GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

***Twin Turbo GS400***

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-07, 07:30 PM
greyBLITZ
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, that engine bay looks beautiful! I really like how it is set up. Although I'd have to agree with everyone else about the body though. However, that is certainly a lot of work that has been put into it and is definitely unique. Never seen one like that before! Hope to see more pics.
Old 10-11-07, 09:21 AM
chrisman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ray ray,, yea,, your next.. for everyone who is wondering what hes talking about,, i have a small 1 person shop,, and ray has an sc400 whos gettin TT and a few other things..
some of you you guys were asking about 16 injectors-and why.. well frankly,, you need to alot of fuel to make 1000+.. and it is alot easier to get that much fuel into the motor with 2 sets of injectors.. now, if the car were a "race car",, and a standalone ems were used,, and driveability and idle were of no concern,, i guess one set of large injectors would suffice..
BUT,, since the car will spend 95% of the time just driving around and "no boost",, i think the stock injectors in the stock location with the stock ems cant be beat..
also, as many of you guys know,, this car has a drive by wire throttle body.. even though there is a throttle cable going to the throttle,, the ecu actually controls the throttle--not your foot.. needless to say,, once you start changing things like the injectors,, you may end up on a road of endless frustration/cost..
so,, "in my opinion" a seperate set of injectors that can be run by a seperate controller, "independant" of the fact ecu, is an alternative that works..
there are many controllers that are out there that can do this,, some, like a new one from aem--"fuel and ign controller" are made specificallyfor this type of application and also retard timming and made to work on newer cars..
lastly,, a seperate independant fueling system alows you to run a seperate fuel--like either alcohol or high octane gas,, used only when you need it, specificaly under boost.. so there is no need to run high octane fuel all of the time just for driving around..