GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS Then to Now

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-08, 01:17 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Finally on the road to boost I see

Don't worry it's going to be a long, expensive, and headache filled experience. BUT...it will be worth it in the end
Old 06-16-08, 01:26 PM
Brennan401
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job..Love the detail in your work. I was hoping you where going to put some boost on it.
Old 06-16-08, 01:55 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
nice progress. love the intercooler.
thanks! i want to make it stealthy!

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Finally on the road to boost I see

Don't worry it's going to be a long, expensive, and headache filled experience. BUT...it will be worth it in the end
thanks, it is going to be a long time till it is all completed. i am doing my homework so expect good things.

Originally Posted by Brennan401
Great job..Love the detail in your work. I was hoping you where going to put some boost on it.
thanks, it's gonna be a while!
Old 06-16-08, 03:21 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

boostin time
Old 06-16-08, 03:29 PM
AristoKing
Instructor

"Thanks! I wanna keep it stealthy, just wait till the boost is done then project murdered out begin."

I have to say that's a good quote.

Every time I see your car I'm like damn I wish my car look like that. I love the exterior. I have a long way to go, if I want my car to look as bad *** as yours.

"It's One Of A Kind" As Mr. Wilton Knight once said.
Old 06-16-08, 04:15 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
boostin time
yup, gots lots of other stuff i need to get before i can actually start installing

Originally Posted by AristoKing
"Thanks! I wanna keep it stealthy, just wait till the boost is done then project murdered out begin."

I have to say that's a good quote.

Every time I see your car I'm like damn I wish my car look like that. I love the exterior. I have a long way to go, if I want my car to look as bad *** as yours.

"It's One Of A Kind" As Mr. Wilton Knight once said.
lol thanks, but i get many of my ideas and help from many of the members here! i have had lots of help along the way and it is what it is because of those people. i am glad that you like it though
Old 06-16-08, 05:30 PM
LexFather

Looks sinister with the bumper off! Can't wait to see.....
Old 06-17-08, 08:03 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Very Very nice dude. I know you said the bumper was not bolted on fully but anyway to drop the intercooler a little more to have it fill in the bumper opening more? I luv the blk idea even tho I like showing the teeth morethan hiding them but you have the center teeth still shinihng so people will know your grilling some boost. Congrats and good luck with this project.
Old 06-17-08, 08:12 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKGOAT
Looks sinister with the bumper off! Can't wait to see.....
thanks lol me either!

Originally Posted by bluelex
Very Very nice dude. I know you said the bumper was not bolted on fully but anyway to drop the intercooler a little more to have it fill in the bumper opening more? I luv the blk idea even tho I like showing the teeth morethan hiding them but you have the center teeth still shinihng so people will know your grilling some boost. Congrats and good luck with this project.
yeah A, been thinking about it. that's why i mocked it up like that. i want it to actually sit on the bottom of the bumper where the grill meets the fiberglass. also i want to hack up the crash bar a bit more to get more top tilt to the intercooler. been doing lots of research and they all say to tilt the intercooler top out for better performance. thanks A, i hope that it all turns out the way i want. i am going to have a friend of minedo a photoshop of the car and what i have planned for it. but it will be for my eyes only lol. knowing if i post it on here someone else will duplicate it before i even finish lol
Old 06-17-08, 08:18 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had to cut into my crash bar aswell. I wanted the IC to be as flush as possible so you can't see inbewteen the IC and the bumper. Like Jeff said boost is a never ending project for most. Getting started is the easy part, finishing is the hard part...LOL and god does Boost hurt the pocket..
Old 06-17-08, 08:28 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bluelex
I had to cut into my crash bar aswell. I wanted the IC to be as flush as possible so you can't see inbewteen the IC and the bumper. Like Jeff said boost is a never ending project for most. Getting started is the easy part, finishing is the hard part...LOL and god does Boost hurt the pocket..
lol yeah i am trying to get deeper pockets now
Old 06-23-08, 12:01 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tony, glad to see some motor mods to go with the show...I'm always a fan of show and GO!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-08, 12:29 PM
sUpErMaNGS
Driver

that is one of the best GS ive ever seen ...

hey does an intake help save gas?
Old 06-23-08, 12:59 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Tony, glad to see some motor mods to go with the show...I'm always a fan of show and GO!!!!!!!!!
thanks

Originally Posted by sUpErMaNGS
that is one of the best GS ive ever seen ...

hey does an intake help save gas?
yes, it will save you gas however, the question is can you handle your foot on the pedal. the more heavily you drive the more gas you spend. if you use the srt intake with the ecu upgrade and drive it like a normal car you will see overall results however you can't be punching it
Old 08-19-08, 10:58 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

well the power acoustic amplifier finally died last week. i went ahead and ordered a new solobaric L7 subwoofer for the trunk. it is yet another step to making the trunk a little more stealthy looking since the new L7's are black.

I then went over to our good friend Armando at Precision Audio to get a new amplifier. To keep the budget in tact we opted to go with an Almani 1600/2 brushed aluminum series amplifier. This would still handle the L7, keep the look of the trunk clean and simple, have high quality control since the internal boards are the same ones used in Hifonics amplifiers, and not sacrifice too much out of pocket.

The trunk as it was before

Taking it apart

The new subwoofer and amplifier installed

The nitrous bottles back in and the finished product

Quick Reply: My GS Then to Now