GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

So how fast is a 400HP Boosted GS300? (Video Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-07, 03:05 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts
Smile So how fast is a 400HP Boosted GS300? (Video Inside)

I went out for a few high speed highway passes tonight. Absolutely no cars out on the highway at 1AM on a weekday, I probably saw one car every 1-2 miles on the highway. A few people have PM'd me about how fast my car is...well here are some videos to demonstrate

However, I was pissed that I didn't get a video of me pulling 3 cars on a Pontiac GTO 6.0 . I think I need to rig up some kinda 360'degree camera mount for my car so I don't miss these Kodak moments. Have one camera facing out each window lol

At the very end there's a video where I run one of my buddies with a RX8 spraying nitrous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afspuF9JxgQ
Old 10-02-07, 03:14 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

great vid ... are you just using the eshift to change gears ?? and is it the stock tranny ??
Old 10-02-07, 03:15 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sweetness! And is the transmission stock? can't wait till I'm done with school so I can have a real job so I can have forced induction.

PS: Thanks for the video. I needed break and motivation to study for my finance exam today.
Old 10-02-07, 03:27 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep completely stock transmission. I've actually been beating the hell out of it this week to test it's limits to see if it will blow. I'm surprised it's held up to all the abuse I've put it through. I don't even have the vavle body, sprag upgrade, nor a transmission cooler lol. Call me crazy or whatever, but my new race built tranny is coming in next week so I don't really care about this one. And, yes I'm putting one some serious cooling for the new race tranny. Two big huge transmission cooler with powerful fans on both. Also, for any of you guys running significantly more power than stock through the tranny....MAKE SURE you use synthetic automatic transmission fluid. It makes a HUUUUGE difference. I'd recommend Amsoil ATF. It doesn't slip until the transmission is extremely hot and it also sheds the heat a lot faster than conventional fluid. I completely annhilated the stock toyota T-IV atf within about 1k miles. It was really dark and burnt 1k miles after a full flush. I've been running this Amsoil stuff ever since and it's been a hard boosted 6-7k miles and still shows no signs of degradation.

EDIT: Yes I was shifting with the eshift buttons whlie holding the camera lol. You can see the gear number in the gauge cluster. Also, the trick to being able to run the stock tranny at these power levels is to let off between shifts for about 1 second so it has a chance to fully enage the next gear. Listen closely and you can hear the BOV between gears. If you just keep it pinned, it's gonna slip like crazy. A valvebody upgrade fixes that so you can keep the gas pinned...keep that in mind for those of you future FI guys.

Last edited by JeffTsai; 10-02-07 at 03:37 AM.
Old 10-02-07, 03:40 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Yep completely stock transmission. I've actually been beating the hell out of it this week to test it's limits to see if it will blow. I'm surprised it's held up to all the abuse I've put it through. I don't even have the vavle body, sprag upgrade, nor a transmission cooler lol. Call me crazy or whatever, but my new race built tranny is coming in next week so I don't really care about this one. And, yes I'm putting one some serious cooling for the new race tranny. Two big huge transmission cooler with powerful fans on both. Also, for any of you guys running significantly more power than stock through the tranny....MAKE SURE you use synthetic automatic transmission fluid. It makes a HUUUUGE difference. I'd recommend Amsoil ATF. It doesn't slip until the transmission is extremely hot and it also sheds the heat a lot faster than conventional fluid. I completely annhilated the stock toyota T-IV atf within about 1k miles. It was really dark and burnt 1k miles after a full flush. I've been running this Amsoil stuff ever since and it's been a hard boosted 6-7k miles and still shows no signs of degradation.

EDIT: Yes I was shifting with the eshift buttons whlie holding the camera lol. You can see the gear number in the gauge cluster. Also, the trick to being able to run the stock tranny at these power levels is to let off between shifts for about 1 second so it has a chance to fully enage the next gear. Listen closely and you can hear the BOV between gears. If you just keep it pinned, it's gonna slip like crazy. A valvebody upgrade fixes that so you can keep the gas pinned...keep that in mind for those of you future FI guys.
yes i noticed that lol but alot of work to only a 28k mile motor ?? also i think 2 tranny coolers is wayy overkill just 1 large should do the trick
Old 10-02-07, 03:46 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't even have the vavle body, sprag upgrade, nor a transmission cooler lol. Call me crazy
you're crazy. I'm surprised it's still holding up too...but that sucks you have to let go of the gas between shifts for 1 second. Did you beat a GTO driving like that?
Old 10-02-07, 06:40 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VERY COOL nice work
Old 10-02-07, 06:43 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Hey Jeff, what would you say your 0-60 time is? Albeit you're pausing between gear shifts.
Old 10-02-07, 07:06 AM
Supraownzu
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i definetly vote for only 1 large cooler. dont foreget you also need the tranny fliud to be at temp for it to work correctly. if it never reaches that point or takes a long time to do it, you may have adverse affects.
Old 10-02-07, 07:07 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DarKnight
Hey Jeff, what would you say your 0-60 time is? Albeit you're pausing between gear shifts.
0-60 times? Only magazines and 2IS owners count that lol.

Nice setup JeffTsai
Old 10-02-07, 07:09 AM
j0xxx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude thats sweet im ready to dee your car on the 14th
Old 10-02-07, 07:32 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I went out for a few high speed highway passes tonight. Absolutely no cars out on the highway at 1AM on a weekday, I probably saw one car every 1-2 miles on the highway. A few people have PM'd me about how fast my car is...well here are some videos to demonstrate

However, I was pissed that I didn't get a video of me pulling 3 cars on a Pontiac GTO 6.0 . I think I need to rig up some kinda 360'degree camera mount for my car so I don't miss these Kodak moments. Have one camera facing out each window lol

At the very end there's a video where I run one of my buddies with a RX8 spraying nitrous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afspuF9JxgQ
Nice vid Jeff. You need to take on the big boys and not these pesky ricer cars. How about a vid with your friends M5?
Old 10-02-07, 08:00 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nice video Jeff... So when using the e shift, you have to let off the gas between shifts? I've never used the eshift before but looks like I have some practicing to do.
Old 10-02-07, 08:19 AM
AW99GS400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff u think u can smoke my friends Noble M400 or gonna be close ? I told him about ya car, he thinks i am full of shXt lol.

adrian
Old 10-02-07, 09:09 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice pulls, but is that normal that your GS300 tops out at around 120mph? Your tach shows your RPM's are pretty high up there in your final gear approaching 120mph...why is this?

Quick Reply: So how fast is a 400HP Boosted GS300? (Video Inside)