GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Horse to the Nguyen Stable

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-07, 10:52 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what suspension are you running on the 300?
Old 09-19-07, 11:06 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

eibach pro kit with kyb shocks.
Old 09-19-07, 11:12 AM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is just something about a slammed, smooth, clean GS that makes it sooo sexy! No offense, your car is very nice... but a little bit much goin on. you have tasteful mods on yours, but i've always preffered the clean & simple look.
Old 09-19-07, 11:27 AM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The 400 is sweet! I like the last picture.
Old 09-19-07, 11:36 AM
testing
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of front lip you put on the GS400?
Old 09-19-07, 12:06 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dle
i personally like the GS400 on the left better. WAY better.
yup.

Originally Posted by carbongs
...and the other will be a show stopper...
ehhhhh.

Originally Posted by GSteg
You guys are being too harsh on him.
nope. honesty is a good thing, especially when people are constantly referring to their own car as "show" only and "show stopper". there lots of gs's out there that are far sicker and much more tastefully done (regardless of personal opinion) whos owners dont boast about them nearly as much. prime example: BLUELEX. whens the last time you heard him call his gs a "show stopper", meanwhile its hands down one of the most thought out and beautifully put together cars on this forum.

Originally Posted by LXXTASY
The GS400 looks better then the showcar GS, hate to say it. Its sleek and sharp.
agreed.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 09-19-07 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-19-07, 12:15 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
yup.

ehhhhh.

nope. honesty is a good thing, especially when people are constantly referring to their own car as "show" only and "show stopper". there lots of gs's out there that are far sicker and much more tastefully done (regardless of personal opinion) whos owners dont boast about them nearly as much. prime example: BLUELEX. whens the last time you heard him call his gs a "show stopper", meanwhile its hands down one of the most thought out and beautifully put together cars on this forum.

agreed.
thanks for the critique. only reason i call it a show car is because i do just that. attend car shows. i've never said that my car was any better than anyone else's and i have never boasted about myself. i am just another enthusiast just like everyone on this site. i look up to cars like bluelex's and hope to be at that level one day. his car in my book is a show stopper. i've never said my car is a show stopper because it isn't be any means one. just wanted to get that out there. and as always, i welcome all comments and ideas. you guys are the best and worst critics and that's great because you have the most knowledge and experience. i know i can't please everyone but all i wanted to do was share my newly acquired pride and joy with everyone here but it has gotten away from the topic. either way, thanks for the remarks both positive and negative. they have all been great indicators of character and criticism.
Old 09-19-07, 12:15 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

How is the ride with the K-sports?
Old 09-19-07, 12:17 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

it is adjustable with hard and soft adjustments. due to the current tire and wheel set up it is set on hard so it bounces a lot.
Old 09-19-07, 12:18 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not going to debate whether or not the GS300 is a "showcar" or a "showstopper", but I think everyone will agree that it is the most photographed and posted car on this board ... from the pics, that GS400 sits & looks nice. Simple & aggressive at the same time...
Old 09-19-07, 12:21 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
is that the one with the complete 01- conversion that was in the for sale section??
yes it was.

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
your cousin's already looks perfect.
suggestion if i may: do a transformation slideshow for it if you have such tremendous plans! mrhappi did one on his 1SC, was awesome!
i have done threads like that myself and this car will be no exception.

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
sorry, but like others said before, I also like the GS4 better my self

well hope everything turns out well for your plans on both cars, but i don't think your tire set up on the GS3 will work when you go lower you will have to stretch the tires, other wise i think you will have a big rubbing issue.
i know. i've done my research and am deciding on which tires to go with for the next show season. we are currently looking at falken, nitto, and cooper tires for next year. looking to do 235's in the front and 245's or 255's on the rear.

Originally Posted by markgs4
both cars look great. I know yours is more of a show car, hence the stickers for sponsors and stuff. I like the 4 too for its simplicity and clean look, but both cars look great regardless. Congrats on picking up the 400 at a great price too!
thanks!
Old 09-19-07, 12:31 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...i've never said my car is a show stopper because it isn't be any means one. just wanted to get that out there...
yes you did. you even edited where i quoted you saying it out when you quoted me. hahaa. but whatever man, enjoy your rides and ******************** <---- edited for sensitivity & complaint purposes.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 09-20-07 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-19-07, 12:38 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

... sometimes i just don't understand. but i guess i never will. thanks for the reality check on certain levels.

we all hope to be show stoppers, at least those of us who show on the show circuit. didn't mean to offend anyone or anything but is it so wrong to be ambitious?

Quote:
...and the other will be a show stopper...

ehhhhh.

i did say that it will BE a show stopper, not it is a show stopper.
Old 09-19-07, 12:41 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

yes you did. you even edited where i quoted you saying it out when you quoted me. hahaa. but whatever man, enjoy your rides and let us know how the air smells from up there mr. "NA Show GS300".
NA Show GS300 is how they differentiate between my car and others on the www.southsideimports.com forum. members there are named so due to their mods. i.e. turbo is300, twin turbo gs300, show gs, na is, and so on. and www.EliteDriven.com is a Show Car Team. that is all we do. build our cars to show.

if anyone here really knows me then they'd know how down to earth i am and how open i am to all opinions. lately it has been difficult to understand those around me.
Old 09-19-07, 12:42 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

good man, theres no point. as much as this guy says he appreciates all the critiquing and criticism from everyone along with all the supposed styling cues he gets from respected gs owners on this board and the jdm styled cars at vipstylecars, it surely isnt showing. dont want to go any more OT in the poor kids thread though, so that is all.
thanks...

Quick Reply: New Horse to the Nguyen Stable