar houses. There are many parts of the road that can send a car flying place a car shouldnt be. People think its a great place to go "test" thier cars and often end in results very similar or worse to this. Hopefully thats not what Elliot was attempting to do, but it is a raod in which you want to follow all posted speed signs, expecially the "suggested corner speed" signs.
Yea he's right. There are two, West mercer and East Mercer. I drive East mercer normally which is much more low speed TIGHT turns with nice banking. In fact this was only my 3rd time driving west mercer now that i think of it. Way less turns and more straights. That's the tightest turn on the road now that I think of it. The tightest and worst designs.

I wasn't testing the car, i was driving faster then i should have though.
Old 06-29-07, 07:29 PM
GSlider
Rookie

Holy crap! Thankfully everyone walked away.
Old 06-29-07, 08:52 PM
gobears
Pole Position

I am glad you are ok...

NOW you can buy GS4.
Old 06-30-07, 05:35 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

A bit late on this thread, just hoping you can overcome this unfortunate accident. Like everyone said, its just a car and it gave you the same love you gave her by saving your life (with some help from the Big Guy of course). Rest, relax, and you'll come back from this. Glad to see everyone somehow managed to walk out of this one.
Old 06-30-07, 10:21 AM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

I'll take your Navigation if you have it, and I will buy your floor mats?

glad your okay.
Old 06-30-07, 11:21 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lettuce
I'll take your Navigation if you have it, and I will buy your floor mats?

glad your okay.
Haha you scavenger you. Insurance has it for good I think. If I can take **** off I will...
Old 06-30-07, 11:34 AM
PetesLS400
Lead Lap

Elliott,

I'm glad you made it out ok, thank God

It looks like at least the front wheel I sold you wasnt as lucky.

Pete
Old 06-30-07, 11:42 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OH man.. I'm glad you are OK .
JPI
Old 06-30-07, 11:46 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PetesLS400
Elliott,

I'm glad you made it out ok, thank God

It looks like at least the front wheel I sold you wasnt as lucky.

Pete
I think once we get all the **** out they will be fine. Those are some strong *** wheels if the survived. Might as well put them on a jeep

Quick Reply: Be careful out there guys...