GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Thank you CL

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-07, 08:03 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Thank you CL

Well the time has come for me to move on, so I have decided to put my beloved Silverbullet on the market. I really do not drive her that much anymore and feel its time to let her go.

CL has been a great inspiration for me these past years and I have met some good friends along the way. I really hope someone on CL will pick her and continue to pamper her as I have these past years

I will post details of the car in the F/S section within the next day or so for anyone that is interested.

Thanks

Al
Old 08-21-07, 08:58 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man first ed now you well i wish you luck with whatever project you start next
Old 08-21-07, 09:39 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck with the sale man.
Old 08-22-07, 03:18 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

I found this out lastnight from wringo during our phone conversation.. I couldn't beleive it.. All the old school guys selling there cars.. I guess its time to move on.. Someone is going to get a prestine modded Silver GS.. Best of Luck Al..

Tony
Old 08-22-07, 03:36 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to see you go, I understand the need to move on though, sometimes you just get that itch for a new project and it has to be scratched Good luck with the sale
Old 08-22-07, 04:59 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

good luck al , it has been a fun ride ( like the race on the turnpike enroute to west palm , nose to nose )

just like me i just dont drive her anymore
Old 08-22-07, 06:28 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Good luck with the sale sorry to see you go & best of luck in the future
Old 08-22-07, 06:45 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Florida's Finest!

Al, I tried my best to convince the wife how much we needed another Lexus in the family, but the answer was no! Man I wish you well on your new project and I know I'll be seeing you around and hopefully on the boards still! I appreciate all the info you have given me from the first time we met and want you to know that your inspiration is much appreciated! I'm hoping that someone on CL can appreciate the work you have placed into your car and takes care of it like you have! Man, I hate to see you let it go! Definitely one of Florida's Finest! I'll be keeping in touch my Maya brother!

The Silverbullet!
Old 08-22-07, 08:21 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dam Al, I knew this was coming from our conversations at the jm meet and afterwards. Its sad but I know we talked about her replacement so are going for the new LS now? Are selling the Supra too? I remember you telling me the Supra might go too to make room for the new big bad LS!!
Old 08-22-07, 09:30 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Al, I hope you're moving on to the big Lex ( you know )! We'll miss the silverbullet, though. Who am I gonna do stoplight burnouts with now?? Good luck with the sale - someone will be getting a really clean, well-kept alpine silver GS400 with tasteful mods.

Don't you just disappear now!
Old 08-22-07, 10:00 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

I guess over time, the vet's have to move on to new things, but it makes room for new vets.

Best of luck with the new project and be sure to come back and post pics of it
Old 08-22-07, 01:56 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks everyone! These past years have been awesome!! I love my GS to death, but the reality is I have 4 cars and never really drive the GS400. As some of you know I also have a GS300 which is my daily driver along with the Supra and a GX470. Basically the GS4 and the Supra are always parked; sometimes for weeks at a time. My wife calls them garage queens Over the weekends we always go out in the truck bcos it has more room & we can fit all my daughters stuff in the back.
The decision to sell my GS4 and the Supra has been a very difficult decision bcos I really love both cars. They give me the best of both worlds..

The reality is I need to consolidate cars by selling both and getting something really nice; perhaps then I will drive that new car more. I feel it is time to have someone else enjoy them.
I still have not totally decided what I want just yet.? Some days, like today I just want to say forget it, & keep them both but its time

I drove the new LS the other day and I was not Wow'd by how it drove. I do love all the bells and whistles it offers. Surprisingly there was a lot of wind noise in the one I test drove.

For those of you that know me, I still plan on staying within the Lexus/Toyota family so we will see.

Thanks again
Old 08-22-07, 02:03 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Hey Al, that Supra has been with you since High school right. ITs your call but IMO that is a sentimental car. At least swap that engine and tranny into the GS 300..LOL Well again, you have a great fleet of cars and best of luck..
Old 08-22-07, 02:51 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Al, I know how you feel. I sold my platinumsc because I wasn't driving it and I thought it was time to move up and move on. As much as I like my 3GS, I miss the SC. I wish I had driven it more but now it's gone.

Hopefully, you have thought this through and are at peace with the decision. After spending so much time and money on a car, it becomes a piece of you.

I'm sorta disappointed in the lack of sportiness of the 3GS but with 20's and drop, the sportiness comes out. I know you wouldn't get the LS for sportiness but a change of wheels does a lot for a car. Think of it that way. I sure wish I had one. Lexus can fix the wind noise. That car is sweet.

Good luck with the choice. Good luck with the impending sale.
Old 08-22-07, 03:06 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like a great car you built ... I am sure you will be in the seat of a new Lexus in no time ...

Great luck with the sale ...

Quick Reply: Thank you CL