GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How will our GS400 do against a WS6 RAMAIR?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-02, 06:24 PM
LatinStyle_400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How will our GS400 do against a WS6 RAMAIR?

Have a cousin just got a WS6 Trans Am w/ramair and wants to race me.Do you guys think he will smoke me?I have been tempted but am afraid to lose!!!!Anyone raced one yet?
Old 01-21-02, 06:49 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Your chances are not good.

just guessing ? hehe
Old 01-21-02, 07:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,410 Likes on 1,580 Posts

I think he'll leave you in the dust. Besides if you see THIS behind you it will probably scare the **** out of you.
Attached Thumbnails How will our GS400 do against a WS6 RAMAIR?-ws6.jpg  
Old 01-22-02, 04:17 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Let me see if I understand the question: you want to know if you've got a chance racing someone with a lighter car, more horsepower, and a manual trans. I think you have an excellent chance at losing your ***.

But you could work it like the T-Bird commercial where the boyfriend in the Lotus lets the girlfriend out to start the race. She does, Lotus smokes off into the distance, guy in T-Bird (still sitting there) says "Looks like you need a ride" and cruises off with the hottie.

We have one of the quicker 4 door sedans made. But our 4 liter (4.3 for some) is NOT a match for anything GM puts the LS1 V8 in. Love your GS for what it is.
Old 01-22-02, 05:27 AM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Alright im not understanding this at all, I've raced three Trans Ams two of them were the WS6 and one was a 96 formula and i was in a Grand prix GTP the "supercharged one" But the GS430 is suppose to be quicker than the grand prix. When i raced all three of those Firebirds I gave them of them a run for there money, and they were only up on me by about half of a hood, and it was from a complete stop that we raced, it stayed like that till we got to about 70mph than the Trans am started pulling because it still has alot of extra ponies left, and the Formula i beat him by a few inches maybe, I dont know if any of you ever drove a Grand prix GTP/GTX but those cars have a throttle response like no car i've ever driven, you could be doin 25-30mph and when u Step on the gas sometimes the tires will actually start squatin them... any of you know how or why this happens..?

GS430= 300hp 0-60 5.8sec
Grand Prix GTP= 240hp 0-60 6-6.5 sec, im not really sure
Trans am WS6= 325hp 0-60 about 5.5 seconds

ShOwGS
Old 01-22-02, 05:46 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by mooretorque
I think you have an excellent chance at losing your ***.

Well put - I think 1SickLex lost his *** to a Ram Air a week ago or so - scroll back through the Kills to get the details.
Old 01-22-02, 06:16 AM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

The WS6 Ram air camaro is pulling 320 horses stock:eek: 6 speed manual or even auto, much lighter and bigger engine - 4.0 vs. 5.7 liter.
Push rod motor versus quad overhead cam motor. GM's 5.7 liter LS1 small block is one stout motor, and alot torqueir than the 1UZ-FE overhead cam motor. He will pull your Arsche from here to china and back.

Last edited by Erfan; 01-22-02 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-22-02, 06:34 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i tried one last week and it wasnt ALL that bad, but we started from a 70 mph roll. the story is the stories forum. really hard to put serious distance on cars at that speed unless youve got laughing gas or something. i would think that from a dead stop, where my cars weight, hp/tq disadvantage, auto tranny, etc came into play the results would not have been so nice. like was said earlier, try him but remember, you drive a LEXUS. guarantee that you win all the battles that count.

Doc
Old 01-22-02, 10:07 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Let me tell you......NO NO NO you don't stand a chance from a stop. Even if you SUPER CHARGE the GS it will be a tough race for you. I've watch those cars at the track pull a trap speed of 107 and 13.1 sec 1/4 mile STOCK! My friend just DYNO his WS6 Sunday and at the wheels hes got 350hp. He does have some work done to it but not major.
Old 01-22-02, 12:07 PM
SuperLex
Rookie

My GF has the Formula which puts out 305 HP stock. She says that the guy she bought it from put some extra goodies in it to put it up to 350 HP but I'm not exactly sure what has been done to it. I gotta look at her papers

Anyways if anyone lives in the Atlanta area and wants to race just for comparison's sake let me know!!!!
Old 01-22-02, 04:55 PM
SuperLex
Rookie

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
HERE I AM!!!! Hotlanta representing! Maybe Dr.Rick and a couple of others will join me.....

Or we will bring Jazziz with his Blitz exhaust and Swift intake!

Let me know!
Sure, Anytime bro, just let me know the time and the place. I live off of 400 and Northridge Exit 6. Her car is pretty fast but I don't think I would ever buy a Pontiac!

I'm curious to see some of the other Lexus's around here.
Old 01-22-02, 05:30 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just Bring It!!! just put on the intake today and i am soooo very pleased. like i said in the stories forum, i wondered what the outcome wouldve been with the intake on. well, i know now that it wouldve been quite different. it is like night and day difference with the HFI and the exhaust. Kudos to Mo. and just think ive only had the car a little over a month. by the way, your up in my neck of the woods. i live off p'tree industrial. so maybe we can have some fun Holla at me.

Doc
Old 01-22-02, 08:03 PM
SuperLex
Rookie

Originally posted by DrRick
Just Bring It!!! just put on the intake today and i am soooo very pleased. like i said in the stories forum, i wondered what the outcome wouldve been with the intake on. well, i know now that it wouldve been quite different. it is like night and day difference with the HFI and the exhaust. Kudos to Mo. and just think ive only had the car a little over a month. by the way, your up in my neck of the woods. i live off p'tree industrial. so maybe we can have some fun Holla at me.

Doc
Sweet!! I'd love to see the intake since I'm getting a GS in about a month, so I would be interested in seeing what kind of mods you have. I work off Peachtree Industrial but if we race around there gotta be careful of the cops. Duluth cops are everywhere!!
Hopefully, you know of a good place to race.

Can't do it this weekend because my girl is getting her ***** done but the weekend after that I can bring the Formula to see how it stacks up to the GS head to head.
Old 01-22-02, 08:56 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Superlex, you are in for a LONG WEEKEND my friend!(really a month or so) I have shared this oh so prosperous experience before. Regular C to a large D!!! It's great for us guys, but wow how it hurts! Cry, whine, bit@h, moan, nag, cry, whine, bit@h, moan, nag, you get the idea. Good luck and many fun times!
Old 01-23-02, 05:10 AM
SuperLex
Rookie

Originally posted by 400DGRZ
Superlex, you are in for a LONG WEEKEND my friend!(really a month or so) I have shared this oh so prosperous experience before. Regular C to a large D!!! It's great for us guys, but wow how it hurts! Cry, whine, bit@h, moan, nag, cry, whine, bit@h, moan, nag, you get the idea. Good luck and many fun times!
I'm not looking forward to playing nurse all weekend but I guess it's the price you gotta pay to enjoy perfect D size breasts!!

Quick Reply: How will our GS400 do against a WS6 RAMAIR?