GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Wooooooooooha!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-01, 04:08 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Wooooooooooha!!!!!

The GREAT news: We'll be taking delivery of a 2002 GS3 Silver/Charcoal w/Prem. Pkg. this Saturday morning! This is like a dream come true, especially for me. I think out of all the Lexus vehicles, the GS commands most of my respect. It is, IMHO, the last truly great RWD sport/luxury sedan on the planet (the upcoming 5-Series and E-Class are just plain awful). It's also easily one of the top 5 RWD sedans in the world today IMHO, along with the LS, BMW M-Series (current M3 & M5), and...I don't know what the fifth car could be.

The bad news: Parents have already said, "NO MODS!"

It's all good, though. A GS is a GS is a GS, and I'm happy that I can become part of the GS "family".

I'll give some impressions after the honeymoon is over (that is IF my parents let me drive it)!

Old 12-18-01, 04:23 PM
eppan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Congrads to your parents. I hope they would hate it after a couple of months and decide to give the GS to you....j/k

I am sure they will love the GS. Here is a way to get behind the wheel...tell them that it rides or sounds weird and that you must drive it to be certain....lol.
Old 12-18-01, 05:23 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thanks Eppan. I told my parents they should get Xpel for the new car. How's yours holding up? Does is look "bad" or is it noticeable? Has it been effective in stopping chips/scratches? My mom will be driving the car 40 miles a day on the freeway, and I don't want it to get messed up...
Old 12-18-01, 05:57 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to ask, but what is Xpel?

Thanks,
Manuel
Old 12-18-01, 05:58 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

"What they can't see won't hurt them."

...aka strut bars, sway bars, chassis brace...etc.

jk

Congrats on the car man, hope they let you drive it!
Old 12-18-01, 06:44 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awsome man!!!

dont worry about the mods TRUST ME, im 15 you know how hard it was to convince my mom to let me mod it? just make presentations n ****.. act like a real idiot but bring your point across they'll let you do small thigns then grow... soon it'll be your car

its all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-01, 06:50 PM
CPerez100
Lexus Test Driver

Congratulations !! ClubLexus is so happy for yaa... I bet you are celebrating like this:

Old 12-18-01, 07:09 PM
Mark
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to our family. I hope you enjoy your stay. Remember that family are the greatest things to have sometime. Other times they can be a royal pain--But you know they will always love you.
Old 12-19-01, 06:30 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Cangrats!!!!!!!
You better post pics of the car as soon as you have it!!
Old 12-19-01, 08:35 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the warm replies everyone! I'll try to put some pics up, but I don't have a digicam, so by the time I take the pics and have them scanned it could be a while.

Cperez: That's some funny crap, but it's true!

Sick: I've been lobbying like a hell-bent Congressman for months to get this car. My dad always loved RWD, and all he needed was one test drive to convince him. Ironic thing is, it's going to be my mom's daily driver. :eek:

Sasha: Thanks for the words of encouragement, but I was trying to get them to go for mods at the same time I was pushing the idea of the car itself on them. At least they bought the car. The parental units are real hard-asses...The most mods this car will see is probably better tires, tint, and black pearl badges......Maybe a high-flow air filter if I'm lucky...Woe is me...That car is so great in stock form, but their a lot of things that could make it better, even if it's just a LITTLE better. Will Smith said it best: "Parents just don't understand," (at least not in my case).

I'm literally counting the seconds until Saturday morning...I'll keep you posted!
Old 12-20-01, 10:07 PM
1sickls430
Driver School Candidate

hey congrats on the car man.hey im only 17 and i know how hard it is to get a car modified trust me.We used to own a 2000gs4 and it took me a while to get him to put some rims and a exhaust system on it.One thing is that ONCE u start modding it u will never wanna stop.I know u GS owners know what im talkin about.Well now we own this ls430 all we have is rims on it and it wasnt too hard to convince him to do that.Atleast i get to drive it just act responsible and ur parents will let u drive it.Heck i get crazy in the ls430 sometimes but no one can be an angel.well congrats on the car man and have fun just be safe doing it.
Old 12-20-01, 10:20 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

You know, you could easily sneak in a steering ECU and a drop-in filter and they would never know!!!
Old 12-21-01, 03:34 AM
eppan
Pole Position

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
Thanks Eppan. I told my parents they should get Xpel for the new car. How's yours holding up? Does is look "bad" or is it noticeable? Has it been effective in stopping chips/scratches? My mom will be driving the car 40 miles a day on the freeway, and I don't want it to get messed up...
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I can't really say how effective it is, although, I haven't seen any chips on my hood since applying Xpel, so that is a good thing. The stuff have not given me any trouble at all...they install it like tint and thus far has stayed put. I take my car to those hand was places and all is fine.

Ya, I do quite a bit of freeway driving myself and do not like having a regular bra on my GS... I think they take away from the design of the car ..IMO. I hate those damn dump/debris semi-trucks...they throw off so much pebbles and such...pisses me off.

I Noticed that it is a Silver GS...it is the best color to put Xpel (3M film) on. It is noticible to me, but most people don't unless you point it out, however it will be noticible from certain angles and how the sunlight reflects off of it...also you have to take care not to have any wax residue on the edges...otherwise you really notice the edges.

You really have three alternative....1) 3M film 2) Regular bra 3) Don't drive on freeways

Obviously you know what I picked. What I would do is get them to tint the windows something light like 35% rear and rear-side and 50% front-side....and at the same time get some 3M film installed at the same shop. FYI Xpel, StoneGuard and other clear bra are all make out of the same 3M film.

If you go to StoneGuards website they really talk up about their kit being one piece and competitors are not...funny thing is Xpel is also a single piece kit...and cheaper then..don't know about now. My main decision to go with Xpel was that I was able to find an installer in my area...so that is going to be a factor when inquiring further into it.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by eppan; 12-21-01 at 03:43 AM.
Old 12-22-01, 01:18 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

This morning at approximately 10 A.M o'clock, I died and went to heaven. We picked up the GS, and I've only been able to drive it a bit, but what a dream...OK, gotta go look at it some more...
Old 12-22-01, 01:43 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats!!! Time to change your sig!

Quick Reply: Wooooooooooha!!!!!