GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

MOMO knob info (pics in link)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-02, 07:58 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally posted by Silver Ghozt
But, seriously, bit, am I doing something wrong?? Does your shifter move around?
Mine doesn't move around at all. And although the screws are short, on mine they're long enough to get to the shaft without any rubber between.

See the picture early in this thread marked 'the right way'. The lower ring on my MOMO **** that you put on the shaft before the rubber cap on top and then the **** itself is EXACTLY the same as the one shown, so I think all MOMOs mount the same way.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 01-04-02 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-04-02, 08:42 AM
Silver Ghozt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bit,
Do you have a gs 400? MY shaft on my car is really thin and the screws dont reach. I wonder what the hell is going on? Globe, I did order from Burien and I may have to call today.

Z
Old 01-04-02, 09:47 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Hey Bit,
Do you have a gs 400? MY shaft on my car is really thin and the screws dont reach. I wonder what the hell is going on? Globe, I did order from Burien and I may have to call today.
Yes I have a GS400 with the thin shaft. You mean you can screw the screws all the way through the base of the **** and they still don't reach!? Are you screwing them in one at a time? If so, then that might be possible because you're pushing the **** away from the shaft. You need to screw in ALL 3 AT THE SAME TIME so you keep the **** equidistant from the shaft.
Old 01-04-02, 11:05 AM
Silver Ghozt
Driver

Hey Bit,
THanks for the info. I wonder if I got short screws for some reason. I bet there are different screws for different shafts. Mine are definitely too short.

Z
Old 01-04-02, 11:24 AM
Juan C. Cos

Okay guys, l haven't got my **** yet, but as everything else I buy for my cars or bikes, this thing will have to be adapted too.
I'm going to open my mouth just this time before I get it, but I have plenty of information based on this reports, and this might help some of you who already have it do something about it.

1. First off, I think instead of drilling the adapter to bring it down, I might cut it in half to leave the top portion where it belongs (to prevent the **** from wobbling on top), and bring the other half to where the screws are.
2. For the ones who still have the **** not fully secured, just find something of thin, hard plastic and cut 3 small pieces and glue them to the bottom half (if you cut it) of the adapter in the same pattern as the screws (I assume 120º apart). This will decrease the distance the screws have to reach, and will provide a solid surface to fully secure the ****.

I'm not worry about it guys; this thing is nothing compared to other "bolt-on" parts I've installed (borlas come to mind).

I'll post my experience when I get the darn thing.
Old 01-04-02, 11:26 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Bit,

Z
when did you order and why haven't you gotten it? I got mine long time ago and I think I ordered after you?!?
Old 01-04-02, 11:46 AM
Juan C. Cos

Ray, it's been 3 weeks, and I'm still fighting with that stupid company (imotorgear) and my credit card to get the charge dropped before I can order from a different place. The part was supposedly in stock, but that's obviously not the case, and I can't get a straight answer from them; just "I'll ship tomorrow", TIMES TEN, and nothing yet.
I would never get anything from that place, even if it's 75% off.

Have a great weekend, and thanks for asking. I guess I'm going to have to buy myself something else for my birthday, huh?
Old 01-04-02, 12:19 PM
Silver Ghozt
Driver

Hey Ray,

I got mine and have it on the car right now, but it swivels around on the shaft. My screws don't reach the shaft and I have them going into a 2nd adapter (whose top I cut off) but the **** still rotates quite easily. I think I need longer screws and a thicker adapter. I put the tightest adapter cap on the top, then I cut the top off the second tightest adapter under it so the screws would go into that. It's just not holding firm on the shaft. ???

Zach
Old 01-04-02, 01:09 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Ray,

I got mine and have it on the car right now, but it swivels around on the shaft. My screws don't reach the shaft and I have them going into a 2nd adapter (whose top I cut off) but the **** still rotates quite easily. I think I need longer screws and a thicker adapter. I put the tightest adapter cap on the top, then I cut the top off the second tightest adapter under it so the screws would go into that. It's just not holding firm on the shaft. ???

Zach
Mine's holding ok. not the tightest it can go but also not too loose that it'll annoy me. I put all 3 adaptors into 1 so The adaptor is fat enough to hold on tightly on the lever and at the same time letting the screws get into the adaptor.

This is weird MOMO ***** causing so much problem. When I had my RAZO it was just a screw-on screw-off job
Old 01-04-02, 05:14 PM
Silver Ghozt
Driver

Ray,
The Razo just uses the threads of the lexus? Could you explain?

thanks,
Zach
Old 01-04-02, 05:16 PM
Silver Ghozt
Driver

Cool Get your MOMO pics here!

This is the cobra in chrome/carbon.
Attached Thumbnails MOMO knob info (pics in link)-knob1.jpg  
Old 01-04-02, 05:18 PM
Silver Ghozt
Driver

Talking

Here's another shot:
Attached Thumbnails MOMO knob info (pics in link)-knob2.jpg  
Old 01-04-02, 06:16 PM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

That Momo shift **** actually is from a Cobra? looks pretty neat, it accents the wood grain quite nicely.
Old 01-04-02, 06:49 PM
Silver Ghozt
Driver

Hey Erfan,

Actually, I think the name of the shifter is "Cobra," but it is made by MOMO. Other ***** are named "Combat," "Sphere," etc.

Z
Old 01-04-02, 06:53 PM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

Oh i just got it now, the actual shifter head is shaped like a cobra's head

Quick Reply: MOMO knob info (pics in link)