GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-07, 06:09 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

good point A
Old 12-06-07, 07:09 AM
nsf0607
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
You hit it right on the nose. With so many more students in the class rooms it just means we need the teachers to step up....
Or the students to share their notes. Check out the DIY sticky.

I too am new to this site and I try to help out as much as I can. I have searched this site for all my questions. Only after a search will I post a new thread to ask for help. I must say that so far everyone has been quite helpful. I also have made some friends that have answered my dumb questions without bashing me.
Old 12-06-07, 11:16 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EliteLexus
How much groundbreaking new information out there is on these cars? They are OLD. Of course the questions will be the same. There is nothing new and exciting to talk about. What else do you expect? Just turn the whole forum into a FAQ since everything has been covered numerous times. I wouldn't want to bother anyone with the same ole questions.
i was just kidding about the newbies. Internet probably wasn't a good place for sarcasm. I know a lot the information has been covered but it's still out there. There are a lot of threads Club Aristo and other Japanese sites that seems helpful. Plus, I really want to see someone (JPI?) do a 2JZGTE+V160 swap so I can do one.

Either way, the more the merrier .
Old 12-06-07, 11:18 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nsf0607

I too am new to this site and I try to help out as much as I can. I have searched this site for all my questions. Only after a search will I post a new thread to ask for help. I must say that so far everyone has been quite helpful. I also have made some friends that have answered my dumb questions without bashing me.
That was an awesome thread
Old 12-06-07, 11:54 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by nsf0607

I nominate you for the best noob ever. That thread is very beneficial to many people, including myself.
Old 12-06-07, 12:48 PM
MidnightG3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I think this is my second post here.....but there are other forums on the net where I have thousands of posts, and even own a forum of my own, so when it comes to being a NOOB, it's all relative. Any veteran of any forum will tell you that it's a waste of time to give the same answer to the same question more than once, let alone every day of the year. Internet forums are GOLDMINES when it comes to EXISTING information, and this one is no different.

I just bought a Benz SUV last month and I've learned more about the vehicle just by reading through a forum than I could have learned in years of owning the darn thing. What to look out for, etc.

Anyway, when it comes to the GS 2nd gen, I've been in love with this car for 10 years now, and driving mine for 8. For those two years prior to owning one, a picture of one was framed on my desk to remind me daily of my goal of getting one. Now that I'm 8 year with the same 99, I can still say that it's the most beautiful, amazing car I've ever been around. There's only one way I'd ever part with it.....somebody would have to pry my cold, stiff, blue, dead hands off the steering wheel. I'm buying a 3rd generation this month, and the 99 is being "retired" into her garage spot where she'll stay for the rest of my days because I can tell you that I'd literally cry for a week if I sold her. Yeah, when I first got it, it was a status thing as much as anything else.....but here I am 8 years later, now with the ability to afford just about any car I choose, but quite frankly.....nothing out there appeals to me the way the '99 GS I already have does.

As for the coincidence that I've been driving the car for 8 years and just joined up here in November, along with alotta other folks.....I have no idea
Old 12-06-07, 01:00 PM
nsf0607
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnightG3
Well, I think this is my second post here.....but there are other forums on the net where I have thousands of posts, and even own a forum of my own, so when it comes to being a NOOB, it's all relative. Any veteran of any forum will tell you that it's a waste of time to give the same answer to the same question more than once, let alone every day of the year. Internet forums are GOLDMINES when it comes to EXISTING information, and this one is no different.

I just bought a Benz SUV last month and I've learned more about the vehicle just by reading through a forum than I could have learned in years of owning the darn thing. What to look out for, etc.

Anyway, when it comes to the GS 2nd gen, I've been in love with this car for 10 years now, and driving mine for 8. For those two years prior to owning one, a picture of one was framed on my desk to remind me daily of my goal of getting one. Now that I'm 8 year with the same 99, I can still say that it's the most beautiful, amazing car I've ever been around. There's only one way I'd ever part with it.....somebody would have to pry my cold, stiff, blue, dead hands off the steering wheel. I'm buying a 3rd generation this month, and the 99 is being "retired" into her garage spot where she'll stay for the rest of my days because I can tell you that I'd literally cry for a week if I sold her. Yeah, when I first got it, it was a status thing as much as anything else.....but here I am 8 years later, now with the ability to afford just about any car I choose, but quite frankly.....nothing out there appeals to me the way the '99 GS I already have does.

As for the coincidence that I've been driving the car for 8 years and just joined up here in November, along with alotta other folks.....I have no idea

I could not have said it any better. Well said and welcome
Old 12-06-07, 01:05 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisES
I nominate you for the best noob ever. That thread is very beneficial to many people, including myself.
he just might be ROTY for 2007
Old 12-06-07, 01:12 PM
hectik
Rookie

Originally Posted by MidnightG3

im with him had my since i graduated from middle school as a grad gift from my dad, loved it and taken good care of it,joined several different forums and learned alot about the gs now at 21 i still have it, sitting in the garage but its still there and no intention of letting it go
Old 12-06-07, 01:28 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mrurmil
The 2GS has become much more affordable now so you will see an influx of younger people on the forum.
You are correct..
Old 12-07-07, 04:03 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by EliteLexus
Especially with a sub par search function. Like a needle in a haystack most of the time and if I cant find it in 5 minutes it pisses me off.
Elite, the search isn't that bad. If you use the general search at the top of the page, then yes it gives out jumbled results from all of the sections combined. You should use the forum specific search which is located for example inside the 2nd Gen GS section, not located at the top. I did a search using 'IS350 wheels', which is what you previously asked for, and it gave me a lot of threads that included pictures. Not sure if you knew this info, but I figured I would try to help. Good luck on your future searches.
Old 09-27-08, 03:05 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Part 2

Does it seem like slang and text meassage style typing has taken over the 2gen GS forum by some of the new members?

Last edited by GS FONZy; 09-27-08 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-27-08, 03:20 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Part 2

Does it seem like slang and text meassage style typing has taken over the 2gen GS forum by some of the new members?
This drives me crazy, do they still teach English and writing in school? I haven't been out of school that long and I don't feel like I'm that far out of touch with the "kids" but I try to write somewhat properly. It's just so much easier to read IMO. I understand that some people type in a hurry and don't want to take time to worry about spelling and punctuation but there's a point where it takes too much effort to follow it.
Old 09-27-08, 05:08 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

omg broooooooo wtf
Old 09-27-08, 06:50 PM
arpham
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Phamboogie
omg broooooooo wtf
good to see another vietnamese dude.. im half