GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Horse to the Nguyen Stable

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-07, 04:24 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take it easy fellas. lets not make any assumptions here. constructive criticism only. it would be a shame to have this thread closed on the debut thread of that beautiful 400.
Old 09-19-07, 04:58 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the GS4 is smokin hot. Color, drop, kit, wheels... to me, I'd repaint that and make it the show car. The GS3 is nice but just not my style. I like some aspects of it and can appreciate the work you have done, just looks too DUB to me. Congrats tho!
Old 09-19-07, 05:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
yes you did. you even edited where i quoted you saying it out when you quoted me. hahaa. but whatever man, enjoy your rides and let us know how the air smells from up there mr. "NA Show GS300".
Guys, comments like this do nothing to add to our Club Lexus community. Exit this thread please if you're going to attack someone's character. If you don't like his car and he asks for comments feel free to say so. But do it politely and maturely...

I've met CarbonGS in person several times and he is absolutely nothing like you're insinuating here. Nothing like it.

-------------------------
Tony, beautiful new ride congrats.
Old 09-19-07, 06:08 PM
jecko714
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brought out the big dogs to settle this...NOUGH SAID
Old 09-19-07, 07:00 PM
FrankWhite
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

left ...much more classy. my .02
Old 09-19-07, 08:43 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Back on topic please. That being said, did you ask the original owner how much those K-sports cost? I heard the build quality is not good (bushings tearing, squeaks, easily blowned shocks, etc.). Good job on the buy.
Old 09-19-07, 08:54 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Hey how much did you pay for that GS4
Old 09-19-07, 09:20 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

so the gs4 has a wald body kit? or is that just a front lip? Also what rims are on it?

I like how it sits on those rims and that front lip. Nice.
Old 09-19-07, 10:40 PM
jecko714
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=GS4_CS;2928516]so the gs4 has a wald body kit? or is that just a front lip?

if im not mistaken, its just the front lip, right?/
Old 09-20-07, 02:19 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

front lip is pn the car. the sides and rear are in the car and will be put on when we put the car in for paint. car was purchased for 12
Old 09-20-07, 02:28 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

i'm going to continue to research the k-sports. my intention is to ultimately get some sort of air ride on the GS3. thanks to everyone for turning this thread around. i'l see if I can get some up close pics of the GS4 to show u how badly it needs paint. the car is flawless other than paint.
Old 09-20-07, 07:33 AM
bverschage
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice, congrats on the new purchase
Old 09-20-07, 08:58 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Carbongs, just do what you do man...I really like your attitude when it comes to the razzzing...I admit that I've razzed ya once or twice but you always have a good attitude about it. Remember though, don't get too cocky because of a few trophies at minor shows and magazine shots from "show coverage". Stay humble, keep modding and maybe one day you'll get a full feature article in a real magazine and some 6 ft trophies from more "elite" shows....do what you do man....and keep it up
thanks, that is some of the best advice i've heard in a while! i appreciate the pointers alot!

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
i would go with Falken or one size smaller on the Nitto for the front. i changed from Falken to Nitto and it's like night and day, you might want to reasearch a little more on this.
well, it realy comes down to wheels size as well, so GL.
thanks! i think it'll really depend on who elite can get to sponsor us for next year. then i will change it up with the different sizing. as for now i still have a set of dunlops i can order. i am going to do more research before i make my decision. thanks to the club lexus search button, it makes things really easy.

Originally Posted by svt5150
I think the GS4 is smokin hot. Color, drop, kit, wheels... to me, I'd repaint that and make it the show car. The GS3 is nice but just not my style. I like some aspects of it and can appreciate the work you have done, just looks too DUB to me. Congrats tho!
hey i appreciate it. but the gs4 will ultimately become my cousin's car. he won't be showing it much so we figured we make it more drivable for him and keep it clean and classy. i can see the DUB-esque you speak of. hopefully that will all change soon.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys, comments like this do nothing to add to our Club Lexus community. Exit this thread please if you're going to attack someone's character. If you don't like his car and he asks for comments feel free to say so. But do it politely and maturely...

I've met CarbonGS in person several times and he is absolutely nothing like you're insinuating here. Nothing like it.

-------------------------
Tony, beautiful new ride congrats.
thanks dave. you da man! your car has been one of the most inspiring builds i've ever seen! thanks for setting such a good example!
Old 09-20-07, 08:59 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bverschage
very nice, congrats on the new purchase
thanks. i am working on it some today. CEL popped on but i am almost sure it is the K&N FIPK intake system. i want to make sure it'll pass emissions before i go to the tag office. thank goodness the stock intake came with the car. i will prob put that back on until we get all the paperwork taken care of.
Old 09-20-07, 09:00 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

im just here cuz i saw the word nguyen

Quick Reply: New Horse to the Nguyen Stable