GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My new headlight idea is sick (yellow HID)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 02:14 AM
slammed_gs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new headlight idea is sick (yellow HID)

....yes these are my headlights, not my highbeams or daytime lights.I ran my aftermarket yellow HID's and switched the wires around, so that my lowbeams are in the center part, and my highbeams are in those big goofy outside lamps.lol Because i drive around now with my lowbeams in the center part the lights look lower to the ground , it gives the car a more aggresive look ,and makes the car in my opinion look faster., plus original

Last edited by slammed_gs; 07-16-07 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-16-07, 02:21 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks pretty blinding. You should aim them down a bit. Other than that it looks pretty cool. I have a similar idea in mind. I'm still working on it though. What color are your high beams?
Old 07-16-07, 03:04 AM
slammed_gs
Lead Lap

it has nothing to do with them pointing up, they are like that because my lowbeams are in the housing where my highbeams should be and no matter what they shine like highbeams. if you look at the your lowbeams and highbeams you will notice your lowbeams have a cover protecting the bulb to make them shine less bright, and your highbeams have nothing protecting the bulb making them shine much more brighter.Im working on doing something custom to fix this problem even though in the day time it looks hot because you can see my lights so well......and my highbeams are also yellow, along with the fogs.

Old 07-16-07, 03:07 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

car looks great, but how does it look any faster?
Old 07-16-07, 03:21 AM
slammed_gs
Lead Lap

trust me if I was driving past you looking head-on you would know what im talking about.

Old 07-16-07, 04:46 AM
URDONE
Lexus Test Driver

Post some more pictures.
Old 07-16-07, 06:01 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man.. Id hate to be on the other side of the road.. Id probably curse you out.. haha
Old 07-16-07, 06:23 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
car looks great, but how does it look any faster?

not to mention no matter how "fast" you think it looks, you run the risk of blinding everyone else on the road, especially at night. in that regard it doesn't look "faster" to people in oncoming traffic that now have huge yellow spots in their eyes, it looks annoying. even though you wont, you should switch it back until you figure out your custom covering you were talking about making so its not a safety hazard to other drivers.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 07-16-07 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-16-07, 06:42 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Old 07-16-07, 06:54 AM
Sceptre
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by upstateGS4

not to mention no matter how "fast" you think it looks, you run the risk of blinding everyone else on the road, especially at night. in that regard it doesn't look "faster" to people in oncoming traffic that now have huge yellow spots in their eyes, it looks annoying. even though you wont, you should switch it back until you figure out your custom covering you were talking about making so its not a safety hazard to other drivers.
+1. Please be considerate of others on the road we all share.
Old 07-16-07, 09:32 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lol, getting confused by the 'theme' of your car. You went through the trouble of tinting your front windshield, went black on black on black for the complete stealth look but then throw yellow HID's in your DRL?

Not being critical at all because I think it will look good once you stop blinding oncoming traffic but just wondering....
Old 07-16-07, 09:47 AM
HTQCummins
Driver

Looks very good. Just a question tho, in the left column it says you live in NJ, doesn't NJ require a front license plate as well? Sorry to go off topic, I just noticed that and was curious. At any rate, your car is sick, wish I could see it in person.
Old 07-16-07, 10:24 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by slammed_gs
....yes these are my headlights, not my highbeams or daytime lights.I ran my aftermarket yellow HID's and switched the wires around, so that my lowbeams are in the center part, and my highbeams are in those big goofy outside lamps.lol Because i drive around now with my lowbeams in the center part the lights look lower to the ground , it gives the car a more aggresive look ,and makes the car in my opinion look faster., plus original
HID's tend to reflect off the camera lens giving the HID's a glaring effect. Just take a look at GrandLS4's sig above. Anywho, I think your car looks great! I see you are going for that Lemans/World Touring Car look with the yellow HID's. Just like below.. Keep being unique!

Old 07-16-07, 10:30 AM
jecko714
Lead Lap

sord of creative, but i think its too much..
Old 07-16-07, 10:32 AM
RCThrine
Pole Position

forget ppl on the road, that looks tight, and if you can run that without cops jerking you around... more power to you.

Quick Reply: My new headlight idea is sick (yellow HID)