GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help with Exact Motorsports RCA "lowering block"

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-07, 08:58 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Exact Motorsports RCA "lowering block"

I installed the RCA's or as they call it "lowering block" from Exact Motorsports. I bought it with the intentions of lowering my Tein CS even more. I told John there that I wanted to lower my car more and he said this would do the trick and obviously correct the camber.

So my front's are on the lowest setting and install the RCA's and it was real low...It looked hot was hell, but I raised it by 1/2 inch (5 threads remained) and it was right on top of the tire (stock 17's). I noticed a strange thumping sound on some surfaces and came to find out that the upper control arm was hitting the top of the strut mount in the fender.

I called John and he told me that I can't have the car lower that I would have to raise it by another inch to clear it. Now that just totally defeats the purpose of me buying it. I thought I would be able to go lower.

So now the people who have this installed on their cars was there a way around it? Were you guys able lower it more? Please help thank you.
Old 09-15-07, 09:01 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the NORCAL section would be able to answer your question
Old 09-15-07, 11:07 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

can this be answered here? no reason for the answer to be posted in a regional section... im in nyc and would like to know
Old 09-16-07, 07:48 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

I have never heard of this before..The RCA's Ive used in the past never gave this problem..
Old 09-16-07, 07:52 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by johnee78
I have never heard of this before..The RCA's Ive used in the past never gave this problem..
Which RCA have you used? When you used it, did you use it to lower the car more then b4 the RCA? I really want to lower the car more, but with the RCA I have it seems as though I can't go lower, unless there is a way around it I dont know of.
Old 09-16-07, 08:07 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by taeng
Which RCA have you used? When you used it, did you use it to lower the car more then b4 the RCA? I really want to lower the car more, but with the RCA I have it seems as though I can't go lower, unless there is a way around it I dont know of.
I only know of one design and Im not sure what Exact motorsports is selling..I used it for the purpose of fixing my camber the extra .5 drop I got from installing it was a plus..It is installed between the lower balljoint and the steering knuckle.Once you install it raises the steering knuckle which lowers your car because its bringing the wheel closer to the fender..I have never heard of the upper arm hitting the strut mount..
Old 09-16-07, 08:27 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

What you described is exactly what I have...It lowered the car an additional inch. My car was cranked all the down on Tein CS's so I raised it about a half inch and it was hitting the top of the strut mount. What suspension did you have?
Old 09-16-07, 09:22 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Also RMMGS4 I tried PMing you for some help, but you box is full...So if you see this please chime in when you get the chance Thanks!
Old 09-16-07, 09:23 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

What you described is exactly what I have...It lowered the car an additional inch. My car was cranked all the down on Tein CS's so I raised it about a half inch and it was hitting the top of the strut mount. What suspension did you have?
I had Tein CS..
Old 09-16-07, 02:45 PM
dle
Pole Position

so how much degree camber so these lowering blocks correct?
Old 09-16-07, 06:54 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

I don't know exactly how much they correct.

Members with this exact RCA's please help me out with this.
Old 09-16-07, 09:05 PM
PineGreen
Pole Position

I don't know exactly how much they correct.

Members with this exact RCA's please help me out with this.
I think a member named Sleeper408 (or something like that) has these on his car. You might try to hit him up for help.
Old 09-17-07, 07:59 AM
papachulo
Driver

Bump for camber info.

I currently run tien CS a few threads from the bottom (1.5 finger gap all around). I am NOT interested in lowering the car more. I am interested in the affect of installing this RCA block for the sole purpose of correcting camber, not lowering the car more...

Would this be a reliable part to correct camber, with no interest in lowering the car futher?
Would there be any negative affects to this?
Where can you buy?
How difficult to install?

Thanks
Old 09-17-07, 08:05 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by papachulo
Bump for camber info.

I currently run tien CS a few threads from the bottom (1.5 finger gap all around). I am NOT interested in lowering the car more. I am interested in the affect of installing this RCA block for the sole purpose of correcting camber, not lowering the car more...

Would this be a reliable part to correct camber, with no interest in lowering the car futher?
Would there be any negative affects to this?
Where can you buy?
How difficult to install?

Thanks
It's made from billet and seems to be a reliable part to correct the camber.
Not sure if there is any negative effects.
You can buy it from Exact in Cali or I might be selling it soon if I can't lower my car more.
Install is simple...It bolts on top of the lower ball joint and longer bolts are included.

I can't believe no one with this has shined some additional light on this...I was told this was the fix the the tein CS's weak drop, but doesn't seem to be. Norcal guys lets hear some feedback.
Old 09-18-07, 12:14 AM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

taeng: I responded to your PM. I am sorry that I can't help you much.

Quick Reply: Help with Exact Motorsports RCA "lowering block"