GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What's the worst thing anyone has ever done to your car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-07, 07:03 PM
Downfall75
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
been hit twice in the rear - trashed the bumper covers - nothing major. had a few rock chips and door dings but the door dings were pulled out by a paintless dent repair guy.

my souvenir from getting rear ended -

c.
Now, that's creative thinking!
Old 08-27-07, 07:06 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! Thats the best piece of furniture I have ever seen
Old 08-27-07, 07:58 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
been hit twice in the rear - trashed the bumper covers - nothing major. had a few rock chips and door dings but the door dings were pulled out by a paintless dent repair guy.

my souvenir from getting rear ended -

c.
I'm thinking it would look better with a chrome trunk bar.

e
Old 08-27-07, 10:45 PM
rayy
Lead Lap

the worst/most recent..
Attached Thumbnails What's the worst thing anyone has ever done to your car?-img_4547.jpg  
Old 08-27-07, 11:40 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

On Tuesday night (4:09am) there was an old late '80s Chevy Caprice creeping through my neighborhood. I had just moved in 2 weeks ago to my friend's house near the OU campus. If you are wondering about the neighborhood, the houses range in the mid 100k dollar ranges and up. The car stopped right next to my car. My girlfriend and I were studying, so I looked out the window. I think they saw me so they drove off. The street that I stay on is a dead end. I decided that if they lived in the neighborhood, they would not turn back around. So I stood there for about 20 seconds, and before long, they came back around. The car was primered gray/black. The weird thing is: it had a spray painted 69on the passenger door. It also had cheap looking aftermarket foglights below the bumper. They drove off so fast I could not get the plates.

Wednesday night (3:50am) I see this white early '90s Pontiac Sunbird hauling *** out my street. I thought that was suspicious, but I could not do anything about it.

My reasoning was: if they wanted my car or wheels, it would take them ~5-10 minutes to accomplish. So I thought if I were awake, I would hear them and call the cops/stop them.

I didn't know someone would shoot it (takes a few seconds)! I think they were trying to shoot out the glass. It is on the pillar between the driverside window and windshield. I think it's from a strong pellet gun. I filled the dent with Loctite liquid metal. Then I sanded it with 400, 600, 800, 1000, 2000. Then I applied some touchup paint. Then waited for it to dry and buffed it with some polish and wax. Here are the pictures.

Bare metal dent:

Filler dry:

Result:

My mom is driving my car presently. I am driving her 2000 Honda Odyssey! Sorry for the long post.
Old 08-27-07, 11:46 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I had someone jump on the roof of my car before(made a bunch of BIG *** dents, and yes I made him pay for the damage + a little extra...ok no, a whole lot extra ). Other than that, just like 1 or 2 very slight dents around the car from the self roaming shopping carts in the supermarket parking lots.
Old 08-28-07, 12:25 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's not me, but some guy blew up my friend's old volvo by opening the gas cap, extending a piece of fuse down into the gas tank, and lit it on fire.

he found out who did it and they actually found fingerprints of the guy who did it. He is still in jail IIRC.
Old 08-29-07, 06:05 AM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

i fell asleep driving home from tampa once.
hit the guard rail with the driver side of the car at 80mph.
boy ill tell u what... that **** will wake you up.
told geico a deer cut me off . they bought it :-p

4500$ nap. ouchies!

oh yeah... worst of all... i did it... now that i read the thread title all the way
Old 08-29-07, 06:24 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
thats crappy last week the salesman keyed my ram right down to the metal !!
huh? on purpose? you must have taken the haggling a little too far.
Old 08-29-07, 06:40 AM
av8or4fun
9th Gear

while living in florida years ago, the owner of the office building next to ours decided to have his building painted....using paint sprayers....on a windy day (can you smell a huge case of 'dumb---' brewing here?). every car parked on the outer row of our parking lot was covered with overspray.....tiny spots of white paint over my entire car (black). needless to say, the owner of the building next door ended up paying a LOT more than he had anticipated for that job. paint one building + repaint 14 cars = IDIOT!
Old 08-29-07, 06:42 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

I cracked the bottom of my brother's JP front bumper while coming home from the gym
Old 08-29-07, 08:59 AM
rayy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by av8or4fun
while living in florida years ago, the owner of the office building next to ours decided to have his building painted....using paint sprayers....on a windy day (can you smell a huge case of 'dumb---' brewing here?). every car parked on the outer row of our parking lot was covered with overspray.....tiny spots of white paint over my entire car (black). needless to say, the owner of the building next door ended up paying a LOT more than he had anticipated for that job. paint one building + repaint 14 cars = IDIOT!
at least you got a free fresh paint job
Old 08-29-07, 09:18 AM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Seize
I cracked the bottom of my brother's JP front bumper while coming home from the gym
i would have kicked you a$$
Old 08-29-07, 09:20 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

man somthing dropped on my back seats and it ATE the leather, i will post a pic later
Old 08-29-07, 10:24 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ouch to everyone ....

;/

I hope someone keys me (hehe plans)

Quick Reply: What's the worst thing anyone has ever done to your car?