GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Comments on New SRT stage 3 supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-02, 08:46 PM
wcirksena
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comments on New SRT stage 3 supercharger

I just picked up my car 2 days ago after having the new stage 3 supercharger kit installed from SRT. As some of you may know, i had the previous SRT supercharger kit, and let me tell you this is ten times better. I cant express how pleased I am with it. The engine bay looks fantastic now, everyone wants to look under the hood even when they have seen it ten times already. This was a big thing for me because I thought the previous kit did not look nearly as nice as it should. Now in terms of performance this kit is also a step up from the previous one. The car is running about 8.5 PSI right now, and has not been fine tunned on the dyno yet, but it definitely feels and pulls stronger than the old kit that dynoed at 374 HP to the wheels. I also have the torque convertor on my car and with 18 inch 285 tires I can spins the wheels doing 40+ MPH. This car really is a rocket now. If anyone is considering buying this kit I would strongly recommend it, you will not regret it. And did I mention with the surge valvue, the car makes a sweet blow off sound when you let off the gas. Also one final point, this supercharger is much quieter than the old kit, which I like alot. it makes just the slightest little noise until you get on the gas and then everyone will know you got something extra under the hood. I will try to post some pics of the kit soon. But for anyone who is on the edge thinking about purchasing this kit, dont think twice, get it, and if you are still unsure, give me a call and I will take you for a ride, then there will be no doubts as to how badly this car can crush an M5.

Will C.
Old 01-05-02, 08:50 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Default MPG?

Does this Stage 3 affect your gas mileage at all? I'm guessing that it wouldn't unless you're punching the gas left and right (which would be hard NOT to do with a Stage 3).

I'm totally jealous!
Old 01-05-02, 09:04 PM
888GS430
Driver School Candidate

Congratulations!! How much did this SRT Stage 3 supercharger cost all in all?? If ever I install it,would I need to do any other mods w\ this supercharger???
Old 01-05-02, 09:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Will, what kind of BRAKES do you have on your car? How about a parachute?
Old 01-05-02, 09:47 PM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Can the Stage 3 supercharger be used for a 02 GS430? If so how long does it take for them to complete everything?

O ya, Congratulations on the new Mod, If you race any M5's make sure to tell us how bad u beat them -=)
Old 01-05-02, 10:17 PM
wcirksena
Rookie

ShowGSLuVv: Right now the supercharger cannot be used on the 430, I asked Mo about it, and it cant now becuase the engine and ECU and everythingn is different. You should call Mo at SRT if you are interested in one for a 430.

bitkahuna: I have the Brembro front brake upgrades that come on the Ferrari F40 cars, no parachute yet

kevs: The gas mileage is only really affected if you drive the car harder. But of course why would you buy a stage 3 supercharger if you wouldnt drive it harder. My mileage has gone down from maybe 300 miles to 16 gallons to about 250 or 260 about to 16 gallons, but I drive alot harder and love to light up the rear tires. But under normal everyday driving the gas mileage is pretty good, especially for a car with almost 400RWHP.

888GS430: For pricing you need to call Mo at SRT. I had the previous kit and gave Mo my car for 4 months as a favor to develop this kit, so what I payed is not the normal price of the kit. As for other things to purchase, I would definitely tell you to get a torque convertor and the valvue body upgrade for the tranny, if you dont, you will end up taking your car back and getting it later. You really need these mods to help the tranny shift fast enough to keep up with the extra power, and the torque convertor will help get that power down to the wheels very efficiently and you will launch off the line. I would also recommend some suspension work, larger wheels and better tires, and consider brakes when doing a stage 2 or 3 kit, becuase you are adding so much more horsepower, and I believe these parts should be upgraded to safely handle the extra power.

Hope this answers all your questions, if not just ask again and I will try again.

Will C.
Old 01-05-02, 10:18 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

wow your last stage kit dynoed at 374 RWHP ??? was it a stage 2?? how much total cost? you running a gs3 or gs4?? any idea on numbers for gs300?

man you have one sweet/fast ryde, now you need to take that speed limiter out so you can break the worlds fastest gs record!
Old 01-06-02, 01:20 AM
enginyr
Banned

Woweeeee Drool

I think I've seen other super charger installs go for $4k and $2k for the labor. M5's watch out !!!!
Old 01-06-02, 01:21 AM
TLEX
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Will,

Congrats on the stage 3. I dont think I can live without my GS for four months. But I bet its probably worth it.
You have got to post some pics of this beast! What is your 1/4 mile?
Old 01-06-02, 05:17 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man, please post some pics for us to drool over.
Old 01-06-02, 08:13 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: MPG?

Originally posted by kevs
I'm totally jealous!
Will,
Congrats, and I'm with kevs on this one... I'm also totally jealous! Please post some pix soon!

Originally posted by CamRen
any idea on numbers for gs300?
CamRen,
Jun (Aristov300) has an Area 51 supercharger on his GS3, Maybe he can give you some info. If you are interested, contact him at
Jmotorsport@hotmail.com
Old 01-06-02, 08:30 AM
RacingAristo

I think Jun already sold his car.
Old 01-06-02, 10:40 AM
wcirksena
Rookie

Hey guys, sorry these pics are not the best qaulity, but it is sleeting outside so the car is in the garage and most of the lights in our garage have burned out, so the lighting is pretty dark on the pics. These pics do not do the kit justice at all, but as soon as the weather clears up and gets sunny I will take the car outside and take some better pics. Hope these give you an idea what it looks like.

TLEX: I dont know what it will do in the quarter mile, I just got it back 2 days ago. Last year in about 95 degree heat it ran a 13.6@105 and the car could have gone faster that day but I was bracket racing and I ran below my time, so I lost. I believe it will be near 13.0 or faster. To give you an idea a friend of mine has a CLK 55 and ran consistant 13.5's with a killer 1.5 60 foot time, and my GS was only running 60 foot times of around 2 or 2.1, so now with some new tires and the new kit, it should be under those times easy. As for going 4 months without the car, that was killer, but the end product is worth it.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, hope the pics give you an idea how it looks, and I will post better ones soon.

Will C.
Attached Thumbnails Comments on New SRT stage 3 supercharger-dsc00004.jpg  
Old 01-06-02, 10:42 AM
wcirksena
Rookie

More pics
Attached Thumbnails Comments on New SRT stage 3 supercharger-dsc00005.jpg  
Old 01-06-02, 10:43 AM
wcirksena
Rookie

Outside of car safe in the garage from the bad weather.
Attached Thumbnails Comments on New SRT stage 3 supercharger-dsc00006.jpg  

Quick Reply: Comments on New SRT stage 3 supercharger