GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Horse to the Nguyen Stable

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-07, 09:01 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankWhite
left ...much more classy. my .02
thanks, we plan on keeping that one the more classy one!

Originally Posted by whazzzzuup
Back on topic please. That being said, did you ask the original owner how much those K-sports cost? I heard the build quality is not good (bushings tearing, squeaks, easily blowned shocks, etc.). Good job on the buy.
i did not but for the price i paid for the car it was a steal. i will have to look into it more now that you say that. since i will be putting it on the gs3 i need to make sure it is at least a quality setup.

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Hey how much did you pay for that GS4
Old 09-20-07, 09:19 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I am happy to see that this thread seems to be headed back in the right direction but I must say that I am a bit disappointed at some of the responses. Why do we have so many haters on here when we are all supposed to be here for the same reason. If you want to judge who's cars are better or more nicely done then become a judge for NCCA or something. I am getting tired of seeing people attempt to blast or pick apart someone else's car because it is not their idea of a top notch show car or whatever. Some of us know that we will never be able to reach the level of Adrian, Dave or Socal but we still love our cars just the same. I have met both Adrian and Dave both have outstanding GS but they did not talk down to me or Tony or belittle us in any way. So why do others think they have the right to do it? You may not like Tony's car but it won't keep him from winning trophies he already has a ton of them from both local and regional shows. He doesn't post pics of his car so that you guys can ohhhh and ahhhhh over it. He does it because he goes to a lot of shows and covers them for Team Elite then he is nice enough to share the footage with the CL community because you guys are supposed to be enthusiasts and he thinks you might enjoy it. If not then next time he posts some up just don't open it. Don't take something that Tony enjoys and try to make it less fun for him with your insults and comments I don't care if you built the first 2nd GEN GS from scratch in your own back yard and have been in every magazine known to man. He doesn't deserve this kinda treatment nor does anyone else. We are all here to enjoy our cars and too make friends. Some of us will meet at various events as time goes on and it doesn't make sense to have bad blood between people and trade harsh words. With that said nice pickup Tony I hope you have a great time with the new car.
Old 09-20-07, 09:20 AM
GQD_GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well said, automan. carbongs, you have maintained a pretty cool head despite all the heat you have taken throughout this thread. Props to you, and nice cars!

Originally Posted by Automan
Well I am happy to see that this thread seems to be headed back in the right direction but I must say that I am a bit disappointed at some of the responses. Why do we have so many haters on here when we are all supposed to be here for the same reason. If you want to judge who's cars are better or more nicely done then become a judge for NCCA or something. I am getting tired of seeing people attempt to blast or pick apart someone else's car because it is not their idea of a top notch show car or whatever. Some of us know that we will never be able to reach the level of Adrian, Dave or Socal but we still love our cars just the same. I have met both Adrian and Dave both have outstanding GS but they did not talk down to me or Tony or belittle us in any way. So why do others think they have the right to do it? You may not like Tony's car but it won't keep him from winning trophies he already has a ton of them from both local and regional shows. He doesn't post pics of his car so that you guys can ohhhh and ahhhhh over it. He does it because he goes to a lot of shows and covers them for Team Elite then he is nice enough to share the footage with the CL community because you guys are supposed to be enthusiasts and he thinks you might enjoy it. If not then next time he posts some up just don't open it. Don't take something that Tony enjoys and try to make it less fun for him with your insults and comments I don't care if you built the first 2nd GEN GS from scratch in your own back yard and have been in every magazine known to man. He doesn't deserve this kinda treatment nor does anyone else. We are all here to enjoy our cars and too make friends. Some of us will meet at various events as time goes on and it doesn't make sense to have bad blood between people and trade harsh words. With that said nice pickup Tony I hope you have a great time with the new car.
Old 09-20-07, 09:25 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Thanks Mark and GQD GS4.

Mark - you always have the right attitude. I am thankful to have you as a fellow competitor and team mate!
Old 09-20-07, 09:27 AM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep your head up Tony, your car is done for you not me. Stop with this thread and put up your Nopi pictures already sir.
Old 09-20-07, 09:36 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
im just here cuz i saw the word nguyen
Tila Nguyen ?? I thought this was going to be another model photoshoot from brought to us by carbongs.

Sweet addition man. I have always wanted a GS4 next to my GS3 in my driveway. Good luck with her and I hope you and your cousin enjoy the car.
Old 09-20-07, 09:43 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

we sure will thanks. i am getting more pics of the model shoot but will have to link them or something since they are NWS per club lexus regulations.
Old 09-20-07, 02:13 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
but ill tell you this, if we park together at a venue, minus your carbon fiber shift boot, tvs, neon led and headlight eyebrow points they give out to every car just for "having stuff" and not for building a car that flows, i will place over you. peoples choice awards? mine. 9 out of every 10 people will stop and use the last shot on their camera to take a picture of the 430 instead of yours.
is it just me or does this make anyone else want to see a photo of upstates car? or would i just be starting another fight on this thread...? you know what, on second thought... nevermind. Upstate can you just PM some photos of your car.... i just wanna see for myself. thanks!
Old 09-20-07, 02:29 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

i wouldn't go there BM...if you really wanted to see the gs and didn't have intent to stir things up here again, you would have just PM'd me. the passive aggressive conversation you had with yourself that you decided to post instead of deleting was just a dumb idea. i was asked to step out of this thread, im not about to start posting pics in it to fuel any more fires. my name's mike by the way.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 09-20-07 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-20-07, 02:33 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

You got a PM, Mike...
Old 09-20-07, 03:55 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
im just here cuz i saw the word nguyen
Family Guy reference: Na goo yen.........don't worry, I know how it's pronounced.

In addition to those 2 GS's, no one mentioned the freakin size of his house

Keep it up carbongs. Glad for guys with enthusiasm like you that keep the GS sparks going
Old 09-20-07, 04:06 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

thanks man!
Old 09-20-07, 04:43 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I can honestly say that I think Tony's words were just misread or were interpreted wrong. Sometimes words on forums are hard to figure out cuz we don't have the benefit of knowing what tone they were said in. It happens but good old Tony has taken his butt whooping like a man and never lashed back at anyone for liking the GS4 over His GS3. I have had the benefit of meeting Tony and had a couple conversations, be it short, but still in those few minutes we did speak he never gave me the impression like he was cocky or anything of that sort. He just has a very strong passion for the scene right now. I can understand that. I used to go to shows everyweekend and feel the same way back than. Now I just kick back and schedule out a few shows a year to attend. I just don't have the time I used to with two kids. Congrats on the new GS Tony. I hope it works out for you...
Old 09-20-07, 04:51 PM
BAD RIDES

Originally Posted by GSteg
Honestly is only good if it has any merits. Looks are based on preferences. Just because certain people have different preference that may not live up to a particular standard does not mean his/her car isn't good.

You can't really say there are better looking GS that are tastefully done, while excluding personal opinion. There is no standard. It's an oxymoron. Looks and preferences coexist with each other. You judge looks based on your own preference.

I, for one, absolutely hate slammed cars because it looks ugly to me. I cringe when people suggest others to slam their car. The nasty camber looks retarded.But I wouldn't go around making comments about it just because it's not what I like. There are other people out there who look at our cars and wonder why we put body kits, LED, taillights, etc on a luxury car. Would they be wrong because they do not like what we like? of course not.

If a person is proud of his/her car, he/she will boast about it. Nothing wrong with having pride. If everyone had the same standard, all GS on this forum would look the same. Quite honestly, a lot of trends I use to like now looks boring.

[/discussion]
I agree well put
Old 09-20-07, 04:56 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
I can honestly say that I think Tony's words were just misread or were interpreted wrong. Sometimes words on forums are hard to figure out cuz we don't have the benefit of knowing what tone they were said in. It happens but good old Tony has taken his butt whooping like a man and never lashed back at anyone for liking the GS4 over His GS3.
Tony, you're ok in my book for this reason alone (not that it matters to you or anyone else)

Quick Reply: New Horse to the Nguyen Stable