GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Your *ULTIMATE* GS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-02, 11:38 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Your *ULTIMATE* GS!

My peeps, since we all own these already "Great" cars and many of us including myself knows there's always room for improovement, what would or in some cases will be Your "ULTIMATE GS Sports Sedan"? And of course, money is no object!
Let me kick this thing off with the following: Custom paint job. It would still be Pearl, but with more "Pearl" in the 10 layers of coats! Meaning more of the blueish, pinkish, yellowish, kind of rainbowish you see in an actual pearl, you know, very iredecent! We're talking a $10,000+ paint job here people. And this would include a full WIN bodykit! I'll keep the RMM grill thankyou. On to the Wheels: Since I'm going for all out show-stopper, I would slap some custom made 22' Maido's from DAZZ (I know, I know, the fenders & other underneath modification). Whatever the best adjustable suspension is, that would be there too. Borla exhaust, I think it looks & sounds the best. Underhood power: Well seeing that my ground clearance capabilities will be that of a Diablo, and with the added weight & huge wheel setup, I would settle for a bored & tuned v8 making @ 380-hp, and oh yeah, a custom Twin-Turbo made specifically for my setup, (600+hp) you know just for bragging rights ! And of course evrything under the hood would be chrome plated w/ blue accents for clamps & fittings. What would bring this beast to a halt you ask? 6-piston Brembos of course. http://www.frozenrotors.com/bremboinfo.html In the trunk including the rear seating area, (I wouldn't have back seats people) four 12' JL Audio Subs & 4 Precision Power amps (1,000 watts a piece!) With of course custom fiberglass & lighting back there. Now to the interior: Custom Tan, (and I don't mean beige, I'm talking that baseball glove-cinnamon tan!) Nappa Leather w/ white pipeing trim over everything including the dash. Of course I need custom burlwood & steering wheel & shifter. My Receiver would be none other than the ALPINE IVA-C800! Complete Mobile-Media Experience http://www.alpine1.com/html/D2_n_1_n_n.html
Of course got to have the DVD, PS2, and XM radio! And being the Home-Theatre buff that I am, I need total suond-proofing throuout the entire car. Wouldn't want the sounds of those turbos spooling up and custom exhaust drowning out LORD OF THE RINGS playing on my DVD now would we?

Attached Thumbnails Your *ULTIMATE* GS!-maido.gif  

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 01-20-02 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-20-02, 02:18 PM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

I think u just described how everyone would want there GS to be

ShOwGS
Old 01-20-02, 02:48 PM
MGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Well, my ultimate GS is simple

Engine: 2JZ-GTE with turbo + intercooler upgrade, tune it to 400hp
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Suspension & Brakes: TRD tuned
Tire: Yokohama DNA GP

That's it
Old 01-20-02, 11:31 PM
v300
Lead Lap

epk,

Good luck fitting an efficient-enough intercooler to cool the charged air from two 3037 while maintaining the stock-stealth look.
Old 01-21-02, 03:46 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm, I kinda like the way I have mine set up but I'd want it with a supercharger and a rear brake upgrade (like a 13" rear brake with 4-piston calipers and a 2-piston e-brake...Brembo has this setup, but not for the GS...yet...)

I'd probably want to upgrade my front brakes to a 14" or 14.5" rotor (same calipers though)...And a couple other little add-ons that I'm waiting for actually...OH, and I'd want a REAL Grey Wood kit (not that fake plastic kit from Japan) with a matching steering wheel...Grey wood with my "redish" wood would look stupid to say the least...

The other option would to be have a JDM Aristo V300 (right-hand drive, 2JZ-GTE, etc., etc.) and then I'd take it to HKS and have them "do it up". I still have the right-hand drive bug...
Old 01-21-02, 08:56 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
Hmmm, I kinda like the way I have mine set up but I'd want it with a supercharger and a rear brake upgrade (like a 13" rear brake with 4-piston calipers and a 2-piston e-brake...Brembo has this setup, but not for the GS...yet...)

I'd probably want to upgrade my front brakes to a 14" or 14.5" rotor (same calipers though)...And a couple other little add-ons that I'm waiting for actually...OH, and I'd want a REAL Grey Wood kit (not that fake plastic kit from Japan) with a matching steering wheel...Grey wood with my "redish" wood would look stupid to say the least...

The other option would to be have a JDM Aristo V300 (right-hand drive, 2JZ-GTE, etc., etc.) and then I'd take it to HKS and have them "do it up". I still have the right-hand drive bug...
Manaray, it does indeed sound like you're not too far off from having your "Ultimate" GS! But I would surmise that the "right-hand drive" option would require a whole new car!
Old 01-21-02, 09:02 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Exclamation

Speaking of "Whole New Car". What do you guys think your complete modifications would cost $$$??? I'm guestimating with all the mods I listed above, I'd be right at or above: $200,000! But boy would it put those Bentley, Rolls Royce's, and other sedans in this stratosphere price range to shame!
Old 01-21-02, 10:35 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, it looks like all you guys described it for me!!!!
Old 01-21-02, 02:40 PM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

My GS400 would have the stock 1UZ-FE and I would put higher flow injectors, Mod the ECU, Borla Cat backs, 17" Chrome Lexus OEM rims, NAV, Steering ECU, L-tuned Suspension, Ram air intake, Pearl paint job, Spoiler, Chrome lex badges, wood grain shift **** and wood accents on the steering wheel. I am a simple man with simple needs, that should do me just fine
Old 01-21-02, 03:02 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i didnt feel like writing my ultimate GS cause it would take too long but here ill start on just the engine and suspension

Engine:

2JZ-GTE
JUN Block Kit (overbore 3.2L)
Denso Irridum Plugs
Valve Springs and Valves (not sure by who yet)
New Head Gasket (again not sure by who)
Ported and Polished Head
High Flow Intake Manifold
SA Design Exhaust Manifold with high flow twin turbo sequential setup (ill tell u more bout this idea later)
2 HKS T04R Ball-Bearing Turbos
2 Apex'i Intake Filters
Mother Intercooler (we're talking big here)
HKS Ignition
HKS Cam Gears
GReddy 720cc Injectors (i dont think this would be enough mind you)
Bigger oil-pump and neccessary cooling equipment
TRD Oil Cap
TRD Radiator Cap
Optima Yellow Top Batter - CHECK
Mandrel Bent Piping
Strong Oil-Pan
Fujitsubo Exhaust System
Custom Downpipe

There is more but i foget

Suspension:

TEIN HA
Toms Braces
TRD Sway Bars
19" Wheel and tire (255f 315r)
Proboly some custom braces for more stiffness.
TRD LSD
L-Tune ECU

that should about do it!
Old 01-21-02, 03:42 PM
enginyr
Banned

20" davins...end of story.

Is a right hand drive even legal In the states?
Old 01-21-02, 11:34 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

TXStyle - Actually, you can convert an LHD car to RHD..you just need the RHD front clip (including the dash, etc...which isn't cheap but it's not overly expensive)...it's just labor intensive...

A friend of mine has a FULL front clip of a first generation GS (JZS-14x)...including the 2JZ-GTE motor along with the ECU and everything else (and I mean EVERYTHING...)
Old 01-21-02, 11:51 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

TXStyle - Actually, you can convert an LHD car to RHD..you just need the RHD front clip (including the dash, etc...which isn't cheap but it's not overly expensive)...it's just labor intensive...

A friend of mine has a FULL front clip of a first generation GS (JZS-14x)...including the 2JZ-GTE motor along with the ECU and everything else (and I mean EVERYTHING...)
Sounds like the Aristo chopped in 1/2
Old 01-22-02, 02:36 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Leave it to Manaray to either have or know where to get "hooked-up" on anything when it comes to the GS!
Old 01-22-02, 05:49 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Enginyr - Yes, it is legal to have a RHD car...my friend has a RHD, FULL JDM Spec widebody Prelude....all you have to do is go down to DMV and have it approved...

Globe - That's essentially what it is...

TX -

Quick Reply: Your *ULTIMATE* GS!