GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Alan Gun Leather - :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-07, 06:16 PM
Giggzz
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alan Gun Leather - :(

Just wanted to give some feed back on a vendorAlan Gun Leather,AGLA Website , I used to have my 99 GS400 steering wheel and armrest redone. I mentioned to Alan over the phone before I dropped the pieces off that I’m picky about my car and want to keep it all original. He was like no problem it will be returned in oem condition.

He stated it will take two weeks to do and he gave me a loaner wheel which helped out a lot. I called him a few days after the two week period and he tells me that he had to order the leather color and it would be in the next day. Another two weeks go by and I call again, no answer, again, no answer, mail box is full cant leave a message. He finally calls me back says he is so busy, the wheel is about done that I should have it at the end of the week(5 weeks waiting). I call him at the end of the week tells me his worker broke his collar bone and he is backed up, but the wheel is done just finishing the arm rest. Tells me should be done the middle of the next week.

Finally 6 weeks and two days later I go and pick up my wheel and armrest. I was speechless. The armrest was not even close to the same color or stitch pattern that my old one was. Leather was loose, he actually took a heat gun while I was there trying to shrink the leather.

The wheel was not the right color either, had glue on my eshift buttons, and the leather looked painted. He tells me that’s a coating on the leather after I asked has it been painted. Painted! Then he tells me I told you I couldn’t get the color! Well that conversation never happen, and as I stated I’m picky about my car and its appearance. He than starts to raise his voice with me and says "I’ve done many wheels, and others are just not as picky as you are." Really, so you give someone the wrong color wheel, painted leather, glue on the exterior, and there happy about that? I read his feed back at the eBay store and wanted to leave feed back there as well, but since I didn’t purchase through EBay I cant.

Below is a picture of the armrest, the color is not as close as it appears in the picture.

All he could say was he was really busy and that was the best he could do. He did offer to redo the items but not until the end of august. If I treated my customer like that I wouldn’t have any. His professionalism as a business man was unacceptable in being one of his customers. He had other wheels there to be done, so he said, and I feel for those that have yet to receive there product. But if you don’t mind waiting a additional month to receive your product, a chance of having it done in the wrong color, painted and just plain poor communication with whats going on he just might be the vendor for you. Just didnt want anyone to have to deal with the same experience I went through, of course unless your not picky about your cars appearance.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Alan Gun Leather - :(-picture-003.jpg  

Last edited by Giggzz; 08-05-07 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-05-07, 08:11 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Ah man...thats terrible! You know you could of ordered that center armrest from leatherseats.com They're a vendor here on the forum and many members here have bought full leather interiors from them before. You can order just the center armpiece only as well. I'm sure if leatherseats has hundreds of customers here then they're doing something right. See if the guy that did your armrest will refund your money. If not take it to small claims court and make him pay for one from a more reputable manufacturer/shop.
Old 08-05-07, 08:31 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That pretty bad....The old "your just being too picky" line. I hate when a shop uses that line.
Old 08-06-07, 02:11 AM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My arm rest took me less than an hour to do with my leatherseats.com group buy order. Give him hell and see if he at leasts refunds you part of your money.
Old 08-06-07, 03:33 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Ive found that alot of the shops that do custom work arent accountable for their work. If something is wrong or not to your liking, you always get the "thats the best we can do" crap. Its good to let other people know when I shop has this attitude, so we all know to stay away. It is very hard to find a shop that stands behind their work and will go above and beyond to satisfy you
Old 08-06-07, 04:47 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

hey bro i feel your pain , i too dealt with alan , hes a short tempered short little man with no customer svc skills whatsoever. i too dropped my wheel off back in feb and was promised a 1 week turnaround , after 1 week i called and after sev attempts finally got him for him only to start yelling at me and accusing me of pressuring him so he said come pick up the damm wheel and go elsewhere.... his shop is out of his home in plantation , its run poorly and his staff of one hates him

my friend , use american stiches , they did my wheel in 2 days while i was in jamaica and as promised was waiting for me at the post office when i came back

the color was dead on , the stiching better the oem and it was tight and uniformed

to all others who may see his ebay store , DO NOT ORDER , BUY OR EVEN TALK ABOUT BUSINESS WITH THIS JOKER
Old 08-06-07, 04:57 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I have also heard good things about American Stitches, looks like they did a great job on your wheel Ed
Old 08-06-07, 05:38 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

About American Stitches...what's the total turn around time for a steering wheel re-wrap? and how much does it cost, roughly? How hard is it to take the steering wheel off if I have never done it before? Thanks.
Old 08-06-07, 06:05 AM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, that's ****ty
Old 08-06-07, 06:05 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

American Stitches is good, the turn time is around 4 weeks and will run about $500 I have done this myself and can say the work is good
Old 08-06-07, 06:35 AM
DCMango
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's almost 2 shades off. Think it somewhat unreasonable for the amount of time it took.
Old 08-06-07, 06:54 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya American stitches also did my wheel, They are awesome, they actually added the wood to my wheel aswell but they only do brown wood but I needed to have wood on their so it could be redone in the blk granite but my shop in Miami..
Old 08-06-07, 03:14 PM
Giggzz
Driver

He charged me 229 for the wheel and 150 for the armrest. He credited me back the full amount on the armrest.

His website shows all those Lexus colors yet he paints the wheels,

lex for Life, you are absolutely correct in all your statements. I feel bad for all the other people who have there wheels there waiting to be done. If there not "picky", I guess they'll be happy with what they receive.