GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Getting sponsored....In's and Out's

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-02, 11:15 AM
enginyr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting sponsored....In's and Out's

Anyone have expierence or knowledge on getting sponsored or actually sponsored right now?
Old 01-04-02, 11:22 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am already trying to get something done for when I get my next car.
It's tough though.
Old 01-04-02, 11:24 AM
wwest
Lead Lap

Default Charity tie in

Look the teamseattle.com web site over.
Old 01-04-02, 11:58 AM
v300
Lead Lap

stickers, appearances, media exposure for sponsors, guinea pigging, etc.

Worse... you have to endure the infamous PROCRASTINATION and false hope.

There are ups though...
Old 01-05-02, 03:57 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

i think the worst thing about being sponsored is the fact that you usually have to sign a contracted stating that u will b in xyz amount of shows...and that number of shows usually is not in the single digits and can range from east to west coast....

Boris
Old 01-05-02, 09:56 AM
sirsomo
Pole Position

I was sponsored by a local car audio retailer and it was good and bad. Before you get your hopes up, it is very hard to get sponsored by a company. They want to see past results, the shows you've attended and more.

Now, the good stuff: free products, good tech. support, free food& lodging (sometimes) and once in awhile a little money. Now the bad: having to spend about 15 weekends at shows, at first it wasnt bad, but you end up neglecting a lot of stuff. Such as friends, ladies, and other responsibilities. There is also a lot of travel, luckily i never had to leave the southeast, but it gets old. You also have to go where they want you to when they want you to.
I guess it depends on how into your car and shows you are. If you would be going to the shows anyway i would think it wouldnt be to bad. It is a major decision, i didnt really think about it until it was to late. I would probably do it again, but get all the ins and outs before you commit. Good luck
Old 01-05-02, 09:41 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Sponsorship

Sirs hit it on the money! I've been partially sponsored by Kicker ( back in the mid 80's ) & was fortunate enough to only have to do regional traveling. Have been approached by them again about re-doing the GS with their equipment ( I'm real good friends with out local rep ) but don't want to give up that much time. They dictate when & where U MUST be & sometimes it's a last minute thing. As Sirs said, the upside is usually free ( or at least heavily discounted equipment ); first shot at the newest stuff, excellent tech & install help - have been to Oklahoma & seen Kicker's onsite installation bay - SWEET!!:eek: . They'll usually give ya some form of stipend for lodging & food & if U win alot, then the cash kicks in ( but U now have to compete in the Pro or Expert divisions ). The downside's the time involved. If I were 10-15 years younger & single, I'd do it all over again because U meet people that can help ya down the line. Just NOT where I want to be at this stage of my life but's that's just MY current standpoint. Go for it if ya really want to get involved in cars. Good luck!