GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS Then to Now

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-08, 02:58 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here you can tell how kevin matched up the weaves from the trunk lid to the jp replica spoiler

here's the full rear end. you can see how they painted the side pieces of the rear spoiler to match the car and there's the ugo roof spoiler up top.

We also tinted the tails

from the side

a better angle with the slightly tinted tails. we did two coats of smoke black and called it quits. it is easier to get darker than it is to go lighter.

They also faded the sides of the ugo roof spoiler to match te car so that when you see it from the side it looks black

you can see the fade here

hope you guys like it!

ending this post with the shot of the rear again

Old 05-08-08, 02:59 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Here you can see where my Bucky got creative with some paint.

I am also getting my pro lex performance exhaust manifold heat shield painted black. after some research i found that it really doesn't do much of a job shielding heat from the intake piping so i decided to create a show piece of it. i cut out a rectangular window so that you can see the headers through the hole. It should add for some good contrast with the black heat shield and the gold headers.

up close idea of it. it is only filler primered right now. not painted yet.

further away

Here are both of my projects side by side!

that is all for now. i'll keep you guys updated
Old 05-08-08, 03:00 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Ok, so today was a very productive day for me considering how late it started lol. I want to thank Dan, Juan, and and Shin (GGPIS3, Jvillagran and CarbonIS) for helping me out with parts and last night with my AEM wideband install, and thanks to Bucky for loaning me his spare carbon fiber single guage pod to use until we come up with something better later.

We took off the exisiting paint on the nitrous bottles yesterday night with aircraft paint remover. It is some cool stuff if you haven't ever used it before. Apply the goopy stuff on and spread it around. Let is sit for about 5 minutes and watch the paint bubble off! lol we then primered the bottles with a little sandable primer just to make the paint adhearable later. Thanks to Dan for letting me use one of his spare nitrous bottles until I get my new one in the mail!

Here is my header heat shield, along with the shifter panel, and double din face. These will be painted later today when Bucky gets a chance.

We trimmed the carbon panels and sanded the edges. We will be added 1 or 2 more flood coats of resin on top before sanding down and clearing them.

Here is the AEM Wideband. It is temporarily mounted to a chrome bezel guage holder.

And this morning with the carbon fiber guage pod Bucky let me borrow. I only have it held down right now with double sided 3m tape until i figure out what to do. I am trying to source a driver's side a-pillar so that i can mold my triple guage pod to it and wrap it with carbon fiber. until then this guage pod cup will do.

Old 05-08-08, 03:00 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Old 05-08-08, 03:01 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

PS2 Slim with i-Pod in the glove box

Carbon trim pieces are all off again.

Old 05-08-08, 03:01 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Well, I haven't been doing much lately but I decided to get a few things done off of my check list these past few weeks. I finally got my HKS Cam Gear installed. CarbonIS helped me with the install of a custom oil catch can. We like to call it the Shin Motorsports Husky Custom Oil Catch Can lol.

Thanks for looking
Old 05-08-08, 03:02 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

My Tunerzine Feature

Here is a link to the full feature

Click Me

Last edited by carbongs; 03-11-09 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-08-08, 03:02 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Last edited by carbongs; 03-11-09 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-08-08, 03:03 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Last edited by carbongs; 03-11-09 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-08-08, 03:08 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

tubular turbo manifold and tial 38mm wastegate purchased from bluestreakgts

before cleaning and during cleaning

thanks to our friend duke for taking off those rusted on bolts to the wastegate at ez-autoservice.

all cleaned up

I will eventually be taking the manifold up to a powder coating shop to get it heat ceramic coated for 10k degrees

Last edited by carbongs; 05-08-08 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-08-08, 03:16 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

GT35R FTMFW!!!

Last edited by carbongs; 05-08-08 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-08-08, 03:22 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damnnnn .... Many Many Mods since I have peeked ... I like how they did the interior pieces to match .. and now the Huge Turbo ?? ftw

Well well done ... with all the Cf pieces and Congrats on your feature ... Wish I had some rolling shots .. lol one day one day ..
Old 05-08-08, 03:30 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BippuPxr
damnnnn .... Many Many Mods since I have peeked ... I like how they did the interior pieces to match .. and now the Huge Turbo ?? ftw

Well well done ... with all the Cf pieces and Congrats on your feature ... Wish I had some rolling shots .. lol one day one day ..
lol, i try to keep modding as often as possible. but i like to do research on the things that i either create, modify, buy, etc... the turbo is a project that will definitely take a while. i won't be doing a huge motor build. probably just run headgasket and studs and shoot for low boost. we'll see how it unfolds. i may change it up as i go as funds become more readily available.

my friends did the carbon and i was there for most of it and i've pretty much learned the technique and got it down now. thanks about the feature. it was a huge achievement to me. i know it isn't print media but it is nice to see it on the web.

just gotta find the right photographer for the rolling shots. my friend chang is awesome with his camera!
Old 05-08-08, 06:13 PM
jspecdan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm always in awe when i see pics of your car carbongs. simply an amazing piece of art.
Old 05-09-08, 07:14 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jspecdan
i'm always in awe when i see pics of your car carbongs. simply an amazing piece of art.
thanks! i'm trying to keep it down as far as posting pics of the car. lol lots of members gave me a hard time for posting pics all the time so i am just gonna stick to updating this thread whenever something new is in the works.

Quick Reply: My GS Then to Now