GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Phase II of my ride underway...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-07, 06:57 PM
LexFather

Exclamation Phase II of my ride underway...

I post this b/c its great I am going to add some more things to my car but I also know that my eyes are now on a couple new Lexus vehicles. It feels weird b/c for so long the GS has been that car that does it for me but now, I acknowledge some others that are making me get that "warm" feeling in my shorts.

Again, my plans are to keep the subtle upgrades and I'm focusing on suspension pieces now so I can compare at the same track (Lil Talledega) and post differences.

We ALL add so much to our cars and rarely do we get to post the true differences on the track.

I see so many O.Gs leaving, getting other rides are life has them not posting anymore and I see the new generation with their enthusiasm and love for the GS and its still a great mix.

So this week I'm going to a couple meets with the car in Phase I and hopefully it will be done by December.

Orlando, yall doing another meet?
Old 10-29-07, 07:08 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1SICKLEX da man.
Old 10-29-07, 07:32 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the CL thread too !

Its good other notice this too
Old 10-29-07, 08:00 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So this week I'm going to a couple meets with the car in Phase I and hopefully it will be done by December.

Hey Mike what happened to LEXFEST this year
Old 10-29-07, 08:04 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I post this b/c its great I am going to add some more things to my car but I also know that my eyes are now on a couple new Lexus vehicles. It feels weird b/c for so long the GS has been that car that does it for me but now, I acknowledge some others that are making me get that "warm" feeling in my shorts.

Again, my plans are to keep the subtle upgrades and I'm focusing on suspension pieces now so I can compare at the same track (Lil Talledega) and post differences.

We ALL add so much to our cars and rarely do we get to post the true differences on the track.

I see so many O.Gs leaving, getting other rides are life has them not posting anymore and I see the new generation with their enthusiasm and love for the GS and its still a great mix.

hopefully after december
Old 10-29-07, 09:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID

We are still in talks, look for it possibly in spring 08
Old 10-29-07, 09:58 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Good choice doing suspension mods. Though my GS is gone, I always wanted to put on all the TOM's braces and stiffer sways to go with my coilovers. Of course there are newer cars out there, and the GS may have lost a little of its appeal to you over the years, but it can be made to be such a competent performer with all the available suspension pieces out there. I bet you'll be feeling the love again afterwards...

I recently finished doing something similar with my car (NSX-R chassis braces, NSX-R sways, etc.) and I can't tell you how satisfying it is to go around corners now. No more body roll.

Last edited by pvmike1; 10-29-07 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-29-07, 10:04 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Phase II

I post this b/c its great I am going to add some more things to my car but I also know that my eyes are now on a couple new Lexus vehicles. It feels weird b/c for so long the GS has been that car that does it for me but now, I acknowledge some others that are making me get that "warm" feeling in my shorts

I'm looking at putting something together early Spring-3day event again? Stay tuned!

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID

Yeah, what happened? I thought we were coming down South next time around?

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
hopefully after december
That would be good!

We are still in talks, look for it possibly in spring 08
Lol!
Old 10-30-07, 05:41 AM
cpone
There can only be One

Originally Posted by wringo
I'm looking at putting something together early Spring-3day event again? Stay tuned!

My car should be done by then as well.
Old 10-30-07, 06:12 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What suspension mods are you getting? Hey I will be in Orlando in December.. Y'all better set up something
Old 10-30-07, 06:28 AM
cpone
There can only be One

Ohh we HAVE to hook up for some drinks man.
I have GOT to meet you in person. LOL... I want to know what Shocker is like outside the political UBER super DOOPER ULTRA left wing spectrum.
Old 10-30-07, 08:03 AM
LexFather

Lol, now that would be a December to Remember, lol....

If its spring, I'll be uber ready by then!
Old 10-30-07, 08:14 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Homey Claus is coming to town ha haaa.