GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

This is horrible...well not really

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-07, 12:51 PM
bighitbike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is horrible...well not really

Pressing the bottom left button on the gold laced black key. Press it twice if you have people with you but once if you have just yourself. Step into the lush leather interior, and while slipping the key in a familiar sound comes to mind, the motor of the automatic telescoping wheel comes right into your hand. You look up and turn the key a bit more. The gauges, sunken in their own little pods, light up with exuberance. Turn it a bit more and and the roar of the engine boasts through the lush interior. Butterfly's start moving around in your stomach once you put it in "D." Lightly push on the pedal and you can't even feel the car move. Slam your foot onto the pedal, watch the RPM's go up just as fast as the speedometer.

Safety, excitement, control, those are all the things I feel once I step into a GS. You roll by, giving people whiplash as they see you roll by. You crank the stereo to your favorite tunes and roll down the windows and tilt the sunroof. Just cruisin' along, you and your beautiful car. The car that to me, puts just about every car on the road to shame. So distinguishable in it's exterior looks. You look in your rearview mirror at night and see two lights on each side with yellow fogs on the bottom...It's a GS. Your cruisin' a bit to fast and start coming on a wide, lux car with 4 tail lights...it's a GS.

I just thought of this because after my crash i've been driving many different vehicles. NONE of them even come close to the feeling of sitting in a GS. Everything about it is simply amazing and nobody can deny that. Whenever I see a GS my mind always wanders on the amazing possibilties of the car. Not with just looks, but with performance. JPI is about to put 1300 WHP in a luxury sedan...what other car can do that?!

Just sit down, turn the key, drive, and live. That's what happens in a GS
Old 09-03-07, 01:17 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

there's really no car like the GS... All of us that want newer cars and newer technology have to remember including myself that the GS is a one of a kind car.. Pure Luxury...
Old 09-03-07, 03:05 PM
Downfall75
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my GS more and more each day. There really is no other like it.
Old 09-03-07, 05:01 PM
rayy
Lead Lap

wow.. that's really poetic & extracts the feelings that i could not find the words to describe..
Old 09-03-07, 05:04 PM
17gs400
Lead Lap

til this days GS is still one of the best luxury sedan on the road.
Old 09-03-07, 06:11 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i love it every day since i sat in one in 99. just got my 01 2 saturdays ago and i love getting in it to push it gently
Old 09-03-07, 06:24 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is just beautiful...I don't think nobody could've said it better. This is exactly how I feel when I get into my GS.

This should be a Lexus commercial .
Old 09-03-07, 06:33 PM
k.r.e.a.m.
Pole Position

well said, absolute poetry in motion
Old 09-03-07, 06:36 PM
LexFather

Great post!!!!!!!!!!! I used to feel that way but I have to admit some of my enthusiasm has wanted.
Old 09-03-07, 07:05 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

uhh i think im going to go get my gs and take a drive after reading this again
Old 09-03-07, 08:03 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I just went for a drive tearing up the streets after reading this. Had a few good runs with people on the highway and chilled with them afterwards. Pretty cool guys. One A4 with 300whp and the other with 340whp or so. Looks like they didn't stand a chance lol. The E46 M3 owner wasn't so polite though, he flipped off after gettin beat(baaaad 7-8cars~ish) and sped away The best part is when you meet other car enthusiasts that actually appreciate how rare a boosted GS is.

Did I mention I love my car?
Old 09-03-07, 08:04 PM
sbgs400
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

weird, i've always found the GS to be a very good car but very very boring. IMO handling is soft and completely unsportslike and the automatic transmission is anything but exciting.
Old 09-03-07, 08:07 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sbgs400
weird, i've always found the GS to be a very good car but very very boring. IMO handling is soft and completely unsportslike and the automatic transmission is anything but exciting.
If you're ever in town, I'll take you for a ride in my car. Trust me, it will change your view of the GS forever . Just remember to put some towels on the seat first before we go

EDIT: Oh yeah, keep in mind my car is only about 375-400rwhp or so right now. After my new upgrades in about a month...I'll be putting down close to 650hp at the ground

Last edited by JeffTsai; 09-03-07 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-03-07, 08:13 PM
sbgs400
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

no offense jeff, i've owned a number of really fast cars, think 550whp @ around 2900lbs, i've been at the track as a driver and as a passenger with semi-professional drivers behind the wheel, i can guarantee you your GS will not elicit that kind of response from me. but if i'm ever in town....i would definitely like to see your GS.
Old 09-03-07, 08:25 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

SBGS400, I didn't know you had experience in the other cars as well. I thought you were just considering the GS as a baseline because you were talking about it in stock configuration. Yes, I'll admit it's nowhere as crazy as other cars out there. But for what it is in modified configuration as a heavy 4 door sedan...it's pretty good.

If you want REAL fun go for a ride in an Ariel Atom with a 400hp boosted motor . I almost crapped myself...that thing was so insane lol. Your eyes and organs are literally on the verge of popping out when that thing turns/accelerates/brakes. I mean it's basically an incredibly powerfuly and light street legal go-kart. The feeling is incredible in that car. I've been in a few 1000hp+ Supras and a couple of 800-1200hp Skylines in Japan. But honestly, the feel in the Atom surpasses all of those cars hands down. Weight is the #1 factor no matter what...you cant beat the physics

Quick Reply: This is horrible...well not really