GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Any Toyota Aristo clubs out there?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-01, 02:55 PM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've actually seen S300 emblems on aristo before...maybe that person did the ghetto cutting job, but it looked pretty damn factory like. In the meantime, I am just gonna stick with the V300 I have. Who cares what other ppl say, as long as YOU (the owner) likes what you see. I am not planning to do a engine swap just becuz of a stupid emblem...
Old 12-20-01, 03:35 PM
RacingAristo

You can put any sticker you want as I've seen Lexus GS Type S, V430, and whatever.
Old 12-20-01, 04:04 PM
v300
Lead Lap

Default the real deal

Originally posted by LexusRules
V300, what is your stand on a 2JZ-GTE engine swap, or a turbo upgrade on a GE motor? that surely would be V300 badgeble right?

lets say i bored the car out to 3.2 would V320 be bad? haha

i dunno i'll probobly just leave it debadged people can geuess from the TISS

thats not for a long *** time though

what do you have on your car?
Sasha,
My answer to you has not changed. 1) How much money do you have to spend? 2) I'd go for the 2JZ-GTE VVT-i and the correct provisions that come with it. Later on you can build on top of the platform and add bigger turbo(s) like me. Or You can build the 2JZ-GE to handle the larger single turbo like the black IS running the T-72 from Toyomoto. The timing cam might rupture once in a while but thats your choice.

Why do you need to bore the motor? A 2JZ-GTE is rated to crank out up to 850hp on stock internals. Unless you are going to run the GS as a race car on Aviation fuel what are you thinking? 500hp on pump gas is more than many people can handle. I'm telling you if you want speed get a sportbike. Lot cheaper and lb. per lb. flat out FAST.

My take on the V300 badging, frankly I don't care anymore. In fact I don't even have the badge on my car yet (maybe never). Heck you can't blame people for dreaming right? They can have GS400 badging on a GS300 for all I care. I've seen Imprezza 2.5 w/ WRX badging, non-AMGs with AMG badging, M on non M BMWs. I have seen cars w/ stickers of products that don't exist in the car itself. I have seen people with dual exhaust systems in a non-force induction 4-banger car. I've seen rear spoilers that I swear were cut off from high school bleachers. I think these instances are GHETTO but that's just my opinion.

By the way the center point of the V300 is the 1997.8+ 2JZ-GTE and the 280ps and 333lb torque.
Old 12-20-01, 04:32 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was just thinking boring woudl be good for more low end torque but whatever

i still think im gonna go with the non-VVT-i GTE although the VVT-i is good i know the non-VVT-i is A) cheaper B) can handle up to 1200HP and C) has more parts available for it and finally D) it will bolt onto the supra 6spd no questions asked.

i was just wondering your take on over boring
Old 12-21-01, 03:38 PM
v300
Lead Lap

i still think im gonna go with the non-VVT-i GTE although the VVT-i is good i know the non-VVT-i is A) cheaper B) can handle up to 1200HP and C) has more parts available for it and finally D) it will bolt onto the supra 6spd no questions asked. i was just wondering your take on over boring
A) Yes
B) No, 850hp at crank on stock internals
C) Not really
D) The Getrag-6 will bolt onto the 2JZ-GE as well. Good luck fabricating it into the engine bay. Not cheap at all.

My take on larger displacement. Good if you need edge over competition in a race. From a 2.997 liter engine to a healthy 3.279 liter would yield close to a 9% increase. It's very expensive: parts and labor.
Old 12-21-01, 05:06 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

How does anyone have an 'Aristo' in the U.S.? Is it imported from somewhere?

V300 - you have the twin turbo one? Where did you get it?
Old 12-21-01, 05:25 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

v300 i must say you dont take me seriously enough man

i plan to get new internals for sure! also i was wondering if i should overbore because i will buy new pistons anyways.

i know this isn't for a while but i would like all the knowlage and info now so that when it comes time to do it there wont be any major $$$ suprises.. i hope you can respect that.

i know the tranny will be tough but i must do it.

and i really think the non-VVT-i motor has more parts available like cams etc... anyways it doens't matter
Old 12-21-01, 06:04 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

v300 i must say you dont take me seriously enough man

i plan to get new internals for sure! also i was wondering if i should overbore because i will buy new pistons anyways.

i know this isn't for a while but i would like all the knowlage and info now so that when it comes time to do it there wont be any major $$$ suprises.. i hope you can respect that.

i know the tranny will be tough but i must do it.

and i really think the non-VVT-i motor has more parts available like cams etc... anyways it doens't matter
Things will be all different in a few years when you actually have the power and money to do something like that. VVT-i controllers will be out, etc. etc. It'll be a whole different ballgame.
Old 12-21-01, 06:45 PM
RacingAristo

Originally posted by bitkahuna
How does anyone have an 'Aristo' in the U.S.? Is it imported from somewhere?
If you are talking about the emblem, you can buy it almost everywhere in L.A. I think even you can buy it from Steve SUPRATRD.
Old 12-21-01, 07:01 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Originally posted by RacingAristo

If you are talking about the emblem, you can buy it almost everywhere in L.A. I think even you can buy it from Steve SUPRATRD.
Thanks, I know people can get emblems, but the thread subject was 'Any Toyota Aristo clubs out there?' which I don't get since there can't be more than a handful of imported Aristos in the country. If he's asking for a club for people who stick emblems on their Lexus GS, that's pretty lame.
Old 12-21-01, 07:10 PM
RacingAristo

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Thanks, I know people can get emblems, but the thread subject was 'Any Toyota Aristo clubs out there?' which I don't get since there can't be more than a handful of imported Aristos in the country. If he's asking for a club for people who stick emblems on their Lexus GS, that's pretty lame.
Thank you! At least someone feels the same thing as I do.