GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My new headlight idea is sick (yellow HID)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-07, 06:24 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can relate to upstateGS4. I drive alot in the dark roads with high beams. It is annoying when lights shine that bright.. no matter what you do (especially people like me with lasik done) we cant help but lights to me now are very sensitive.

I always do try to turn them off when oncoming passers come by. But anyhow I think if you want to put your lowbeams in your highbeams then more power to you. Just expect alot of flack and people flashing back at you.
But throwing things out of your car at others when you provoke it its just flat wrong. I hope all of you goto hell if you do that. Its uncalled for.

I know definately on my RX330 those highbeams are much brighter than my GS and its no fun. There is a reason why highbeams are brighter. The shape and bowl in the highbeam is much different and does spread the beam throughly.

Leave the highbeams in the high.. thats what is for. And God forbid you cause and accident or if someone plows straight to you and kills you in the process.
Old 07-18-07, 10:31 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo300
17... no. Like I said, I used to do that s***. I did grow up. I IGNORE flashers or in this case people like YOU. Chill out, this is only the internet. No need to get all pissy about some figgin lights. Do what you do in NY, and I'll keep doing my thing in FL. The End.

chill? im fine. some people in my family have very bad light sensitivity problems with their eyes. inconsiderate people that do stuff like this and just "ignore" the wellbeing of other drivers like you suggest to are capable of causing accidents and hurting everyone.

and people like me? i dont flash anyone, when people have their highbeams on, i deal with it. id rather have myself not be able to see because of the idiot on the other side of the road, then BOTH of us... whats it gonna do if i do flick my highbeams on for "revenge"? maybe itll blind them too and we'll both just crash into eachother and get wrecked lol. its NOT just the internet when you are talking about throwing nickels ((in which you specifically preplanned to do as much damage to others personal property as possible considering you made a point to say they were the heaviest out of all the change in your car)) out your windows at cars or saying you dont care about other people being able to see, thats real life, so nothing you're saying is really valid. it doesn't matter whether you did it when you were 16, or if you do it now that you're 18...it was never cool and saying you dont do it anymore isn't going to get you any credit, its just proves the fact that you've had a complete disregard for others since an early age.

anyway, this thread wasn't supposed to turn into this at all. everybody that likes to drive around with their high beams on or has ghetto rigged setups that are projecting incorrect and misaligned beam patterns blinding everyone.. just cut it out, fix it! ex:bmw spent millions perfecting their headlight sensor system in their newer vehicles that automatically turns off the cars highbeams when it senses lights from oncoming traffic... i dont think they burnt all that cash just for fun; sometimes people have problems thinking for themselves.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 07-18-07 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-18-07, 10:55 AM
suprandsc
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=slammed_gs;2770706]and makes the car in my opinion look faster.

It makes it look faster.......but is your gs fast pushing at least 400whp? I DOUBT it. Then why do you need to make it look fast? imo its pure rice.

change it back to way it was ASAP.
Old 07-18-07, 11:30 AM
DuttyLeXus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo300
I told him to fix it best he could. ****, I get flashed all the time, I just ignore it now (instead of throwing nickels at people that flash me [because they are the heaviest] like I used to). I've heard local cops say that you should never flash your highbeams at oncomming traffic if they have thier brights on. Instead, do not look into the light directly, untill they pass. It works. Thats why ingnore oncomming 'flashers'.
I would be pissed if someone threw a nickel at my car.....

You just dont do that kind of stuff and admitt to it....
Old 07-18-07, 12:24 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it and was waiting to see someone do this first !!

Take more pictures even at night and show us your Highbeams
Old 07-18-07, 01:37 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you REALLY like this mod, why not just do a retrofit so you can get real projectors in the inner lights? Either that or just go back to halogens... I run HID highs as well (4300k) and light just bounces all over the place. If you want it just for the look, just use some yellow tint and tint the inner beams and darken out the headlights.

About Neo300 - oh man, I won't even comment on your belligerent attitude because it speaks for itself but I'd like to BELIEVE that CL members have a higher level of courtesy for other people than the rest of the driving population out there.

Personally, when I come off freeways out here in AZ, I sometimes have to wait at the light at the overpass and when i do, I find myself pointing my headlights directly at people across the intersection. At those times I just turn off my headlights and keep my fogs on until I have to turn. It's kinda fun to show off the foglight mod too.
Old 07-18-07, 01:40 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

your headlights remind me of this:

Old 07-18-07, 01:53 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG I read all the comments on this thread and WOW. IMO the mod is not my cup of tea but if you like it then go for it. Just think of others that are on the road while your driving. Like someone said earlier we need to know the Facts before we jump to conclusions.