GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

***Twin Turbo GS400***

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-07, 06:36 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dope engine..dope trunk...
Old 09-25-07, 03:38 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just saw the pic of the overall car and just think the widebody looks terrible, I understand its a show car but it just doesnt fit with the car. A traditional type of widebody would have looked much better, one that would match the lines of the car and widen the fender areas a bit but not too much
Old 09-25-07, 06:05 AM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats a great looking engine
Old 09-25-07, 06:28 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CLEAN... Can't wait to see it running
Old 09-25-07, 03:41 PM
TactiCOOL
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow...WTF happened to that thing. I met and Talked to Paul before...Cool guy and really laid back. We chatted for a while at a show in Arkansas last year. His car was Red at the Time...
Here's a pic that i took a while back of it...

It wasnt to bad to be honest, interior was a lil iffy but it had some Kick *** stuff done...It was trailered on and off

As for the new Wide BODY...OUCH...
I asked him about Club Lexus but he said he doesnt log in..He knows about the site but doesn't register...Don't know...
Old 09-25-07, 03:55 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That widebody debacle borders on the edge of ricey. Sheesh.
Old 09-25-07, 06:43 PM
vborder
Lead Lap

Thats the best one i ever seen Man, you make me sick!
Old 09-25-07, 07:47 PM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

love the engine and the headlights!! im not too keen on the wide body kit though
Old 09-26-07, 08:01 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the rear widebody reminds me of the Mercedes Benz CLK DTM. it looks completely out of place on the GS. the front fenders look pretty good though.
Old 10-05-07, 02:20 PM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cHiTwNGS43
I think this was done by Sound Performance here in Chicago....at least that's the rumor that I heard...
The car does run, but is still in stages of fabrication. no dyno numbers yet.

The Kit was designed and built by Chris of C.M. Racing in Palatine IL.
Chris designed and built the TT kit in my SC400.
Old 10-05-07, 09:31 PM
dcz
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I talked to the guy and he was quite rude. I asked him what numbers he had and he laughed at me and said "1000hp" in a condesending voice. People on other forums said his car doesnt run. I was interested in talking to the guy about his car, but after he blew me off and treated me like I was a fool, i decided to leave.

I like the engine bay, but the car isnt my taste overall.
Old 10-06-07, 09:39 AM
chrisman
Driver

i just noticed the thread yesterday-so i might as well chime in..
i could get specific about pauls car, so ask if you guys have any questions--

his car does run--but cant boost yet.. there are still alot of things to do, take care of..
dcz--im surprised paul was rude to you,, he usually loves talking about the car--maybe he was having a bad day..
hes been trying to make as many shows as he can, while the work is getting done.. after all,, he does have alot of sponsors, so he is obligated somewhat..
he is aiming at 1000 hp--the twin gt35r's can do it--but it takes alot more than just air.. the drivetrain has had no mods-as far as i know- except for a diff.. im trying to get him to go to a six speed-getrag,, but theres only a few around here..
then of course theres the engine management.. paul is getting "advice" from everyone,, but i like keeping things simple..
its all do-able,,but if it was easy, there would be 1000 hp lexus all over the place..
there are 2 sets of injectors-- the original are still in place,, and the second set-which are in the top part of the intake.. eventually,, it will have a staged injection setup--the second set coming on with the turbos--maybe even with a secondary fuel-alchohol..
now,, what do you do with a 1000 hp? brag--i guess.. the boost will be turned down--for everyday duties.. the car is not driven daily-red head lights-shaved door handles-etc,,, but paul does claim he will be driving it daily-well see..
Old 10-10-07, 06:26 PM
RAYRAY
Driver

Well well looks good, thank GOD chris, hey does that mean iam next??? cause I WAS AT ONE TIME BEFORE SOMEONE BUTTED IN, lol..... to be contuned....
Old 10-10-07, 06:54 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisman
i just noticed the thread yesterday-so i might as well chime in..
i could get specific about pauls car, so ask if you guys have any questions--

his car does run--but cant boost yet.. there are still alot of things to do, take care of..
dcz--im surprised paul was rude to you,, he usually loves talking about the car--maybe he was having a bad day..
hes been trying to make as many shows as he can, while the work is getting done.. after all,, he does have alot of sponsors, so he is obligated somewhat..
he is aiming at 1000 hp--the twin gt35r's can do it--but it takes alot more than just air.. the drivetrain has had no mods-as far as i know- except for a diff.. im trying to get him to go to a six speed-getrag,, but theres only a few around here..
then of course theres the engine management.. paul is getting "advice" from everyone,, but i like keeping things simple..
its all do-able,,but if it was easy, there would be 1000 hp lexus all over the place..
there are 2 sets of injectors-- the original are still in place,, and the second set-which are in the top part of the intake.. eventually,, it will have a staged injection setup--the second set coming on with the turbos--maybe even with a secondary fuel-alchohol..
now,, what do you do with a 1000 hp? brag--i guess.. the boost will be turned down--for everyday duties.. the car is not driven daily-red head lights-shaved door handles-etc,,, but paul does claim he will be driving it daily-well see..
Why are we running 16 set of injectors? What EMS are you going to use? What is the current fuel set up? I'm guessing it has the return fuel system. It will take a lot more to run 1000whp on this set up. Please fill us in with the details. Thank you.
JPI
Old 10-10-07, 07:04 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The engine bay is awsome but like everyone mentioned, the body has to go. I wonder what it will take to get to his goal of 1000hp. I wish Paul all the luck. Hope to see this project come to fruition and hope he's got plans on how he will get the 1000hp to the ground.
-Will

Quick Reply: ***Twin Turbo GS400***