GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My new 03 GS430

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 08:39 PM
AnimalB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My new 03 GS430

I sold my Acura TL and purchased this GS430. I have had it for about a month now and I put 35% on the windows and I'm getting ready to order the Borla exhuast for it. The car is a certified pre owned with 40k on the clock.

Old 07-19-07, 08:47 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on the GS! It looks great
Old 07-19-07, 09:03 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Black Cherry. Nice. Congrats.
Old 07-19-07, 09:13 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice looking car. good job getting a CPO.
Old 07-19-07, 09:15 PM
AnimalB
Pole Position

Thanks....im just trying to decide on an exhaust. I dont think I want to do a full cat back exhaust. I dont want the car to be too loud. My research is leading me towards the Borla rear section.

Wheels will come next....I'm slowly leaning towards a set of Sevas S55's. But I do think the stock wheels go well with the car.

Also, would a K&N drop in filter for the factory intake make any sort of difference with the car?
Old 07-19-07, 09:48 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

congrats on the 430 man i just picked up another gs a month ago. mines an '03 430 as well, bought it with 42k mi... youll really like the bolt on borla mufflers (i have them on mine) its a nice low key tone but you definitely know its there... also if you can spring for it, the SRT intake/ecu kit is a great setup. i liked it so much when i had it on my gs400 its one of the first things i bought again for this one.
Old 07-19-07, 10:01 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

WELCOME AnimalB
Old 07-19-07, 10:48 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

congrats on the purchase and welcome
Old 07-20-07, 04:51 AM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats and welcome
Old 07-20-07, 05:09 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AnimalB
Thanks....im just trying to decide on an exhaust. I dont think I want to do a full cat back exhaust. I dont want the car to be too loud. My research is leading me towards the Borla rear section.

Wheels will come next....I'm slowly leaning towards a set of Sevas S55's. But I do think the stock wheels go well with the car.

Also, would a K&N drop in filter for the factory intake make any sort of difference with the car?
For the exhaust I would tell you to go with the RMM just because not that many people have it and I just love the look and sound of it but it might be a little loud for you. The Borla is a good choice, from what I hear it's not too loud. In fact, you can just buy exhaust tips to make the appearance better.

Those wheels are pretty nice and since they're exposing you could paint your calipers and throw a sticker on them.

As far as the air filter, I don't think the drop-in makes that much of a difference. I had one before I bought the Injen intake, didn't feel any difference. If you don't want an intake that's too loud then I guess you could go with the drop-in or you can try the Pro Lex Performance (PLP) Silent Flow Intake, they sell it at Carson for $189 which is pretty cheap but I don't know about the quality or if you get much performance from it.
Old 07-20-07, 05:31 AM
AnimalB
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KnightRidr
For the exhaust I would tell you to go with the RMM just because not that many people have it and I just love the look and sound of it but it might be a little loud for you. The Borla is a good choice, from what I hear it's not too loud. In fact, you can just buy exhaust tips to make the appearance better.

Those wheels are pretty nice and since they're exposing you could paint your calipers and throw a sticker on them.

As far as the air filter, I don't think the drop-in makes that much of a difference. I had one before I bought the Injen intake, didn't feel any difference. If you don't want an intake that's too loud then I guess you could go with the drop-in or you can try the Pro Lex Performance (PLP) Silent Flow Intake, they sell it at Carson for $189 which is pretty cheap but I don't know about the quality or if you get much performance from it.
I had an AEM V2 CAI on my TL....I am not really worried about the noise from the front of the car. Actually I would love a serious growl from the front of the car. But, since it's a CPO I'd rather not start messing around with soddering things and installing CAI's because they may try and say that the warranty is voided. Thats the only reason why I thought about a K&N drop-in.
Old 07-20-07, 05:51 AM
lexluger71
Pole Position

car looks sweet congrats on it, the wheels give it a good look already. keep it clean.
Old 07-20-07, 06:02 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AnimalB
I had an AEM V2 CAI on my TL....I am not really worried about the noise from the front of the car. Actually I would love a serious growl from the front of the car. But, since it's a CPO I'd rather not start messing around with soddering things and installing CAI's because they may try and say that the warranty is voided. Thats the only reason why I thought about a K&N drop-in.
In that case I'm not too sure what's out there as far as air intakes for the 430 other than the SRT which comes with an ECU but I'm not sure if you have to necessarily solder it on for the whole system to work and there's the K&N FIPK, I just realized the one I recommended is only for the 300.
Old 07-20-07, 09:01 AM
AnimalB
Pole Position

I also had a general question about interior lighting. My dad has an 07 GS350 and all of the interior lighting is a nice clean white/blue....which looks so smooth. I would only consider doing all the doors, the footwells, and the dome light. Who makes a bulb that would produce a similar light scheme to the newer GS's? I found all of the bulb codes on sylvania.com.....its just a matter of finding the right bulb color.

Any of you had any experiences with this. I am sure there have been many convo's on those.
Old 07-20-07, 11:06 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

AnimalB....nice 430. Your car has soo much potential.

I have the K&N drop-in on my 300 and it will not give you much, if any additional horsepower. BUT, it will give you slightly better fuel efficiency and more pronounced throttle response. You will also experience, more noticeably I may add with your bigger engine, a deep growl w/ the K&N drop-in especially at WOT.

The interior lights you want, which emulate the 3GS, are the Polarg M4's and M6's. These are wedge bulbs that can also go in your exterior lights.

Quick Reply: My new 03 GS430