GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lugnut question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-07, 03:09 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lugnut question...

The previous owner of my car was a 40-year old ricer and put a set of aftermarket wheels which I do not like with "Tuner" style lugnut on them...

^those.

and to get rid of those wheels, I just got a set of 18" OEM G35 wheels (stay on topic guys) and was wondering where I can find OEM Lexus lugnuts for cheap?? The dealership wanted 5/each (=$100 total). Or if anyone has any suggestions, please lemme know. Those lugnuts will fit, but doesn't have the washers on it which makes me worried....
Old 07-03-07, 03:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

are you sure the lexus stock lug nuts will fit on the g35 wheels? i don't think so. i think the g35 wheels use tuner type lug nuts. the lexus stock lugs are rare and not commonly used
Old 07-03-07, 03:19 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by rominl
are you sure the lexus stock lug nuts will fit on the g35 wheels? i don't think so. i think the g35 wheels use tuner type lug nuts. the lexus stock lugs are rare and not commonly used
I'm so confused about that. I went to Autozone and they told me I need Lexus OEM. Then I went to discount tires to have them mount my 18" tires (which they wanted 95 friggin dollars for TWO TIRES wth?) and they told me I need those tuner type lugnuts but with a washer (which I googled but yet to find). I tried putting the tuner type lugnuts I have now and it fits fine, but kinda worries me without the extra area that ring puts on the wheel.

I am so lost...it's always these small things that stops me from doing a simple mod
Old 07-03-07, 04:10 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, the factory lex wheel takes a shank lug with the washer. im not that up to date with the infinity wheel. so my ? is does the infinity wheel have a large lug hole like the lex wheel? if it does you will need to use the lex style lug nut, if the infinity wheel has a counter sunk angle arround the lug hole you will need to use the tuner lugs.
if i have con fused you send me a pm and i'll try to help you a little more. i own a tire and wheel shop so i do this type of work all the time!!
Old 07-03-07, 04:13 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lexus lug nuts=lug centric wheels
G35 wheels are not lug centric, so your lug nuts (tuner ones) are ok and you do not need any washers.
Old 07-03-07, 04:17 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

if you plan on getting aftermarket wheels check these out.
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me...tegory_Code=L1

if you plan on keeping the g35 wheels go with a set you can get off of ebay for less than $60. I know it is against the rules to link to Ebay so I won't.
Old 07-03-07, 04:31 PM
kit cat

toeb>
I'll send you a picture later after I take it... its so hard to explain in words

GS FONZy>
the only reason I worry about washers is because it has more space and tuner lugnuts are so skinny it worries me...

carbongs>
mmm...those are yummy. but i'll get those once i graduate from school.
Old 07-03-07, 05:05 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What size are the stock 2GS lug nuts? My chrome ones have some surface rust.
Is 12 x 1.5 the stock size?
Old 07-03-07, 08:25 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
I'll send you a picture later after I take it...
yes a pic would help, but acorn lug nuts are all the same, but some can be smaller than others to fit diffrent type of wheels. However; if i remember correctly the stud size for nissans are bigger than our cars, but that should not be an issue. i don't think oem lexus lug nuts will work on the g35 wheel, so be carefull on what type of lug nuts you buy. i also don't recommend a washer with a acorn lug nut.
Old 07-03-07, 09:53 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
yes a pic would help, but acorn lug nuts are all the same, but some can be smaller than others to fit diffrent type of wheels. However; if i remember correctly the stud size for nissans are bigger than our cars, but that should not be an issue. i don't think oem lexus lug nuts will work on the g35 wheel, so be carefull on what type of lug nuts you buy. i also don't recommend a washer with a acorn lug nut.

ok, so these are the OEM Lexus lug nuts. Apparently they are called mag lug nuts...my Subaru had these too. Anywho, according to Autozone, Infiniti have different type lug nuts but I can't find a picture of it...so I drew it.

....you get the idea.

So, my only concern between them is not having the washers/seats. If its okay not having that extra area the wheel fits against the wheel, then I'll just slap on the tuner type lug nuts I have on.
Old 07-03-07, 10:57 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

the drawing of the g35 lugs looks like the lexus oem, they sit inside holes of the wheel. thats the reason they are lug centric. anyways, i am asking the maxima guys that are using g35 wheels the type of lug nut they use. hopefully i will have an answer soon.
do you have a pic of the wheels?

Last edited by GS FONZy; 07-03-07 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-03-07, 11:18 PM
kit cat

the drawing of the g35 lugs looks like the lexus oem, they sit inside holes of the wheel. thats the reason they are lug centric. anyways, i am asking the maxima guys that are using g35 wheels the type of lug nut they use. hopefully i will have an answer soon.
do you have a pic of the wheels?
Thank you!! I really appreciate it.

and maybe it was the other way around...the guy at the Autozone told me by words but he got me so confused as to whats what and what he has stock and etc...

and here are the pics when i took them to Discount tires....I wanted them to replace the rear two tires with the new ones I got but they wanted 95 dollars just to dismount/mount tires on them! So I went home and found a local mom-n-pops that'll do it for 15eac

yes I realize my car is supposed to be a luxury car...but whatever, i'll clean the leather later

Last edited by kit cat; 02-19-09 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-03-07, 11:36 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

do the holes on your wheels look like these one? if they do, than they might be shouldered lug nut, like lexus ones. i will let you know once someone replies. also there is guys here that have G35 wheels. try searching and ask them what kind of lugs they use.

Last edited by GS FONZy; 07-09-07 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-03-07, 11:45 PM
kit cat

do the holes on your wheels look like these one? if they do, than they might be shouldered lug nut, like lexus ones. i will let you know once someone replies. also there is guys here that have G35 wheels. try searching and ask them what kind of lugs they use.
i've already PMed a few mikal just said to use tuner ones (which is what I like to hear).

and yeah, the G35 wheels do look like that but tapered at the very end.
Old 07-03-07, 11:50 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

cool, keep us posted on the outcome.

Quick Reply: Lugnut question...