GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

JET ECU Tuning - Sounds Interesting

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-07, 11:16 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default JET ECU Tuning - Sounds Interesting

Hey guys, well there are alot of scams with people selling little black boxes claiming to give you HP and TQ increases all over the internet, but today I came across something interesting ...

http://www.performancecenter.com/pro...y+ECU+Upgrades

According to the website, You have to send your ECU to the company and they tune it there at their location, then ship it back. No Add-on to ECU, they re-program your existing one ... Anyone willing to try it? sound like it might work. I would be the guinee (sp) pig but I jus don't have the $$$ flow right now, gotta go to court for a speeding ticket
Old 10-26-07, 12:20 PM
pimplux808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so there saying its like a reflash ? .............

i think they sell the jet chip on ebay , and i heard only bad things from it......
i heard of motor blowing after they put the chip in ...

dont be the guinee pig .............
Old 10-26-07, 12:25 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well according to their website, they don't add-on a chip ... They actually reprogram the existing factory ECU to your specs ... I don't think this would cause blown engines, i do think though that you're not going to get the full gains that are advertised, but maybe something close ...
Old 10-26-07, 12:27 PM
pimplux808
Pole Position

i dont believe it would blow engines either but i heard like 2 storys about when they got the ecu back , 1. car ran like crap after a couple weeks 2. couple months later DETONATION booOooOM
Old 10-26-07, 01:22 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey guys this is old news...I looked into the Jet Performance ECU re-flash also a long time ago. It's like $399 or $499 from what I can recall. It DOES WORK and will NOT blow up your motor. The reason why I didn't go through with it is because people say the gains are fairly weak especially for the price. Also, remember your car will NOT be tunable (Like SAFC II or Neo) for future mods with this service...it will be a permenant re-flash of your ECU. Not sure if you can use a piggyback like the SAFC II or the Neo with the Jet Performance re-flashed ECU... Hope this helps!
Old 10-26-07, 01:44 PM
nytoy
Driver

it won't blow up the engine, but I agree, gains are limited plus you loose some mpg's. I would really question how hard they are looking into the tune of the engine for our specific car if they are cranking out these things for every make possible. I'd say it's just like the ebay crap that claims to add "10hp" but packaged in a fancy wrapper. Think about it, the factory spent millions of dollars and a lot of time tuning our engines, it's tough to match that with someone spending MAYBE 30mins...
Old 10-26-07, 06:23 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

By no means did Jet Performance only spend "30 minutes" on our cars...please do not take offense to this. Jet Performance has been around for a long time and have a proven track record of producing quality chips and re-flash services. However, for our particular cars I "HEARD" that gains are minimal...maybe 15whp and for something that's $400-$500 and not tunable; that's not so great to me. There are other makes like Audi that I have read that gained as much as 40whp using Jet Performance services. I have never actually spoken to anyone that has a GS with this re-flash...who knows maybe Jet will make a liar out of all of us and make nice gains for our cars. With that said - who's going first? LOL!!!
Old 10-26-07, 06:56 PM
bugeyeGS
Driver

Jet ect tuning are great for those with project turbo kit or superchargers cuz they make custom software upgrade for your vehicle and modifications. in our case will let the motor work with bigger injector as in 550 or higher just have jet program the ecu for it , also move by the rev limit back a little. but bad thing is the down time tell you get back the ecu any where 3-4 week while that how long Jim wolf took to do it for me and if you going back to stock u cant use the jet ecu anymore but have to get another stock one to run the car. i had a jim wolf ecu which same as jet ecu in my 1992 maxima running 2002 maxima motor with no rev limiter , and advance timing ,and other stuff i cant remember and it was the best