GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Another Soccer mom gets another one of us!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-07, 07:18 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

damn that sux had the same thing happened to me when i had my accord no note or any information had to come out of pocket cause I had liability. Good luck getting it fixed.
Old 10-25-07, 06:39 PM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, just to keep you posted on things, this is what I got from interoffice email:

Hi Will,
I am sooooooo so sorry. I didn't even realized I did that until I went into the back of my car to teether down the dog cage I had "sliding around back there". I felt something "bang" in the back of the car but I thought it was the dog cage hitting the inside of the car. When I saw the side of the car and the lug nut cap missing I couldn't believe it and called Abbott right away and reported my suspicions. Again I am sorry. I have the information from my insurance company and will give that to you.

Thanks,

Linda

Ok, so that went all well and good. I saw her the next morning and she gave me this big hug... they, I mean it felt really nice . I hid that $1600 quote. I went to an I-CAR certified shop. They came out to $2177. This is all for:

Bumper Cover
Headlight (It got scuffed)
Foglight (The screw mounts busted)
Corner Light (It cracked)
"Platinum Series" Decal
Fender Liner (It Cracked Too)

and all other goofy things and doo-hickies that is required.

But it looks like I will get $600 in cash for all this. I had bought some HID headlights and yellow foglights for the car already, just waiting for spring to arrive to install. There is no need for the foglight and headlight new anymore. The adjuster on the phone told me they will just cut me the check for those.

Originally Posted by piratesoul
That sucks. Let me know if you need a good body shop in the wester burbs (Naperville). My neighbor owns a couple of car-star shops and has done a lot of work for me.
Yah unfortunately I'm way up by Waukegan area. I ended up with Central Auto body. But thanks tho!!

My sister lives out there in Naperville, her husband is a gym teacher at Naperville High School, btw

Last edited by flipicanez; 10-25-07 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-25-07, 07:32 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

another sad day to the lexus community ;(

sorry to see the damage
Old 10-26-07, 07:07 AM
piratesoul
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with the repair. If oyu ever need wheels or tires I do a lot of business with and know the owner of Waukegan tire and can hook you up.
Old 10-26-07, 07:45 AM
NBart
Pole Position

Am I to understand that she works in the same building as you? That sucks. At least you got the hug. Good luck in fixing the car.
Old 10-26-07, 08:01 AM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by piratesoul
Good luck with the repair. If oyu ever need wheels or tires I do a lot of business with and know the owner of Waukegan tire and can hook you up.
Funny you say that, that is where I take in my cars for repair work. Steve is the shiznit when it comes to alignments. In fact I'm taking the Lex there today for an oil change. They are the only mechanics I would trust with my cars. Thanks and good looking out tho!

Originally Posted by NBart
Am I to understand that she works in the same building as you? That sucks. At least you got the hug. Good luck in fixing the car.
Not only in the same building, but like 5 cubicles away from me.
Old 10-26-07, 09:05 AM
piratesoul
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipicanez
Funny you say that, that is where I take in my cars for repair work. Steve is the shiznit when it comes to alignments. In fact I'm taking the Lex there today for an oil change. They are the only mechanics I would trust with my cars. Thanks and good looking out tho!
I sold them their aligner and all of the equipment for the shop. Do you like the recessed alignment racks that we put in so cars don't scrape pulling on to them?

Last edited by piratesoul; 10-26-07 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-26-07, 05:23 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

the damage is not 1600, just need the bumper repainted, and fender repaired and painted. if you are in town, I can get yours fixed for 400, nice job too, not those one day paint job.
Old 10-26-07, 07:55 PM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blacksc400
the damage is not 1600, just need the bumper repainted, and fender repaired and painted. if you are in town, I can get yours fixed for 400, nice job too, not those one day paint job.
I'm not paying for it, its up to her insurance company. The headlight was scuffed, the foglight mount broke and the bumper and fender liner is cracked. The estimate is in post 17.

Last edited by flipicanez; 10-26-07 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-27-07, 05:59 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Hope you get this resolved.. Accident are never fun and can be very stressful.. GL and keep us posted..
Old 10-27-07, 06:49 AM
R.DUB
Driver

Sounds like a good hit & run, if there is such a thing. She's very cool to call security and confess. You come out ahead - Congrats!
Old 10-27-07, 07:01 AM
Lexamatic
Pole Position

Not fun for sure. This kind of thing happens about once a month at my office. I park far from the building to avoid the clock watching zombies that come tearing in right before 9am. Most of them would just assume run you over as look at you when crossing the parking lot. A little extra walking is always good.
Old 10-27-07, 08:44 PM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Well so far the car goes in Monday for the full estimite. Farmer's Insurance...go figure. They want to use "reconditioned parts". I just hope I don't get a little 4-banger Toyota Corolla for the rental car. Now that would be the killer. Oh well, at least its going to get fixed, by an I-CAR shop, thats all that matters. And it helps that its a Toyota/Chevrolet dealership's body shop that is doing the butcher work.

Last edited by flipicanez; 10-28-07 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-27-07, 09:45 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

damn man, sorry to hear...if this wuda happened to me i wuda flipped..
and forget teh hug...i wud accept nothing short of a..

LOL, ima stop..just kidding.

Sorry to hear...but at least ur gonna get reimbursed...

gluk with the repair...hopefully itll be as good as new
Old 10-29-07, 05:16 AM
piratesoul
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipicanez
Well so far the car goes in Monday for the full estimite. Farmer's Insurance...go figure. They want to use "reconditioned parts". I just hope I don't get a little 4-banger Toyota Corolla for the rental car. Now that would be the killer. Oh well, at least its going to get fixed, by an I-CAR shop, thats all that matters. And it helps that its a Toyota/Chevrolet dealership's body shop that is doing the butcher work.

Must be Classic huh? Check out their new dealership I sold all the equipment in the shop.

Quick Reply: Another Soccer mom gets another one of us!!