GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

***Twin Turbo GS400***

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-07, 06:23 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Is there a video of this GS4...
It just so happens that I shot some video of the car at NOPI I will upload it to Streetfire and link it.
Old 09-24-07, 09:07 AM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a single pic that was posted on a local forum...
Attached Thumbnails ***Twin Turbo GS400***-wide-body-gs.jpg  
Old 09-24-07, 09:22 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

I think this was done by Sound Performance here in Chicago....at least that's the rumor that I heard...
Old 09-24-07, 09:54 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh so pretty. Not sure of the numbers but it certainly is quite a sight.
Old 09-24-07, 09:56 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

If only the rest of the car looked that good.
Old 09-24-07, 09:59 AM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

that's way crazy, definitely one of a kind.
Old 09-24-07, 10:00 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not a hater and I can appreciate someone taking it to the max with a show car. This car will make Paul the top Dog in the Lexus Wild/Elite class on the show circuit without a doubt. It will also have him up with the overall elite class at the bigger shows where the big reward money is given usually in the $500-1000.00 buck range, shoot DUB gives something like 3k to their best of show car at each show as a reward. Their is nothing wrong with that at all if you are in it for winnng, rewards, noriety, and the pimp factor of being one of the big dogs at the shows who people come to see. Some poeple have different veiws & aspirations for the show scene and some have lower set goals. Nothing wrong with having different goals in the same show scene is there? Who are we to judge, what is claasy to some is plain to others. Whereas what is plain to others is classy to us. Some people think "VIP" is the way to go right now, yet a lot of people don't like the dump car on the floor look and think curtains belong on your home windows not in your car, or Pretzels should be eaten not hung up on your car mirror. Same as The "Dub"/ "donk" style. Some think Ladders should be used to change ceiling light bulbs and not used for climbing into your car or that Diamonds belong on your watch or necklace rather than in your wheels.

With that being said I give Paul much credit for going over the top and investing a lot of money into this car. But I just sit back and think quality should have been better considering the money we all know was spent to build this car. The Motor is fantastic. This car wasn't drieven is was trailered there, pushed off and pushed back on, My buddy was in a booth near Paul's booth and saw it rolled around. But still once this set up is complete it will be the best looking TT gs400 set up I have ever seen and probably around. But I have to sit and wondor what was the shop thinking with that widebody? I hate to say and sound like a hater but it looks like a fender add on kit that was fabricated to look like a widebody. It just looks like it was fabbed up and clued on. It almost looks like its going to fall off and be counterproductive when the air gets trapped in the rear vents with nowhere to go. I'm trying not to be negative but the execution of the widebody looks way off to me but again at shows this car will be a hit and Considering its a true full all show car it was built to do exactly what we are doing now. Talking about it a lot as we leave a show after seeing it in person or online, for good or for bad.

Last edited by bluelex; 09-24-07 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-24-07, 10:09 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Whoa, wat happened to the rest of the car!??????!
Old 09-24-07, 12:24 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That engine bay gives me goose bumps.........Awesome.
Old 09-24-07, 12:27 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

wow bro thats a .. a.. something nuts i cant even think of words to describe it
Old 09-24-07, 01:34 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Awesome engine bay...would definitely like to see it running and some performance numbers. Although I think it was built more for show and not for go.... Very different car than the one I saw at SEMA couple of years ago when he was there. Definitely not feeling the body work on the car. If you're going to spend the money, then spend it and have everything done top notch. Looks like all the money was spent on the engine and very little left over for the body work. He definitely is trying some different things, to which I applaud his efforts. Just not my style either.
Old 09-24-07, 03:48 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

The body work seems like it was done by hq customs. Same shop that did my brothers del sol. On my brothers car the paint looks good from far away, but up close its a tragedy(horrible prep work). I noticed several flaws on Pauls car as well. Im not hating on Pauls car in anyway, but im giving a heads up to anyone whos looking to get work done. I know Paul personally becaues we have done business before and the car is awesome for a "show" car, but a bit overkill for my taste. Im also jealous that its on its way to being twin turbo and im stock.
Old 09-24-07, 04:12 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...so does it run?
Old 09-24-07, 05:32 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

I think it would look better if he just took off that wide body with those rear fender flares, and instead of just throwing red film on the headlights, if he painted the inside of the headlights red.
Old 09-24-07, 06:27 PM
LexFather

Oh my! That is something! Love the engine bay.

As for the bodykit, I believe that is actually a kit for the Benz E-class. Wheelbases are different so it would not be a direct fit. I am sure they are working on it.

Quick Reply: ***Twin Turbo GS400***