GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Be careful out there guys...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-07, 10:51 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Be careful out there guys...

Well last night was the worst night of my life and the best night of my life at the same time. I am just writing this so that you guys keep in mind that going from "hanging out" with your friends, can turn into a near death experience in a split second. I'm not going to go into details but I am going to say that everyone in the car (four people) were all luckily okay. My head should not be on my body right now physically, and it definitely not on mentally last night. The drivers side roof of the car is now where my head would normally go. When we called the police to come get us they had 7 cars there, a fire truck, and am ambulance. They said they pull out 4-5 cars out of that spot each year, and half of the people are dead. We're all extremely lucky and I can only thank one thing for it...God. There is no reason why I shouldn't believe anymore, it wasn't luck, it wasn't chance, it was God. If we hit 3 feet to the left my car would be wrapped around a tree. 2 feet to the right a piece of re-bar would be in someones chest. A GS and a 30 foot ditch just don't mix too well. You guys, just please be careful out there. I was going way to fast and it is definitely a lesson learned but i'm still not fully comprehending it. I can still remember the whole thing and am completely terrorized of cars. I don't trust myself as a driver and it is hard for me to trust other people driving as well. Please just keep me and my friends in your prayers.

Thanks,
Elliott

Love:

Last edited by bighitbike; 06-28-07 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-28-07, 10:54 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

Elliott, very sorry to hear about this but glad you and your friends are OK!

You'll be OK mentally after awhile as well... many of my friends who have been in bad accidents (at fault or otherwise) were shaken for a few months afterward.
Old 06-28-07, 10:57 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Glad you and your friends are alive.......
Old 06-28-07, 10:59 AM
nsf0607
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Elliott so very sorry to hear about last night. I thank God that you were not hurt. I will pray for you and your friends. God has a bigger purpose for you.
Rest.
Old 06-28-07, 11:07 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

I loved that car with all my heart. I took such good care of it and it took good care of me. Even though my stupid *** mistakes ruined her, she treated me so well throughout everything.

I'm gonna miss you baby
Old 06-28-07, 11:14 AM
nsf0607
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bighitbike
I loved that car with all my heart. I took such good care of it and it took good care of me. Even though my stupid *** mistakes ruined her, she treated me so well throughout everything.

I'm gonna miss you baby
Elliott,

You will replaced this with something better, the main thing is that you are still here. From all of your post I gather that it does not matter what car you have you will always treat them right.

Stay Strong.
Old 06-28-07, 11:18 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Elliott - very sorry to hear what happened but I'm glad to hear you're ok. I still remember your post weeks ago about how your mom was way impressed with your car. Too bad the car is gone now but at least you're fine. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Think you'll hop into another GS? Maybe an SC or IS so you can still use the turbo kit? Keep us all posted!

Clifford
Old 06-28-07, 11:19 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cliffud
Elliott - very sorry to hear what happened but I'm glad to hear you're ok. I still remember your post weeks ago about how your mom was way impressed with your car. Too bad the car is gone now but at least you're fine. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Think you'll hop into another GS? Maybe an SC or IS so you can still use the turbo kit? Keep us all posted!

Clifford
You'll be posted alright, I can't leave this family. I'm not sure if the car is totaled or not yet. The insurance adjuster is checking it out today and we'll see.
Old 06-28-07, 11:22 AM
LexFather

Wow, thanks for sharing. Glad you are okay and your friends.
Old 06-28-07, 11:28 AM
maxmethods
Driver

Im sorry to hear that bro =(

Everytime I read about a CL member gettin in an accident, it just honestly gets to me. I remember reading one of your posts just a week ago when u smoked your tails...its crazy how things can change so quickly.

Just like you said, there is no reason for you to not beleive now. Your a good person and your intentions are well....im just glad your alright man. Dont worry bout the GS, its just a car.

I defintly will keep you and your friends in my prayers. Just take it easy for now homie.
Old 06-28-07, 11:30 AM
Chenzo26
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about this man, I am glad you were not hurt. I know what you mean about being mentally shook up. I was, luckily, minorly involved in a huge accident that happened on 95 in Jacksonville one month after I got my GS4. It happened when some drunk driver going 90 mph slammed into a parked car on the center side of the shoulder and bounced back into oncoming traffic. I luckily steered almost completely out of the way, but I was so paranoid for at least two months after that. Anyway, I am rambling - the main thing is that you and your friends were not injured. The car is replaceable, so don't worry too much about that.
Old 06-28-07, 11:31 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Sorry to hear about this accident.. Glad you were able to walk away with maybe some bruises and what have you.. A car can be replaced but a life can't.. I've read some scary incidents these last few years and luckily the members involved have walked away.. Your one of the lucky ones and you should always beleive in GOD.. Hope all is well soon..

Tony
Old 06-28-07, 11:34 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

It's good that you're trying to shake it off. At least you're looking into the positive side of things. Get well and get another GS
Old 06-28-07, 11:40 AM
subparrnd
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! I'm just glad that everyone made it out ok!

I was in a car accident that I should not have made it out of and I firmly believe that my dad and God was the only reason I'm sitting here typing this today.

Take care and God Bless!

Homer
Old 06-28-07, 11:44 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

be glad you are ok. i made one stupid *** mistake myself and sent a lady to the hospital because of it. hated driving for a long while after that. you'll get over it, get another GS or SC, IS's are girls cars lol.

it was the tail lights wasnt it.

when are you going to post up damage pictures? so we can 'assess' the damages and pick out our favorite parts lol JK.

Quick Reply: Be careful out there guys...