GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 08:39 PM
Chris2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

New noobs stink! LOL I am glad I found this place. I have "modded" a few things and I got that fishy old smell outta my car with a new home made air fiter so thanks to all CL old bastards and new young bastards. This place rocks and I will make my own tutorial on something in the future when it gets warm again.
Old 12-05-07, 08:39 PM
DAVD305
Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
im not really sure what that means... i havent seen the movie... sorry dude

i love the sig tho
Must see,it's was during a ackward moment you will find it even funnier now,Thanks......
Old 12-05-07, 08:40 PM
DAVD305
Driver

Originally Posted by Chris2
New noobs stink! LOL I am glad I found this place. I have "modded" a few things and I got that fishy old smell outta my car with a new home made air fiter so thanks to all CL old bastards and new young bastards. This place rocks and I will make my own tutorial on something in the future when it gets warm again.
Crack Kill's Son.....
Old 12-05-07, 08:41 PM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm.....well, either way I enjoy the GS400 and honestly since wanting one for 4 years knew exactly what I wanted to do to it and within a month of having it did it all, and used good stuff too. Happy to say no more Hondas...
Old 12-05-07, 08:42 PM
Chris2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DAVD305
Crack Kill's Son.....
LOL ya got me that time. Guess I had that coming.
Old 12-05-07, 08:43 PM
DAVD305
Driver

Originally Posted by Chris2
LOL ya got me that time. Guess I had that coming.
LOL...........
Old 12-05-07, 09:11 PM
dusouth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EliteLexus
Thats interesting because everyone wants to be the first to tell someone to use the search function when asking a legit request. That is something tht needs to be addressed to all the "old dogs" on here. Its quite frustrating. Especially with a sub par search function. Like a needle in a haystack most of the time and if I cant find it in 5 minutes it pisses me off. Maybe instead of telling the new folks to walk on eggshells... have the old dogs treat the new members like guests and show some respect instead of driving them away. Just a thought not meant to be blown out of proportion but I see this same crap on every forum thats supposed to be informative, this one included.
i totally understand where your coming from. i too was feeling this same way when i joined, i've been on here for a little over a year now and i see that type of attitude from some O.G's but beeing on here a year has also made me understand that some questions are asked an awful lot on here which has probally made some members a little aggrevated. Think of it this way.......Without O.G's you might not get any info on a mod or problem diagnosis because the site will be filled with "noobs"
Old 12-05-07, 09:19 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

It does get tiring when there are lots of threads asking the same questions that has been asked before. I try to answer whenever my knowledge allows me to. I dont look at post counts or registration date either because it doesn't make sense to me. Not all new owners are like this though. Not everyone knows about the search function because some people aren't really computer-savvy. I'm guilty of not knowing how to use the search when I first logged onto a forum
Old 12-05-07, 10:39 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EliteLexus
Thats interesting because everyone wants to be the first to tell someone to use the search function when asking a legit request. That is something tht needs to be addressed to all the "old dogs" on here. Its quite frustrating. Especially with a sub par search function. Like a needle in a haystack most of the time and if I cant find it in 5 minutes it pisses me off. Maybe instead of telling the new folks to walk on eggshells... have the old dogs treat the new members like guests and show some respect instead of driving them away. Just a thought not meant to be blown out of proportion but I see this same crap on every forum thats supposed to be informative, this one included.
I remember when I had a question about wheel fitment, I posted on the correct section and did not get one reply. I moved it to the GS section and I got responses in no time. I think it depends on the question and how it's asked. I try helping when ever possible, but there's time when it does get redudant and you will at one point tell someone to use the search button.
Just keep in mind that not everyone is the same and some members are more friendly than others

Originally Posted by DAVD305
Fonzy its all for the sake of conversation,no hostilaty towards nobody but good debate's maybe.
I just wanted to let members know what my intentions were. Noobs suck J/K just some of you kidding too.
Old 12-05-07, 11:42 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
The problem lies in the attitude of the owners
couldn't agree with you anymore
Old 12-05-07, 11:48 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by GSteg
It does get tiring when there are lots of threads asking the same questions that has been asked before. I try to answer whenever my knowledge allows me to. I dont look at post counts or registration date either because it doesn't make sense to me. Not all new owners are like this though. Not everyone knows about the search function because some people aren't really computer-savvy. I'm guilty of not knowing how to use the search when I first logged onto a forum
That's fine but it pisses me off when they get mad at you for telling them to search as if they expect ClubLexus to be some sort of blackbox that spits out answers to questions they have.

To me, one of the main points of an online forum is to share the wealth of knowledge. And if we keep on making new threads about the same issue over and over, the knowledge gets spread out and it's harder to gather up the information.

Maybe we should make a quiz for the new members...
Question 1. Your Lexus throws a CEL, what do you do?
a) Go buy a new Lexus
b) Pretend like you didn't see it
c) Put electrical tape over the dashboard
d) Search old threads
e) Make a new thread without searching

And ban every noob that answers e). haha, jk.
Old 12-06-07, 01:11 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

99Aristo - cool - another AZ member...
Old 12-06-07, 05:19 AM
EliteLexus
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
That's fine but it pisses me off when they get mad at you for telling them to search as if they expect ClubLexus to be some sort of blackbox that spits out answers to questions they have.

To me, one of the main points of an online forum is to share the wealth of knowledge. And if we keep on making new threads about the same issue over and over, the knowledge gets spread out and it's harder to gather up the information.

Maybe we should make a quiz for the new members...
Question 1. Your Lexus throws a CEL, what do you do?
a) Go buy a new Lexus
b) Pretend like you didn't see it
c) Put electrical tape over the dashboard
d) Search old threads
e) Make a new thread without searching

And ban every noob that answers e). haha, jk.
How much groundbreaking new information out there is on these cars? They are OLD. Of course the questions will be the same. There is nothing new and exciting to talk about. What else do you expect? Just turn the whole forum into a FAQ since everything has been covered numerous times. I wouldn't want to bother anyone with the same ole questions.
Old 12-06-07, 06:04 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ClubLexus to be some sort of blackbox that spits out answers to questions they have
so wait ... ur telling me this is not the case
Old 12-06-07, 06:08 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrurmil
The 2GS has become much more affordable now so you will see an influx of younger people on the forum.

You hit it right on the nose. With so many more students in the class rooms it just means we need the teachers to step up....

Quick Reply: Is it just me?