GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Breakfast is SERVED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-07, 08:36 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Breakfast is SERVED!

So for once I'm happy it's rainy on a July summer day here in Seattle.

I had to wash wet egg off the driver's corner of my car this morning... in the rain... late for work. haha Shows me for parkin on the street right? Its funny because just yesterday I posted in a thread askin about the california duster to keep my car clean! LOL

Anyways does anyone have any tips on gettin rid of the smell n thick goop that I wasn't able to get at this morning? I'm gonna run it through a car wash during lunch which I normally would never do but I wanna get it as clean as possible in a timly manner. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Big middle finger to all ex-girlfriends, old beef, or JEALOUS KIDS!!!!!

Old 07-18-07, 09:18 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Just run it thru a quick wash at a gas station or something. Then go over it again by hand when you have more time. Did the egg hit on the paint or just the window? If it hit paint, check the paint carefully because when an eggshell cracks it will create sharp points. It usually cuts up or even chips off the paint!
Old 07-18-07, 10:14 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Just run it thru a quick wash at a gas station or something. Then go over it again by hand when you have more time. Did the egg hit on the paint or just the window? If it hit paint, check the paint carefully because when an eggshell cracks it will create sharp points. It usually cuts up or even chips off the paint!
Well the egg goop was primarily on the windows but i didnt really see any egg shells anywhere.. maybe a couple tiny pieces but that was it.. I wonder if they cracked it over top.. pretty lame regardless..

Thanks I'll be doing that.. people r gonna think I'm an idiot seeing as how the weather will be rain until sunday..
Old 07-18-07, 10:32 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

I just called a place down the street from work called Auto Spa.. they said they do a handwash for $15 that takes about 20 or 30 minutes. That'll be perfect for lunch.
Old 07-18-07, 10:35 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good luck! it happened to me once luckily i had so much wax on the car it didn't do anything. the smell however, nasty!
Old 07-18-07, 10:37 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SupermanGS
I just called a place down the street from work called Auto Spa.. they said they do a handwash for $15 that takes about 20 or 30 minutes. That'll be perfect for lunch.

you're lucky its raining man.. if any of that egg gets on your paint and you let it sit it can be murder to the cars finish.. get it taken care of asap and consider the rain a blessing.
Old 07-18-07, 10:50 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
you're lucky its raining man.. if any of that egg gets on your paint and you let it sit it can be murder to the cars finish.. get it taken care of asap and consider the rain a blessing.
Believe me I do! It's still rainin right now and hopefully it does for the next hour.. they're gonna feel funny washin it in the rain haha
Old 07-18-07, 11:45 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SupermanGS
Believe me I do! It's still rainin right now and hopefully it does for the next hour.. they're gonna feel funny washin it in the rain haha

not at all.. just let them know what happened and where on the car so they put an extra couple minutes into that area when they clean it.. they dont care they are making money either way and if its raining they're probably bored as hell right now. one of my friends cars got an egg thrown at it, they didnt notice till almost the following day. it destroyed the clearcoat and started messing up the paint underneath.. had to have the whole bumper repainted, so atleast you're getting away easy.
Old 07-18-07, 12:00 PM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
not at all.. just let them know what happened and where on the car so they put an extra couple minutes into that area when they clean it.. they dont care they are making money either way and if its raining they're probably bored as hell right now. one of my friends cars got an egg thrown at it, they didnt notice till almost the following day. it destroyed the clearcoat and started messing up the paint underneath.. had to have the whole bumper repainted, so atleast you're getting away easy.
ack i hope that doesnt happen! im gonna take off and get it washed now.. still pourin! haha
Old 07-18-07, 12:12 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

sorry to hear that ! F those people
Old 07-18-07, 12:55 PM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Haha ya i know.. they did a good job washin it but they were rockin a pressure washer i think cause it was comin out quick.. like the ones u can use at the do it yourself car washes.. i was thinkin "wtf is that gonna jack my paint up?".. i gave them 20 bucks since they were in the rain and like said above probably didnt have too much business..
Old 07-18-07, 03:05 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Glad it worked out in the end, cuz getting your car egged is just plain mean. My poor Spectra blue got tagged on the rear wing. I bought her used last year, and was wondering what that weird looking mark was, and my buddy Tony told me it looked like it was egged. Stupid punks!!! Oh well, time for a custom 2 tone like Adrian or maybe even a 3 tone like SoCal, heheh.
Old 07-18-07, 03:14 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just dont get people. They did that to my durango and it sat all night and until about noon the next day, I worked for hours trying to repair the damage but no success. Ended up having to get the door repainted
Old 07-18-07, 04:50 PM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I just dont get people. They did that to my durango and it sat all night and until about noon the next day, I worked for hours trying to repair the damage but no success. Ended up having to get the door repainted
UPDATE: I just looked at the side of my car now that the rain stopped...

damn 1 egg mark on the door 1 egg mark on the fender.. big spots full of tiny little egg shell marks.. i cant believe it.
Old 07-18-07, 06:08 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

No respect bro..

Quick Reply: Breakfast is SERVED!