GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 07:24 PM
DAVD305
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah but spending $13k on a 10 year old car (starting from 1998) is something you guys need to consider,in the love for these cars, because anybody can get a new car for that price stated thats what makes the difference,Please tell me were GS 300 or 400 are lower than $8,000.00 for I can buy and resell$,By the way what is cheap to you guys?rich folks no need to answer.
Old 12-05-07, 07:28 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EliteLexus
GS's are cheap now and definitly affordable. New models are out and the 2nd gens are getting dated. If my poor *** can afford one on my income then they are "affordable" Thats what happens when cars get old. Also the used car market is in a slump. Thats the blessing of time and trends. When things are out of the trend prices drop. Want to be hoity toity and feel "high roller" get a new LS starting at 80K. Either way they are all cars. One day even 130k limo edition ls will be affordable. Its inevitable.
true,true!!!!!
Old 12-05-07, 07:33 PM
EliteLexus
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVD305
Yeah but spending $13k on a 10 year old car (starting from 1998) is something you guys need to consider,in the love for these cars, because anybody can get a new car for that price stated thats what makes the difference,Please tell me were GS 300 or 400 are lower than $8,000.00 for I can buy and resell$,By the way what is cheap to you guys?rich folks no need to answer.
I highly doubt that most of the original owners of these cars cared about the love of the car. I am sure it was more for the love of the status it gives them. I see people trading in their older gs and is's etc. for pennies on the dollar to get the new trendy Lexus out there...
Old 12-05-07, 07:46 PM
DAVD305
Driver

I highly doubt that most of the original owners of these cars cared about the love of the car. I am sure it was more for the love of the status it gives them. I see people trading in their older gs and is's etc. for pennies on the dollar to get the new trendy Lexus out there...
No dude sorry about that,the ones that trade in for other cars is because they dont have the "LOVE" for the 2nd gens like some owners in here do,I think the 2nd Gen will definately be a collectible in the future.If it was about status I would just buy a Benz(which I have owned and really ain't about nothing),O and the trade in's thats just people who don't know how to list and sell to get their money back so they take the quick route and get ripped by the dealers.It's the look and design of these cars which will alway's be unique like 2nd gen Supra's 2nd gen RX-7'S etc.....
Old 12-05-07, 07:47 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW, this is taking a turn into something way out there. I was just expressing how many new memebers just got here in the recent months. Sure some may not be as mature as others, but we have teens here that turn out to be pretty cool. I am also willing to bet that there are some old dogs that do not like new tricks. My only advise to new members is look before you ask, don't expect everyone to like your car and think before you type. We all need help sometimes and this forum is great for giving advise, just hope it stays that way. It took me a year after owning my 2GS to become a member because of the way most of the other forums are governed, but this was a 180* diffrent from the rest. We were all new members at one point, just seems like a lot more new members are here all at once Welcome

Last edited by GS FONZy; 12-05-07 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-05-07, 08:01 PM
EliteLexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
WOW, this is taking a turn into something way out there. I was just expressing how many new memebers just got here in the recent months. Sure some may not be as mature as others, but we have teens here that turn out to be pretty cool. I am also willing to bet that there are some old dogs that do not like new tricks. My only advise to new members is look before you ask, don't expect everyone to like your car and think before you type. We all need help sometimes and this forum is great for giving advise, just hope it stays that way. It took me a year after owning my 2GS to become a member because of the way most of the other forums are governed, but this was a 180* diffrent from the rest. We were all new members at one point, just seems like a lot more new members are here all at once Welcome
Thats interesting because everyone wants to be the first to tell someone to use the search function when asking a legit request. That is something tht needs to be addressed to all the "old dogs" on here. Its quite frustrating. Especially with a sub par search function. Like a needle in a haystack most of the time and if I cant find it in 5 minutes it pisses me off. Maybe instead of telling the new folks to walk on eggshells... have the old dogs treat the new members like guests and show some respect instead of driving them away. Just a thought not meant to be blown out of proportion but I see this same crap on every forum thats supposed to be informative, this one included.
Old 12-05-07, 08:02 PM
DAVD305
Driver

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Fonzy its all for the sake of conversation,no hostilaty towards nobody but good debate's maybe.
Old 12-05-07, 08:03 PM
EliteLexus
Rookie

No dude sorry about that,the ones that trade in for other cars is because they dont have the "LOVE" for the 2nd gens like some owners in here do,I think the 2nd Gen will definately be a collectible in the future.If it was about status I would just buy a Benz(which I have owned and really ain't about nothing),O and the trade in's thats just people who don't know how to list and sell to get their money back so they take the quick route and get ripped by the dealers.It's the look and design of these cars which will alway's be unique like 2nd gen Supra's 2nd gen RX-7'S etc.....
The body style of thhis sedan is what really attracted me to it. Plus with a new addition to our family I felt she would be safer in a car of this stature. Also I know how well they hold up and I can fix it cheap.
Old 12-05-07, 08:07 PM
DAVD305
Driver

Thats interesting because everyone wants to be the first to tell someone to use the search function when asking a legit request. That is something tht needs to be addressed to all the "old dogs" on here. Its quite frustrating. Especially with a sub par search function. Like a needle in a haystack most of the time and if I cant find it in 5 minutes it pisses me off. Maybe instead of telling the new folks to walk on eggshells... have the old dogs treat the new members like guests and show some respect instead of driving them away. Just a thought not meant to be blown out of proportion but I see this same crap on every forum thats supposed to be informative, this one included.
Elite not like that dude,I know were your coming from but just be patient people will help you here, I have had lots of responses here and help plus I am a noob.Just post up picks start new thread and be patient.
Old 12-05-07, 08:12 PM
DAVD305
Driver

The body style of thhis sedan is what really attracted me to it. Plus with a new addition to our family I felt she would be safer in a car of this stature. Also I know how well they hold up and I can fix it cheap.
Yeah this body style is the key for these cars very unique,it say's collectible but for family this is what I got.
Attached Thumbnails Is it just me?-tahoe-001.jpg  
Old 12-05-07, 08:14 PM
EliteLexus
Rookie

Elite not like that dude,I know were your coming from but just be patient people will help you here, I have had lots of responses here and help plus I am a noob.Just post up picks start new thread and be patient.
I have been a roamer for months but don't chime in often as I rarely need help of any sort but I may request pics or trying to sell off parts. I just notice that people here are helped based on post count and the noobs as they are called are either cold shouldered or ridiculed or blown off. I can't say thats majority but a large amount. I see some posts go completely unreplied and someone could have easily linked that person to a related post or have helped them find the answer instead of telling them to search or not respond at all.
Old 12-05-07, 08:18 PM
DAVD305
Driver

I have been a roamer for months but don't chime in often as I rarely need help of any sort but I may request pics or trying to sell off parts. I just notice that people here are helped based on post count and the noobs as they are called are either cold shouldered or ridiculed or blown off. I can't say thats majority but a large amount. I see some posts go completely unreplied and someone could have easily linked that person to a related post or have helped them find the answer instead of telling them to search or not respond at all.
What can I say to that....
Old 12-05-07, 08:19 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

take these up with the moderator and they should be dealt with accordingly. this is the second time in a week that i have seen threads kinda start on their downward spiral into oblivion when the thread was started in good taste. theres no need for this one to turn in to something negative
Old 12-05-07, 08:28 PM
DAVD305
Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
take these up with the moderator and they should be dealt with accordingly. this is the second time in a week that i have seen threads kinda start on their downward spiral into oblivion when the thread was started in good taste. theres no need for this one to turn in to something negative
"Welcome to the Himalayas,Snowball anybody?"-Monster's Inc
Old 12-05-07, 08:35 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

im not really sure what that means... i havent seen the movie... sorry dude

i love the sig tho

Quick Reply: Is it just me?