GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New special edition GS and more!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-02, 09:21 PM
GSman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New special edition GS and more!

FYI-

I just received a promotional booklet from Lexus in the mail advertising new enhancements to their line of cars which includes a special edition GS called the GS300 Sportdesign. They also advertised the L-tuned package for the IS300. In case you haven't seen this mid-year promotional booklet yet you can get all the details at www.insidelexus.com.

Enjoy.
Old 01-17-02, 09:29 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Post Winter Ediiton of InsideLexus

As GSMan stated, www.insidelexus.com has been updated for the winter. I am off to see what exactly is inside the latest edition. Enjoy all!
Old 01-17-02, 10:05 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

It's about time InsideLexus got updated. Thanks for the heads up, GSman.

Here's what I have gleaned off the article for the upcoming GS300 Sportdesign avail in March (my comments in paranthesis);

>Chromed 16" wheels (too small, not even with the Lexus 17")
>Sportdesign badging (like '00 Platinum edition)
>New color: Graphite Grey Pearl (would like to see samples of color)
>Perforated leather seats/contrast piping (similar to '00 Platinum edition)
>Black-stained walnut wood on doors, ctr console, shift **** (this is great, have been waiting, we can retrofit on our current cars)
>Brush aluminum trim on ctr console (we can retrofit on our current cars)
>Sportdesign scuff plates (whoopie )
>Euro-tuned suspension ( I'm betting it's either L-Tuned or TTE springs/shocks)
>Recalib steering (I bet it's L-Tuned ECU)

I bet it'll be a $2K limited edition package. IMO, should have included the black pearl badging like Platinum Edition. Nothing too exciting to me, except for the black wood. Got to get Steve Ganz to get some black wood kits on order.
Old 01-17-02, 11:29 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wonder if it'll have a blackwood steering wheel as an option....

16" wheels...how weak...
Old 01-17-02, 11:49 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by QBranchCars
It's about time InsideLexus got updated. Thanks for the heads up, GSman.

Here's what I have gleaned off the article for the upcoming GS300 Sportdesign avail in March (my comments in paranthesis);

>Black-stained walnut wood on doors, ctr console, shift **** (this is great, have been waiting, we can retrofit on our current cars)

I bet it'll be a $2K limited edition package. IMO, should have included the black pearl badging like Platinum Edition. Nothing too exciting to me, except for the black wood. Got to get Steve Ganz to get some black wood kits on order.
Graphite Grey Pearl is probably the same color as the IS300.

Where did you get the black walnet wood part? I don't see it on the website. Are you reading that off the booklet? Or am I missing something?!?

I don't get their aluminum trim around the center console controls. Is it just those stick-on trims like the wood people have been buying, except in aluminum? I think Legend5.com sells those for the GS.
Old 01-17-02, 11:51 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Yea I never read mention of the Blackwood on the insidelexus.com article either...

Anyways, the Graphite Gray Pearl color (GGP) should look great on the GS, it looks killer on the IS already...
Old 01-18-02, 12:39 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Now, dont' get me wrong! I have NOTHING against gs3's!! I especially love the turboed ones!! And anyone that knows me on this forum KNOWS how much I love my Lex....

BUT...

When the FU** is Lexus going to do something for the GS4 people!! When are they going to get the friggin clue that we WANT MORE PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!.... Instead of all these weak *** (and everyone knows that's what they are) mods for a gs3... WORK ON A MORE POWERFUL GS4 ENGINE!! ******

I'm sorry to vent on all of you but I'm getting pretty pissed off at Lexus... They think it's ok JUST to make a good car!! It's not anymore!! You have to make that good car even better!!

If Lexus wants to use the staple "The relentless pursuit of perfection".... they need to STOP working on the *** UGLY GX470 and get to a 400hp GS4.....

who's with me?
Old 01-18-02, 12:46 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

oh..... and don't even get me started on the LS GT BS!!

I wish I could sit down with someone at Lexus and tell them how incredible DUMB they are making themselves look to the GS people!!....

I can't take anymore of the L-Tuned/GT/GS3 Sport whatever crap anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Ok, I'm done!
Old 01-18-02, 12:46 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by LexDriver18
When the FU** is Lexus going to do something for the GS4 people!! When are they going to get the friggin clue that we WANT MORE PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!.... Instead of all these weak *** (and everyone knows that's what they are) mods for a gs3... WORK ON A MORE POWERFUL GS4 ENGINE!! ******

I'm sorry to vent on all of you but I'm getting pretty pissed off at Lexus... They think it's ok JUST to make a good car!! It's not anymore!! You have to make that good car even better!!

If Lexus wants to use the staple "The relentless pursuit of perfection".... they need to STOP working on the *** UGLY GX470 and get to a 400hp GS4.....

who's with me?
I don't own a GS but I am with you on this one. I think GX is pretty ugly and I don't even want to believe that they are Lexus cars.

Now GS is pretty powerful and strong anyway (like there is ever enough) but competition gets stronger so will GS4. I am pretty sure about that. For now, why not custom supercharge the thing and be happy?
Old 01-18-02, 03:17 AM
GS4IV
Driver School Candidate

Knowing about the wear problems on 17" and up they may be playing it safe with 16" tires.
Lexus should give us more HP/torque and the GS crowd would be happy.
Old 01-18-02, 04:04 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they know about the freaking tire wear problem, why don't they fix it in the newer car?
Old 01-18-02, 04:57 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by QBranchCars

Sounds like a bunch of nic-nac BS to me. I also agree with the existing statements of pumping up the 4, even though the 3 is a good platform. Almost seems half a$$ really - who are they marketing to with 16s as a 'special' package? Like the Special Edition Accord with 16s??? WTF?
Old 01-18-02, 05:44 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Does anyone know the sales figures of GS3 vs GS4? If they sell 3 to 1 GS3's then that may explain why they are concentrating on it instead.
Old 01-18-02, 06:05 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,556 Posts

People ask for hotter GS4s but how much are you guys willing to pay for it? The price for a GS430 is what, about $52K reasonably optioned? If they priced a 'hot' one at $60K you think people are going to pay the $8K difference?

And if it had 400HP, you young guys can handle the insurance? What is the insurance for a 20 year old driver on an M5?
Old 01-18-02, 06:22 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
People ask for hotter GS4s but how much are you guys willing to pay for it?
A lot What really makes it attractive would be from the availability from the factory, warranty, etc.

Imagine driving your TOMs GS off the lot, with like 5mi on the odometer, susp, intake, chip, tires, wheels,

-guuuush-

If they priced a 'hot' one at $60K you think people are going to pay the $8K difference?
Hell yeah - people buy M5s don't they? Still all the great things about a Lexus, and will run, if not surpass, the Bavarians. And remember the price difference, though, at this level of $, just a few...

And if it had 400HP, you young guys can handle the insurance? What is the insurance for a 20 year old driver on an M5?
Yeah, but Bit, the young ones are already driving 50k cars; insurance will just be pennies on the dollar, I'm guessing.

Quick Reply: New special edition GS and more!