GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Veritek's GS400 Vertex-ed

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-07, 06:51 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Veritek's GS400 Vertex-ed

Yes, Bing finally got the car finished with the Vertex Kit.

Disclaimers*
the car is not lowered
the car will have newer wheels soon
the exhaust is on order!

Things to look for*
They did a two tone on the hood

The guys at R2B2 Motors have done it again!
Enjoy!

Does anyone have any issues with their Vertex kit as far as the sideskirts go? They had to shave it about an inch. Are there door moldings for this car for the Vertex kit?

Old 10-27-07, 06:52 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for looking.

There's more planned for this car and we are all looking forward to the progress here in the GA.

Last edited by carbongs; 11-06-07 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-27-07, 06:59 AM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice. can't wait to see it dropped and with the new wheels on.
Old 10-27-07, 07:07 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Lookin' good so far
Old 10-27-07, 07:08 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have any issues with their Vertex kit as far as the sideskirts go? They had to shave it about an inch. Are there door moldings for this car for the Vertex kit?

You are supoose to take a razor blade and trim the lower molding off so that it doesnt look like that. I trimmed mine off per Tturbopimp and it looked correct. I dont have the Vertex kit on the car anymore but that is what Tturbopimp told me per the Vertex kit instrusctions.
Old 10-27-07, 07:26 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Looks Good.....

Getting there, way to go with the kit and paint. Didn't someone else already do a two-tone with a Blue Lex? Talk about original.... that's what sets your car apart from everyone else's. Anywho, drop that thing already, again nice job.

-Joe
Old 10-27-07, 07:29 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice pics!!!
Old 10-27-07, 08:04 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cuonggs300

You are supoose to take a razor blade and trim the lower molding off so that it doesnt look like that. I trimmed mine off per Tturbopimp and it looked correct. I dont have the Vertex kit on the car anymore but that is what Tturbopimp told me per the Vertex kit instrusctions.
No major issues with my kit. My body shop did trim the rubber off the bottom of all the door claddings. Slight fiber glass work to get the fitment just right on the right side skirt. The kit did come with the chrome moulding for the bumpers, but by the time I realized that, I already got the OEM chrome bumper mouldings. My body shop even put some wire netting in the holes in the front bumper to keep all the debris from collecting in front of the radiator.
Old 10-27-07, 09:03 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking real Good Bing. Just wish we could slap that intercooler thats on the orange one behind this open Vertex mouth. Can't waint till she's dropped on the new wheels.
Old 10-27-07, 01:25 PM
LexFather

Bing Ftw!!!!
Old 10-27-07, 05:00 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice !!
Old 10-27-07, 05:05 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Car looks great.. The engine pieces look awesome.. Looks like they did a good job..
Old 10-27-07, 07:31 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Thanks Tony for the quickie photoshoot!! The guys at R2B2 asked about the lower rubber mouldings too, but I didn't know for sure, and wanted to wait and see (ie. get advice from my CL experts). I am going to have them take it off completely, and see how it looks (if there is a gap), and if so, we thought about trimming it. From the sound of it, it looks like that's what we'll do. Thanks Cuong and TAMR for your input in that regard. She's got to go back for some more wet sanding (some spots aren't to my liking), and to put mesh to cover up the openings, replace the ball joints, and slap on some suspension components to drop it like it's hot, heheh, but not too much, since she's a semi-daily driver.
Old 10-27-07, 07:36 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bluelex
Looking real Good Bing. Just wish we could slap that intercooler thats on the orange one behind this open Vertex mouth. Can't waint till she's dropped on the new wheels.
Stop it Adrian. I'm trying to resist the urge. I know it's begging for a nice intercooler, and all the other stuff that goes along with it, but she's supposed to be my reliable daily, heheh. And thanks for the compliments. The plan is to swap the Anteras from my SC onto lady blue and see how it works out.
Old 10-27-07, 07:44 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by R.U. IN AW?
Didn't someone else already do a two-tone with a Blue Lex? Talk about original.... that's what sets your car apart from everyone else's.
Actually, there are 2, SoCal, and Adrian (well, SoCal's is actually a 3-tone, I think). This was one thing I was concerned about, that someone else already did it, and not only did it, but WOW, both of their cars are sooooo nice, but I thought about doing this a while back on my Cinnabar GS, and they just happened to do it before me, heheh.

Quick Reply: Veritek's GS400 Vertex-ed