GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Yeah Talk About My Interior Being Ghetto =)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-07, 09:36 AM
hectik
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j stuff
none of it is authentic. If anyone told you that then you have been ripped off. LV does NOT sell fabric to wholesellers or anything.

Looks clean to me. Not my style, but good job

hes correct about everything except the "none of it is authentic" but about lv selling fabric hes correct i did alot of research and found out that lv does not sell fabric you have to buy the bags!! aprox 9k worth of tote bags and if you are wondering why spend so much well im trying to get into one of southern cali's best car clubs www.swiftcc.net
Old 12-06-07, 09:43 AM
hectik
Rookie

Originally Posted by bluelex
I think its a clean job but that stlye while hot at the time is kind of out now a days. Not trying to be rude so please don't take it that way but this was more of a 2002-2004 maybe 2005 style.. I think that trunk mod is very intresting. I always wondored when I flipped through magazines and saw this mod what it would look like on a GS. Do you have any closer shots?

yeah your'e right ive had my lv interior since 04 i hardly drive my GS now adays now i have a little 750i cough cough bmw , but im planning of fixing up the GS for my 15yr old bro and future plans (mid feb 08) include ostrich/gator interior =) and redo the air suspension setup from 10 switch to 12
Old 12-06-07, 11:16 AM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hectik
hes correct about everything except the "none of it is authentic" but about lv selling fabric hes correct i did alot of research and found out that lv does not sell fabric you have to buy the bags!! aprox 9k worth of tote bags and if you are wondering why spend so much well im trying to get into one of southern cali's best car clubs www.swiftcc.net
If anyone is buying yards of any fabric like gucci or lv or burberry its not real.

Of course you can take apart bags. But most will not do that.
Old 12-06-07, 11:31 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The install is quality, that is certain. I was never and never will be a fan of LV and think the design patterns resemble a couch from the 70's. Not hating at all, just my opinion. I would rather have tossed that 9k into a quality turbo setup or air suspension and custom trunk. But I am a bit biased to I'll just leave it at that.

I like the reverse trunk flip, I've seen it on Maximas, its pretty easy to fab up if i recall correctly.

GL with your car, I'm sure your pulling PLENTY of brizzles...
Old 12-06-07, 12:13 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please post up a current pic, you said your recent mods were:

Chrome side pillar
Chrome air vents (functional, non functional?)
Chrome grill

I'd be interested to see how everything came together.

(you have no tints but a $9k+ interior, you're a brave man)
Old 12-06-07, 12:17 PM
hectik
Rookie

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Please post up a current pic, you said your recent mods were:

Chrome side pillar
Chrome air vents (functional, non functional?)
Chrome grill

I'd be interested to see how everything came together.

(you have no tints but a $9k+ interior, you're a brave man)

hi =) .. lol.. let me get home im at work right now and the gs is at home, o air vents are fully functional and tints, well im not a big fan of having my car tinted like my brother says "whats the purpose of having a nice expensive interior if you're gonna be hidding it and dont show it off" besides here in south central LA tints = cops pulling you over very often and i to be honest my license is suspended and driving unlicensed and trust me getting your GS impounded 3 times feels nasty and expensive at $1800 a ticket =/ but then again i sometimes wonder why i got pulled over the last time

Last edited by hectik; 12-06-07 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-06-07, 03:04 PM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hectik
hi =) .. lol.. let me get home im at work right now and the gs is at home, o air vents are fully functional and tints, well im not a big fan of having my car tinted like my brother says "whats the purpose of having a nice expensive interior if you're gonna be hidding it and dont show it off" besides here in south central LA tints = cops pulling you over very often and i to be honest my license is suspended and driving unlicensed and trust me getting your GS impounded 3 times feels nasty and expensive at $1800 a ticket =/ but then again i sometimes wonder why i got pulled over the last time

^^Wow, just wow. I'm not just talking about the picture, I'm talking about the whole post. Money will never buy you taste, or your license for that matter. The interior looks hideous and I don't care if it's a "clean install", it's just plain tacky.
Old 12-06-07, 03:06 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

unique i think, to each his own
Old 12-06-07, 03:11 PM
LexFather

I think its a clean job but that stlye while hot at the time is kind of out now a days. Not trying to be rude so please don't take it that way but this was more of a 2002-2004 maybe 2005 style.. I think that trunk mod is very intresting. I always wondored when I flipped through magazines and saw this mod what it would look like on a GS. Do you have any closer shots?
Agree. We've had GSs like this on here before. I would never do that to any vehicle but what can I say..

He's in Cali (ducks and hides)

Old 12-06-07, 03:52 PM
hectik
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Agree. We've had GSs like this on here before. I would never do that to any vehicle but what can I say..

He's in Cali (ducks and hides)
lol like i said before my interior was made like that 3 yrs ago almost 4yrs now lol... the gs is just sitting in the garage ...
Old 12-06-07, 05:59 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it's "ghetto" man; matter fact I kinda like it but then again I'm afraid of tan leather. It may not be the authentic real deal as another member said but look at all the knock off Prada and Louis Vuitton bags out there. Them bags sure look good and real. But anyway, the interior it's not bad looking.
Old 12-06-07, 06:26 PM
gs3db9
Driver School Candidate

Looks like Vip style to me
Old 12-07-07, 03:40 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Like others said it used to be in style in the show scene. I've never liked it. I would feel like I was driving a purse, not a performance sports sedan.
Old 12-07-07, 07:26 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think its a clean job but that stlye while hot at the time is kind of out now a days. Not trying to be rude so please don't take it that way but this was more of a 2002-2004 maybe 2005 style...
LMAO, Blue So the LV interior is "so 2005"? Damn, it's only 2007. Do we really have to keep up with the new trends every year?

It seems to be nice workmanship, but it's just not my style. As long as you like it, that's all that matters. I bet the ladies love it though.
Old 12-07-07, 07:29 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
LMAO, Blue So the LV interior is "so 2005"? Damn, it's only 2007. Do we really have to keep up with the new trends every year?

Yes.........................

Quick Reply: Yeah Talk About My Interior Being Ghetto =)