GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

MOMO knob info (pics in link)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-02, 01:13 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they deliver that early???
Old 01-03-02, 01:47 PM
Silver Ghozt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Globe,

Did you figure out if you got the wrong adapter yet? Who has successfully installed a momo **** yet?

thanks,
Zach
Old 01-03-02, 02:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
The hole on the **** is way too big for the shaft.
I don't have pics, but maybe one more explanation will do it.

The **** package should have included 3 or 4 black rubber 'caps' that go on TOP of the shaft (like a condom, hehe). They are designed to match whatever thickness of the shaft with the (fixed) inner diameter of the **** (this sounds very lewd I know, but bear with me). If the cap normally goes on top of the shaft, and the **** on top of that, the screws that go through the base of the **** will be NOWHERE NEAR the rubber cap.

If you've put a hole in the cap to lower it, that web site didn't mean to lower it all the way down to where the screws are!!! Maybe that's the problem.
Old 01-03-02, 03:18 PM
Silver Ghozt
Driver

Thanks for the info, Bit. My **** has arrived and I'll be installing tonight. I'll post pics right away. I have to admit to chuckling while reading your explanation.

Zach
Old 01-03-02, 04:41 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Richie
Did they deliver that early???
They delivered at 9:30am, and my expected time-frame of awakening was around 11:30am that morning

Originally posted by bitkahuna

I don't have pics, but maybe one more explanation will do it.

The **** package should have included 3 or 4 black rubber 'caps' that go on TOP of the shaft (like a condom, hehe). They are designed to match whatever thickness of the shaft with the (fixed) inner diameter of the **** (this sounds very lewd I know, but bear with me). If the cap normally goes on top of the shaft, and the **** on top of that, the screws that go through the base of the **** will be NOWHERE NEAR the rubber cap.

If you've put a hole in the cap to lower it, that web site didn't mean to lower it all the way down to where the screws are!!! Maybe that's the problem.
thanks for the very valuable tip.

I guess I did it wrong. But the one problem is that all 3 of my adaptors were the wrong size.

And how can the screws snug into the shift lever? They're barely the thickness of the ****'s metal!

Here's a pic of what I did:
Attached Thumbnails MOMO knob info (pics in link)-knobcut.jpg  
Old 01-03-02, 04:43 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Silver Ghozt
Thanks for the info, Bit. My **** has arrived and I'll be installing tonight. I'll post pics right away. I have to admit to chuckling while reading your explanation.

Zach
hey man,

tell me how many adaptors you got, and if any of those is the perfect size for the GS. Where did you order from? Burien?
Old 01-03-02, 04:47 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Globe,

I also thought the way you did it (apparently, the "wrong" way) was the "correct" way. Even knowing the correct way, I would *STILL* opt to do it the way you did it, with the rubber adapters down near the screws because I dont want any scratches and scuffing where the screws go into the rod.

Bit, did you find that the screws dug into the metal of the shift rod a little too much leaving unsightly marks?
Old 01-03-02, 05:11 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Intellexual
Globe,

I also thought the way you did it (apparently, the "wrong" way) was the "correct" way. Even knowing the correct way, I would *STILL* opt to do it the way you did it, with the rubber adapters down near the screws because I dont want any scratches and scuffing where the screws go into the rod.
I wouldn't think that MOMO would tell people to have screws drill and scratch into the shift lever, leaving a scratch. That's why I thought you're suppose to drill into the rubber adaptor
Old 01-03-02, 06:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Intellexual
Bit, did you find that the screws dug into the metal of the shift rod a little too much leaving unsightly marks?
I haven't looked because I didn't need to take the **** off. Also, who cares? Not only can't anyone see the marks with this **** on, they sure wouldn't see them if I decided to stick the stock one back on which sits even lower (the Cobra may be closer though).

My NEW 'tall' zebrano was supposed to arrive today but the snow delayed it. Should be tomorrow. When I put that puppy on I'll take pictures.

Hey guys, maybe I did put it on wrong, but I tried following the directions and it's nice and tight so I'm not complaining.
Old 01-03-02, 07:30 PM
Silver Ghozt
Driver

Ok, guys, I have major problems. When the cap is on top and I shove the **** down on the shaft, the screws are not long enough to reach the shaft. So, I put in 2 caps, the second and lower one of which I chopped off the top. I thought that the screws would go into the rubber. I think they did, but my problem is that the damn **** still rotates around in circles. It is not totally loose, but enough to annoy. Any suggestions?

Zach
Old 01-03-02, 07:32 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

How many Lexus owners does it take to screw in a shift ****!?

Old 01-03-02, 07:35 PM
Silver Ghozt
Driver

But, seriously, bit, am I doing something wrong?? Does your shifter move around?
Old 01-03-02, 11:08 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Silver Ghozt
Ok, guys, I have major problems. When the cap is on top and I shove the **** down on the shaft, the screws are not long enough to reach the shaft. So, I put in 2 caps, the second and lower one of which I chopped off the top. I thought that the screws would go into the rubber. I think they did, but my problem is that the damn **** still rotates around in circles. It is not totally loose, but enough to annoy. Any suggestions?

Zach
Yes the screws are SUPERshort. I don't think they can even reach the rubber. If they did, they're not long enough to hold properly.

Jacked up.
Old 01-04-02, 07:24 AM
redjeeper
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

If anyone wants to get rid of their factory wood ****, can I have it?
Old 01-04-02, 07:49 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by redjeeper
If anyone wants to get rid of their factory wood ****, can I have it?
I can sell it to you. PM me or e-mail if interested.

Quick Reply: MOMO knob info (pics in link)