GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My new headlight idea is sick (yellow HID)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 06:47 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

let me just say this...

i have all the HID bulbs you could dream of at my disposal. i mean literally- almost every color and bulb type... and even then - i wouldn't ever do this mod.

sorry man. just not feeling it.
Old 07-16-07, 08:28 PM
Neo300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks good, I like it! I had the yellow HIDs in my AP1 S2000 and LOVED THEM! About the whole 'lights in the middle' thing. Its looks good. Its different. I did a similar mod back in the day when I had my '90 Civic hatch with retro fitted SL600 HIDs and got a lot of complements. I think that the camera is exaggerating the light output on your setup to be honest. If it really is 'too bright', try your best to fix it, but if you still keep getting flashed, ignore it. I say as long as your not getting a moving violation ticket from the cops your good!
Old 07-16-07, 09:08 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo300
It looks good, I like it! I had the yellow HIDs in my AP1 S2000 and LOVED THEM! About the whole 'lights in the middle' thing. Its looks good. Its different. I did a similar mod back in the day when I had my '90 Civic hatch with retro fitted SL600 HIDs and got a lot of complements. I think that the camera is exaggerating the light output on your setup to be honest. If it really is 'too bright', try your best to fix it, but if you still keep getting flashed, ignore it. I say as long as your not getting a moving violation ticket from the cops your good!

ignore it? jesus. so you're another one that doesn't care about being courteous to everyone else on the road huh? maybe people aren't getting the point across, if they are bothering to flash you, it's usually not because they think its like a fun game to see who can make their lights the brightest...usually they are trying to communicate something along the lines of this: "HELP! STOP IT! YOU'RE HURTING MY EYES! PLEASE! I CANT SEE! WHERES THE ROAD?! IS THERE A CURVE HERE OR A RAVINE?! BEFORE I CRASH INTO YOU OR GO OFF THE ROAD AND HIT A TREE AND MY CHILD GOES FLYING OUT THE FRONT WINDSHIELD! PLEASE! JUST TURN YOUR ****ING LIGHTS DOWN!" and flashing you is the only way they can do so because you wouldnt really hear them screaming obscenities at you with your windows up now would you.

some people.
Old 07-16-07, 09:53 PM
jecko714
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

i dont get it, u tint all ur windows AND ur windshield to no be seen, and than u do this to be seen going faster???? hmmmm....i still dont get it
Old 07-17-07, 04:09 AM
URDONE
Lexus Test Driver

LOL. Wow, this thread backfired.
Old 07-17-07, 05:21 AM
Neo300
Lead Lap

I told him to fix it best he could. ****, I get flashed all the time, I just ignore it now (instead of throwing nickels at people that flash me [because they are the heaviest] like I used to). I've heard local cops say that you should never flash your highbeams at oncomming traffic if they have thier brights on. Instead, do not look into the light directly, untill they pass. It works. Thats why ingnore oncomming 'flashers'.
Old 07-17-07, 05:40 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo300
I told him to fix it best he could. ****, I get flashed all the time, I just ignore it now (instead of throwing nickels at people that flash me [because they are the heaviest] like I used to). I've heard local cops say that you should never flash your highbeams at oncomming traffic if they have thier brights on. Instead, do not look into the light directly, untill they pass. It works. Thats why ingnore oncomming 'flashers'.

you used to throw nickels? wow you really are screwed up. you're still missing the point. they are flashing you because they CANT SEE. i was trying to be nice and funny the first time i tried making the point but it obviously didnt work. they aren't doing it to make you angry, they are trying to tell you that you're blinding them. so your reaction, instead of taking care of your lights, is to punish them by throw things at their cars... you're really making yourself sound like a champ right now. Tell you what man, I bet there are a lot of people around here that wouldn't react well to you if they had to hitch a ride with their girl or family member somewhere and you started throwing change at them damaging their loved ones cars for flashing you...and nailing one of their personal cars with that? yeah, right.. guess you never thought about doing it to the wrong person eventually that wouldnt keep driving in the opposite direction. seriously, what are you 17? grow up. you should be kicked off here just for admitting to doing something that idiotic.

good luck if you bother to try and come back with some great excuse about why its ok to throw stuff out your windows at oncoming traffic, you're not going to get support from anybody around here.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 07-17-07 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-17-07, 07:36 PM
Neo300
Lead Lap

17... no. Like I said, I used to do that s***. I did grow up. I IGNORE flashers or in this case people like YOU. Chill out, this is only the internet. No need to get all pissy about some figgin lights. Do what you do in NY, and I'll keep doing my thing in FL. The End.
Old 07-17-07, 09:03 PM
lexluger71
Pole Position

wow guys , take a chill pill , and kiss and make up we are all team members here. every one has there own opinions , no need to argue about it..
Old 07-17-07, 09:21 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ROFL and i thought we in the 2IS forum were bad to one another. YEA!!! WERE NOT ALONE

about the HID mod thou:

First: Thats pretty original there +1 for you.
Second: Have a friend drive your car and you drive his on a two lane, head on/let him follow you and see how your lites affect other ppl. Test it out.

*ppl here are jumping to conclusions without all the facts*
Old 07-17-07, 09:34 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

People don't drive around with their high beams on normally for a reason.

So putting HID BULBS in there isn't going to help. Like I said, put them in your lowbeam. better yet, just take them out.

And your username is a lie. Your car isn't slammed.
Old 07-18-07, 12:16 AM
jecko714
Lead Lap

^..exactly, This Guy Is Just Mad Cuz His Thread Backfired...
Old 07-18-07, 12:21 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im sure it looks nice but yellow headlights dont get you a ticket? In NorCal they catch you automatically. What i had on my car is Yellow HID Fogs/Yellow HID High beams/6000K White lowbeams and thought it looked cool but got over it.
Old 07-18-07, 12:32 AM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
you used to throw nickels? wow you really are screwed up. you're still missing the point. they are flashing you because they CANT SEE. i was trying to be nice and funny the first time i tried making the point but it obviously didnt work. they aren't doing it to make you angry, they are trying to tell you that you're blinding them. so your reaction, instead of taking care of your lights, is to punish them by throw things at their cars... you're really making yourself sound like a champ right now. Tell you what man, I bet there are a lot of people around here that wouldn't react well to you if they had to hitch a ride with their girl or family member somewhere and you started throwing change at them damaging their loved ones cars for flashing you...and nailing one of their personal cars with that? yeah, right.. guess you never thought about doing it to the wrong person eventually that wouldnt keep driving in the opposite direction. seriously, what are you 17? grow up. you should be kicked off here just for admitting to doing something that idiotic.

good luck if you bother to try and come back with some great excuse about why its ok to throw stuff out your windows at oncoming traffic, you're not going to get support from anybody around here.
Hey don't be dissin' on the 17 year olds!!!!
Old 07-18-07, 12:45 AM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread turned out great; lots of funny material!

Quick Reply: My new headlight idea is sick (yellow HID)